Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay - Dublin 2024 - Update Post 1 on Toutless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Here's a handy site for seat views.

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Croke+Park/seating-chart/

There's no concert photos for that section but there are some for the section next to you (703) and they look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭cr-07

Thanks for that. Have actually checked this site prior to posting my query 😄

Just in the fear that we may be too high and squashed into the corner of the stadium - don't want to be caught out with only a side view of the stage, and not of Chris Martin and his antics.

Last time Coldplay were in Dublin, we had seats in the Upper Davin. Those seats were nice; they were very central but a bit far away. Amazing atmosphere & show none the less though!

No problem! You should be good. Personally I'd take upper seats nearer the stage than lower tickets further away so I'd be happy with those. They'll also have a B stage and walkway that runs down to the center of the pitch so even if you end up a bit tight, you'll still see everything on the B stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Mr321

I'd imagine the week before the gig it'll be the same craic as Taylor Swift were you can't get in a queue to but tickets with a code? So heads up for that. I don't what way you get the codes I'd imagine it's like presale where you apply?

There won't be codes. There were none for the original sale so there won't be for any future ticket releases. TS was an anomaly to manage demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TheIrishPC

I think it's at the time of just keep regularly checking for tickets but also using common sense. A resale ticket came up this afternoon, I could have bought it, but I really don't feel comfortable paying €400 for a ticket. Someone did though because it was gone a few minutes later.

The issue with buying resale is you then can't resale that ticket, you can only transfer it to someone. And I didn't want to be stuck with a €400 ticket if a better and/or cheaper ticket came along on Ticketmaster.

And what did I say! Just got myself a pitch ticket! Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭airy fairy

What would the view be like in Cusack 708? Never been so haven't a clue.

I posted a link a few posts up which should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭raclle

That's all I'm seeing the last few days, tickets costing €300 - €400. Where and how much did you get yours for?

• Advertisement

I got a resale Floris pitch ticket for €300, the most I've ever spent on a concert ticket.

But it's the only one of the experience tickets I said I'd pay for because it gives me early pitch entry so I can be right at the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Shellfishfcuker

Got a notification today I won a pair of tickets for this, delighted with meself.

But that's still ridiculously expensive. I'm hoping they'll come down in price nearer to the date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Umm, wonder is the overhang in my way on row U, up with the gods. Is it pointless.....

I don't think the overhang will be in your way.

Oh it completely is. €40 of it is just the resale charges, and another €10 is the original Ticketmaster charge. In 2017 I paid €90, I think including charges it was €97 for the whole ticket.

You might be lucky to get cheaper tickets. I know in 2017 my mum got 2 premium tickets the day before the concert, at €150 each, originally on sale at €300 each. Of course inflation and price gauging from promoters has significantly increased prices in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Croke park. They have a draw for residents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Lightscribe

I thought all residents would be given tickets for the inconvenience of it.

No, this time I think there were 100 pairs of tickets raffled. They're usually for the Thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 markram39

If anyone is selling tickets give me a shout! Desperate to see them. Missed out on the first release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭chases0102

Same as, genuine fan here who is having zero luck despite checking TM constantly

I seen a good few "Enhanced Experiences" tickets on sale the last few weeks but you're talking €300+. I'd say a lot of the general tickets will go on resale in a month or just outside the concert dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lroge

Hi, I have 2 seated tickets lower David stand for Monday the 30th looking to swap for the Friday night if anyone could help out or is interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Lightscribe

You have your dates mixed up, Monday is the 2nd September.

😂

Post edited by Lightscribe on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Monday is the 2nd September.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭giseva

Just back from the last of their Rome shows and I can confirm they're still amazing even after show number 146 of this tour alone!

We had early entry which was a bit of a joke. Although we got right up the front, we didn't get in a whole lot earlier than general admission. Blistering heat doesn't help when you're just kept in various holding areas for hours.

Having had early entry before in Frankfurt and Croker with no issue, this one was poorly managed, some water was provided by a crew member hosing people down whether they liked it or not. Not sure why they didn't just let the few hundred of us in to get food, water, and out of the direct sunlight.

Rose Villain first act on, never heard of them but they were very good and their music complemented Coldplay. Janelle Monae came on next and I knew one or two of her songs, an amazing singer, but a bit of a head banger! Didn't really get much crowd participation as a result. She broke into some strange Michael Jackson type dance routine which went on for far too long to be entertaining, felt a bit sorry for her and I'm not in the habit of feeling sorry for millionaires. Strange one.

But the band didn't disappoint at all with a mix of old and new songs thrown in. We were unlucky for a couple of songs they didn't play having played them the previous nights, but still a brilliant concert.

Can't wait for Croke Park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 seanle86

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster allow you to swap or transfer resale tickets? I have two seating tickets for Coldplay Sunday 1st Sept purchased as resale tickets on Ticketmaster and looking to swap for standing on Friday 30th and not sure it is possible if I were to find someone willing to swap is it possible? Tks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Usually yes, but who knows Ticketmaster.

I could transfer my greenday resale ticket no problem, but the tickets were available straight away. I think Coldplay tickets are not available just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I'd say Ticketmaster will manage it the same way as Taylor Swift. The didn't allow a transfer until 48 hours before the gig.

Advertisement