Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers + Suede - 2nd July 2024 - Trinity College

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cool. I'd have every Summer gig at Trinity or Iveagh Gardens if I could. Lovely venues and sweet Jesus, the handiness!! I am hoping for a bit of life in there tonight, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Anyone need to offload a ticket for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I've one still to offload.

You know you're at the right gig when they're playing Prefab Sprout as warm up music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

think I saw you wandering round with a burger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You did indeed Scruff. Say hello the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭T.V Eye

'liked hearing the original we are all bourgeois now getting play too. Great tune.

Snarky Snark Snark

Snarky Snark Snark

just me or the sound quality pants?

• Advertisement

That tune ends and you've still got Suede to look forward to. Brilliant!

Enjoyed that. Now come on Suede!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Manics were decent. Suede though. Anderson is one of the great frontmen.

Ah completely. I was in for Suede, and honestly, only really for the first 2 albums but feck me, Brett is unbelievable. He's corny as **** with all the clapping stuff and the **** dance moves but he's magnetic, I was standing there beaming at him.for the duration. So even though I only got 'The 2 of us' from Dog Man Star, song of he night, by the way, I loved every second of that. Manics very good too, great night all in all, lovely to see @Thundercats Ho in there and to almost meet @scruff monkey .

Edit: Sorry, New Generation also. Also deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Would have preferred Manics to close the show. Suede were grand but thought they shot their load pretty early, the spell after the first four songs felt pretty barren.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gizmondic

I remember that gig. Crowd full of Kesha and Beyoncé fans. They were not impressed but the moshing by the small amount of manic fans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

James Dean Bradfield was nonchalantly walking through the crowd near the bar during suede at one point. I was for once a little awe struck given they have pretty much been my favourite band for most of my life.

First time seeing suede. They were excellent.

17th or something time seeing the manics, they were very good after the first few songs. Hated whatever that drum hit was in la tristessa durerra. Like cowbell.

I'd have changed their setlist a little, but otherwise good. They've been better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

first time to see suede, they did not disappoint!

My only complaint, wish they could have played longer. They have the songs.

• Advertisement

That's the deal when you've double headliners, apparently. 17 songs apiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah yeah, I know. It was a great night, two good bands, decent crowd, sound was good and easy to get to and no hassle all night.

First time seeing Suede.

He's a ridiculously good front man, with the self awareness to know it's not to be taken too seriously: "are you all professional musicians"

Fantastic band all 'round and the.post-reniunion material is solid.

Not my favourite Manics set I've seen but very good. From Despair and All Surface were highlights.

Good night.

For a man with his history, he looks brilliant, the picture of health and looked like he absolutely loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

What a great gig. How have I not seen Suede live more often? Brett was amazing - a real highlight of an extremely busy last 5 weeks of gigs and festivals.

Animal Nitrate and The Drowners early doors were both top notch, New Generation live was better than I remember it, and then So Young and Metal Mickey towards the ends had me bouncing around in likely very uncool fashion. She Still Leads Me On, Shadow Self and indeed the unreleased Antidepressants all sounded great to me too.

I won’t go on as much about the Manics but excellent stuff from them as well - privileged to see those two bands (and indeed many other talented musicians over the last 5 weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

A fantastic double bill. I was on the barrier, but opted not to take any photos. Nice to be in the thick of it when Brett came down. Really enjoyed the Manics (having had to do a crash course in their back catalogue in advance), but Suede were superb.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Brett's dancing and crowd surfing was great to see . He was everywhere !

Loved both sets and especially Suede so was happy with the order of play .Manics didn't disappoint either, great band .

Love Trinity as a venue.. just big enough for atmosphere but still feels cosy .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Was there mainly for the manics but always liked suede too.

But I thought suede stole the show.

Unbelievable set and Brett Anderson was like an elastic band up there.

Fantastic set from the manics too and for the price of the ticket, it was a bargain imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Still Ill

They're two seriously great frontmen! Really enjoyed that gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Great venue and 2 great bands, brilliant evening

Advertisement