Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weber BBQ deal in Woodies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭onform

Sounds like you're getting a right grilling... 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

I had a paper receipt as I bought it in store

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭wassie

Going to add a thermometer from Amazon - these can be had for under ten quid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Onlyfire-Charcoal-Char-Grillers-Thermometer-Temperature/dp/B0725DD39J

Theres a review on the link above by user "Just Paul" which describes an installation on a Weber Q series. The pics below are from same review .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Perfect - appreciate that. I'll do that right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Shellfishfcuker

Got an email from woodies first thing this morning with an actual invoice, so happy days. Fair play to woodies, they were very quick.

I got a tatty empty yellow 11kg bottle from a neighbour and brought it to woodies an hour ago, they took it in exchange for a new full grey 6kg bottle with no hassle. €25 for the gas.

Folks, what exactly do they want us to do with the barcode label? Wtf does "must be clearly cut un" mean???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm guessing they want you to cut it out to prove you've bought it and haven't just taken a photo of the barcode in one of the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rex_turner

I had to resend mine as I hadn't cut it out, the second time I cut it out of the box and placed it on a very different background for the photo so that it was very obvious that it was cut out - got an email to say it was accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

good few of these in Woodies Glasnevin this morning at 9.30am. In the offers baskets by the tills if anyone is still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Akula

could somebody post a picture of their burners going at full power?

mine looks to be very tiny little flames - really tiny. Not sure if that is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bren123_

pros and cons -

Con - if you change the original regulator you void your warranty with the manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭wassie

No it wont. The Weber Q1000/2000 series is designed to run on LPG which can be either Butane or Propane.

For anyone that is interested, the user guide [see here] even shows you how to connect & disconnect various types of regulators on p12 (see illustration no.5 the pic below for a typical butane 'jumbo' regulator ).

The guide specifically states that you should "Identify your regulator type. Follow the instructions for that regulator" as regulators typically ship with their own instructions.

I swapped out the supplied regulator last night to test out my butane one. The easiest way to swap regulators is to have the new regulator connected to its own hose, then its just a simple case of undoing a nut on the Valve-to-regulator hose connection as shown by the red arrow.

Can be handy if you use patio gas for BBQing and run out mid cook. Its then a simple swap over to a different cylinder for household cooking such as yellow cylinder Butane. There guide does state however to use "Only use cylinders with a minimum capacity of 2,5 kg and a maximum capacity of 13 kg"

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

good to know they will get on to it. Got that generic email saying there wanted more than an email confirmation of the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bought in store on saturday and submitted my form, got email lastnight asking for a picture of the barcode removed - sent that this morning and just got the validation complete email 2 hours later, bank transfer pending

Great bargain this!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

For those who had to reach out to Woodies for a tax invoice / actual receipt was there an email address you contacted them on or just use the online contact us from ???

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I just got mine back there. Went via the contact us link in the footer of the original confirmation email.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

woodies very quick to respond on both the €50 refund and invoice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

"Remboursement accepté", "Bank transfer pending"

• Advertisement

I just used the contact form.

Aliexpress have the thermometers for €2.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭ECookie13

My receipt has the €50 discount listed on it. Anyone have any issue getting it accepted if their receipt is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

My receipt had the 50 euro discount on it, and my application is shows 4/4 steps complete, with "Remboursement accepté", "Bank transfer pending"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭leex

I picked one up in Athlone Woodies yesterday. They had at least 6 or 7 more on display in 2 separate areas. The stand on this looks very light in a positive sense in that whole unit looks very portable. Thanks to OP for highlighting the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah its light, but as well the grill part of it clips on and off the stand very easily making it very easy to move around/transport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

For anyone who got an email to provide a photo of the serial number removed, and then sent it… did you receive an email, or just check your status?

I emailed mine, but no email and still showing as not provided on my status.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Invincible

I submitted image of invoice and image of barcode cut out on 1/07, just checked status there, verification in progress. Anyone else at same stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mrperty2011

it took a few days for them to reply after following up with missing email evidence. Probably sheer volume of uptake. Then got email yesterday stating “participation has been completed and validated “. Website changed afterwards to bank transfer pending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Ryath

I got email confirming entry straight away on Friday evening. They asked for updated receipt Sunday evening, I sent collection email but they didn't reply until Tuesday lunchtime that it wasn't accepted. Had got new Invoice from Woodies in meantime and sent them that. Was approved for Cashback this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Is there any word on how long the transfer takes?

Advertisement