Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

anybody try investing in that robo adviser ?Am in the balanced bundle risk 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭batistuta9

is cashback gone now for this points crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Apparently but I got last cashback yesterday so I'm not sure it actually gone just yet but expecting it will go.

And don't let @Yggr of Asgard hear you calling RevPointless crap or he will be very upset 🤭.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

More I look into rev points, more I think it's a great offering. Cashback as far as I know was usually small enough, and can probably get it anyway through topcashback.

I see they've added the athletic subscription and a chess subscription .

Athletic has been for a while on offer of a euro a month but used to be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This might surprise you, but I agree that the god old Shops Cashback was better than the new Rev Points system! Better 4% cashback in my pocket than having to wait for the right opportunity to use Rev Points.

But yes, batistuta9, the Shops Cashback is gone, and you get Rev Points.

As to cashback in the sense of 0.1% or 1% for card payments on Ultra for example, similar to optiplexgx270 I still got cashback for payments today, but it's gone from the website as benefit so I expect it to drop any day now once the 1 Rev Point per € is rolled out to everyone on Ultra in this case. But that is speculation at this time as it's not annouced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭pureza

The cash back is still on the app as a benefit of ultra and I'm still getting it atm aswell as the Rev points

I forgot to mention the 3gb esim is also included,which I've used and includes 5g

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Two questions sorry . Has anybody managed to move up from 3/5 Robo advisor risk to 5/5 If so how ? Also those who have both how does Revolut trading compare to Etoro ? Thank you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Bumper profits for Revolut, and they file accounts before the regulatory deadline (a problem they have had doing in the past).

Revolut reports 95pc growth in revenue, bumper profits

https://www.independent.ie/business/revolut-reports-95pc-growth-in-revenue-bumper-profits/a1414335902.html

Fully expecting them to jack up the plan prices again in October/November like last year. 600 million profits is not enough for their size and those bots salaries 🙂

Well, this statement from Joe Heneghan, chief executive of Revolut Europe confirms what I suspected about their Irish customer base:

“Historically, people opened Revolut accounts as a second product in order to carry out payments or get better value on foreign exchange. But the relationship with our customers is definitely maturing and [people] are taking more products with us,” he said.

Revolut’s Irish customer base reached 2.7 million at the end of 2023 and is on track to breach three million this year, equating to almost three-quarters of people over the age of 18 living in the State.

• Advertisement

Revolut is looking at providing Mortgages to Irish customers as per an interview with Joe Heneghan, chief executive of Revolut Europe in the Irish Times:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/2024/07/03/revolut-plots-irish-mortgages-launch-in-first-half-of-2025/

Article is paywalled!

There would be in my mind a distinct difference between active customers and again even less as main account customers (I am only one I know of out of friends and colleagues) and then someone who just registered and installed the app once and you can bet they are counting the latter for the media. I would like to know the first 2 figures (let's say "active" definition is a transaction a week).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,880 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anybody sign up for a credit card with Revolut? I did yesterday and it's pending review of documents now. Must wondering how long that phase takes from experience?

I have a bunch of purchases I want to make, but want to put them on CC because there's 1% cashback for first few months (not a huge cashback, but free money is free money)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭pureza

Theres probably quite a share of inactive or barely active accounts with the pillar banks too,people who have accounts that dont attract charges and the like but not as many as Rev

That said google and apple pay have really ramped up the use of kids Rev accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I've noticed a lot of Ads on RTE, Virgin media and Irish radio stations advertising Revlout.

Yeah, heard today on Nova about getting your salary credited to a Revolut account.

That's so 2022 🙂

The only couple observations I have made is that the money lands into the revolut account slower than the traditional banks, I am always the last paid with ptsb being the fastest (if i recall correctly or may have been ulster when it was still a thing) followed by boi/aib in our telegram chat group. Meaning that they get paid the previous evening and I will get it between 8-9am on the last business day.

Also over the years where in my situation we are to be paid on the last business day of the month, so if it falls on a Monday traditional banks may get it on the Friday but revolut has never been early like that for me (unlike when i was with kbc). Isn't really an issue just another observation. Sometimes you get payday envy but on the Monday when you get paid and others paid all their bills over the weekend the envy quickly disappears 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭crinkley

Interesting I get my expenses credited to my Revolut account and they come in 7pm the evening before, whilst with my bank it was always on the Friday

assumed it would be the same if I got my salary paid in

Salary source account is an Irish bank of america account going by the iban should that make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭herrdood

Our company pays monthly employees on 28th or previous Friday if 28th is on a weekend.

I always have it in my Revolut the evening before others I know of with the traditional banks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Always rejected for credit card and pay later (no idea why) so not hopeful on mortgage.

I had similar for a loan from them, applied recently and got the loan straight away, but at a higher interest rate, so just went with Avant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭beachhead

anyone being offered free 2 months on the Metal plan? Have not clicked on "get metal" to accept the offer.Wondering how do I cancel before the 2 months are up or will they take a payment of 10 months from my stored card straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Oh I'd imagine if you go ahead and order the physical card, then it doesn't become "free" for 2 months any more.

Yep that's how it works. If you just use the card you currently have, you can cancel your trial by clicking into your account and then your plan and changing it back to the plan you want.

Order a card and you'll have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭bren2001

All pretty explicit in the T&Cs. It's made abundantly clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redmond08

I changed from AIB to Revolut, I was wondering does anyone have any experience using their account switching service? Did everything transfer over, balance, direct debits etc & how long did it take?

Really? I'm the opposite and my Revolut gets my salary faster than people I work with using the legacy banks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,880 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've not used Revolut's switcher, but I have switched banks a few times and even when they have a switcher service something was missed every time.

So make sure to get a record of all direct debits and standing orders before you move so you can verify they are in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭00sully

its horrendous. and the support thereafter was worse. farcical as several people have pointed out would love to post my transcript. Over a week moved to a different dept. 8 times, sometimes back to the same person who would invariable say "please let me look into this" and then to pass me to another dept.

I had to manually revert all of them with a lot of hassle. They did give me ~$100 for my trouble at least.

Advertisement