Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Have you considered cloning yerself? I think you would make a lovely couple!😜

I eventually gave in, and went to hospital to sort out my leg. Loads of TAs and THs today, but the annoyance at the moment is an empty IV drip attached to me with nobody to remove it. (I'm sure the drip is thinking the same thing about me…😉).

I've even pressed that buzzer thing to get help (which I rarely do), but people must be on their break. I was going to remove it myself but I'd probably twist the cannula and make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had an imaginary €10 burning a hole in my pocket. So I put it on Austria @16/1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My post in the TH thread …. “freak fückwit loud neighbours have all disappeared and haven’t been heard clanging about since about 5pm… hopefully I have not spoken too soon. 2.20 am so I might be safe. Pure silence I’m experiencing is bliss.”

Reality …. Sometime just before 5am being woken by them returning, doors banging, loud exaggerated psycho off their face guffawing…..im impossible to wake once I fall asleep but the racket……….

They smoke outside so it’s quiet for a few mins then they go outside to smoke and off again…

These are not 18/19 year old kids, they are mid 20’s, the one I know has completed a masters degree so far from uneducated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Heavy Traffic noise and people doing diy on a Sunday. ******* drills and **** going all day. **** sake, give it a rest. It's a little too damp for the lawnmowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^ it’s the same here, this all started during covid, I can empathise

My TA..The continued death of customer services 😵‍💫. Go to purchase a product online, ‘out of stock’

Call the store, they don’t take calls apparently and instead their message refers me to their website. I email them. Only to receive an email back……

The group customerservices only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list.”

So they won’t let me phone, won’t let me email…. 😅. I’m trying to hand these cünts about 280 euros and be in receipt of a product. just so as my time is not wasted I want to know which of their X number of shops has the thing…Otherwise i could be going Airside-Liffey Valley-Pavillions-Blanch…im not doing that…Absolute fúcking melts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just took a massive chunk out of the pad of my index finger with my own thumbnail. It's not even long, ffs. Throbbing like a motherfcuker and bleeding like stink, even with a plaster on.

Tell me again how intelligent design is a thing???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That different makers of the same tablet are different colours . The tablet I call my ZZZ one used to be blue , now white , the same as my other ones . No wonder I’ve dozed off these last few days 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who think Annie Lennox's Love Song For A Vampire is from the film Interview With The Vampire.

Yeah, it's from the other Dracula movie at the time. It's funny how movies always seem to or used to come in pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People calling timber units "log cabins" when they clearly aren't made of whole or split logs.

• Advertisement

The poor fuckers in the school behind me that presumably have two working parents and are in summer camp already. The TA is that the one I call Owl Boy is among them. He spends his entire time in the yard just constantly going "Whooooooooooooooo!" It's incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Charlo30

it might be the July Provision for kids with special needs

Well if it is, a lot of them go to that school anyway, cause I recognise a lot of the voices and a few names.

If you recognise some voices and names it would suggest that its July Provision. As classes with Special Needs children then to be much smaller. It would also explain why one of kids also makes a regular owl noise

Or it's the fact that the whole school spent pretty much the entire month of June in the yard - I've posted about it before - and I got to know a lot of the voices and names because I'm not working at the moment and have been hearing them a *lot *.

Not really sure why you're feeling to the need to go against my TA, tbh. Some kids are just noisy.

That's a fair point. Not the thread to debate TA's. Apologies

Beating yourself up because you are not getting stuff done on your day off work.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You've reminded me…I was in Dublin city centre on Saturday night. It's been a (long) while since I was in the city late on a Saturday and I'd forgotten what it can be like. Waiting for a bus at 1.15am on Dawson Street and some lad across the road was sitting on some steps howling like a dog. Repeatedly. Then some fecker on our side of the street started howling back. The bus couldn't come fast enough, lol.

Related TA, having to stand on the bus home because it was jammed

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm at McDonald's just off the Motorway.

Loads of young people around late teens/early twenties.

I'm nearly 32.

I feel so old and difficult compared to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA, I have a 2,500 word essay due on Friday and I’m looking at Boards. Will have to pull a few all nighters again …

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Had 1 coffee yesterday and had a short restless sleep last night. One day my brain will make the connection.

Generation baiting articles; Boomer this and Gen Z that.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.a. those greasy head marks people leave on bus windows. Great! now I can't see out the window properly, which is one of the only escapes from having to use the bus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people can't accept you don't like/enjoy something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭wildwillow

When people won’t clean kitchen appliances after use. I admit I am fairly neurotic about cleaning after each use as it’s so much easier than trying to deal with burnt in grime.
    Not judgemental but I cannot believe the state of some ovens I’ve encountered and have had to clean. A cup of hot water in the base while it cools and then a quick wipe saves time and effort later.

Gave my air fryer to a neighbour whose oven was broken. It’s returned a week later with much thanks but not cleaned. I spent the afternoon returning it to spotless and glad it was only a week’s worth of cooking grime.

Must get a life!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Litter bugs. Ugh.

• Advertisement

Got in an argument once about Barbie.

I had no real interest in going out of my way to see it at the cinema and I was nearly straight out accused of being a "toxic male" because I couldn't care less about watching it.

Advertisement