Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Gary_dunne

New list of acts announced.

CMAT, Lankum, Villagers, Loreen, The Stranglers, Blindboy, Bambie Thug, Daydreamers, Cardinals and ZIMMER90.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭rubick

The Stranglers, hahaha will absolutely support. Great to see Lankum added after a stunning set at Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Thats a bit better. Like stranglers and the villagers. And as a Eurovision fan Loreen and Bambie thug are good additions! Must give Lankum a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Some good acts there but nothing that made me jump out of my seat. I love Lankum, but they play plenty around the country so while will be good to see them it will be nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

christ, I mean, I like the stranglers but it feels like indulging in a bit of the old necrophelia at this stage…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Fanirish

people on social media comments not to happy. Somewhat unimaginative bookings, pretty much all artists you can or could have seen see all across ireland in last 9 months.

At least I'll have a bit to do now apart from manning the Providencia DnB stage from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'll be going see CMAT and Villagers anyway.

Snarky Snark Snark

For Villagers, am I wrong in thinking it's unusual to have a Trinity concert series group then turn up at picnic?

Chuck in Suede and The Manics and we've got ourselves something dangerously close to a line-up.

• Advertisement

hadn’t happened before but trinity series and fairview nearly always international acts and they wouldn’t have availability or be about europe in September if they already played June/July European dates.
    different matter with local to Dublin artists.

Well Suede are out because they are in the Far East, Manics unlikely due to two dates in England close together over the EP window. That was a hopeful yet ultimately fruitless couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Heard at Glasters that Fest Republic - including Belvin - were shocked at negative reaction to the orig announcement.

@desk tidy and I spotted Melv dandering through West Holts on the Saturday. The Goan Fish Curry I was eating was far too nice to lob at him. Sorry, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Five definites for me. Cork band the Cardinals are excellent. Pogues and Libertines influence but they’ve their own sound.A great addition, for me they’re superior to most of the decent indie bands we’ve seen arrive in the past 5/6 years.

Paul Weller has free slots across the EP window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Not sure if All Points East is their only European show, but would love to see Decemberists over here.

Yeah I saw him too. Got a load of goss about him over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Yawn. Just checked out those i don't know; Zimmer90 is more bland shite for people who wear deck shoes and think Yacht Rock is an acceptable term. Loreen reminds me of London Grammar meets a million other interchangeable female singers. Couldn't find anything on daydreamers.

No time for CMAT, Villagers or Lankum (though i'd give the latter a go just to see if the live experience is any better for me). The Stranglers i haven't seen since 1994 so that tells its own story.

I really should sell my ticket and put it towards my new laptop fund. It would at least give all you lot a rest from my incessant negativity.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Great to see the new additions. Will there be more announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭darzog

FB Banter group came up with their bantankerous t-shi®t concoction, so I'm thinking that this should be 'our' thread's effort. Maybe some of that ferocious gossip can go on the back of it…

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Snarky Snark Snark

It was advertised as exclusive Irish show. But plans evidently changed in the meantime.

Nothing overwhelming.
    EP time is so precious, you can spend hours trying to make it to an act/location, if you get there and it’s not to your liking it’s time wasted you could have spent elsewhere! At this stage I need to see all acts, especially new/unknown artists, need research time! No fun getting loads of acts two weeks before and not being able to look them up!

Happy to see CMAT added, but was kinda banking on her anyways. I assume she’ll sub or close the EA, what night I wonder?

playing Norway on the Friday so either Saturday or more likely the Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭dav09

I can relate to this. All very bland, maybe besides Bambie Thug if you look at their solo/ non Eurovision stuff but I don't think it's for me. Lankum a very good booking but again not really my cup of tea, have also enjoyed CMAT a few times. Same with the Villagers solo gig I seen years ago quite boring.

But where is the non super generic bookings the festival is known for? There's always a huge bunch mixed in. Hard hitting stuff, DNB, Hip Hop, Jungle, Rock, Experimental, it mostly fits the bland indie-pop snooze fest the rest of the lineup has been so far, you can even say the same about the dance acts announced, nothing special and whatever is the flavor of the month. A lot of the bookings strike me as a 'would be decent at 3PM' type of bookings, their booking policy is really geared towards being totally generic. Even London Grammar are usually very good in fairness, but Loren a very odd booking. Will have to check out the two I don't know of on the list.

I know we're long gone from the days of Death Grips or The Prodigy but how middle of the road everything is overall, it's hard to get excited for. I'm hopeful we'll get some better announcements going forward but starting to lose hope at this stage, finding it very difficult to find anyone exciting besides 5 so far where as only 5 years ago there would be 30/40 acts come festival time, although there's still time.

• Advertisement

ffs she’ll end up clashing with Kyle, that’s gonna be a no go with the woman!! I’d nearly bare wet weather, a precise thunderstorm storm lasting 3 hours for Kodaline and Harris, while I’m tucked up in the EA.

Side note, just gone back to the lineup to check dates and I’m having repeat sh1te shock ATTACK !! The top 6 are truly awful (I’ll take Kyle out of that as she’s an icon)

Advertisement