Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,805 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

he should've sent the clip anyway

wonder if it had video?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Well, I knew this would come back to bite me. Been like an American cop with his can of mace for the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Well now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Was in Croker to watch Gaillimh beat the Jackeens. Then off to The Sawdoctors afterwards. Then into town for pints and a Supermacs to finish up the night. Estimating about 12 pints drank.

In an awful heap yesterday and my guts are in absolute bits today. The hoop is already raw and hot, and I get the feeling I’ll be visiting the small room at least another 4 or 5 times today. Like squirting out baby food from a sachet.

A case of "Hot Hole".

I recommend the baby wipes from the fridge.

• Advertisement

Had a feed of Pappa John's myself last night.

12 inch pizza and garlic cheese chips.

Jaysus, no fun today I tells ye.

Met my cousin today for lunch. His wife is pregnant with twins and he was telling me she had to go into hospital for surgery on a simply horrific case of the Johnny Giles. Ain’t easy being a woman at times is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Burst a clump of Farmers meself about two year ago after trying to discharge a real ‘Barrack Buster’.

Not a pleasant experience.Had to dab the muzzle with the good KittenSoft for about a week and was blowing out rusty water for about three weeks.

Had to give the Calvin’s a rest during the crisis due to heavy damage and staining.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

heard some enterprising lads in the hotel where Taylor Swift were staying were trying to capture her logs. Imagine how much you sell pieces to the Swifties for !

• Advertisement

Was on Pearse Street this morning when I felt the Barbarians at the Gate. Was passing Dublin City Library and headed in. Good basic facilities. Two ply, full length ceiling to floor door, good solid flush, even a toilet brush if that’s your thing. Hot water, working hand dryer. Obviously not in the same league as Brown Thomas, Shelbourne, even O’Neills of Suffolk Street, but a very solid choice if you are in the area. 7.5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

^^ I remember, as a youngfella, my old man reading me pub reviews, from one of the Sunday rags, called "Pub Spy".

I think it was a mystery shopper kinda deal, where a regular joe would visit random pubs, and give them marks out of ten for the quality of the pint, and the ambience, and the clientele, and the bar-staff, pint prices, selection of crips & peanuts, the quality of ham & cheese toasties etc.

Perhaps the more learned and well travelled members of this fine thread could start a "Bog Spy" column?

It’s still around, Trout. Some auld jackeen travelling round the country reviewing pubs in towns where all hope is lost. I read it as it’s part of the Independent subscription. Very depressing stuff. Undertones of alcoholism, family break ups, overweight barmaids and broken dreams off it. The state of the shïtters only gets a brief mention.

Needs more than a brief mention, if you ask me. Punters need to know the substantive things, like the background stench, the ambient light, if the soap is lavender scented, double or triple ply, are there actual seats … you know … the important stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

At her level of success, she surely does a Big Vlad on it. The chap has a suitcase specifically to carry his loadouts back to the Fatherland in case any dirty foreigners care to test his samples for signs of illness. I imagine it having some sort of fold-out bog attached so he can simply stick it into position and drop straight to case. Perhaps some sort of futuristic mini-composter is in place too. The blueprints are unavailable to plebs like myself but Taylor would have that level of access. She can just shake one off wherever she may be, stick it in the boot, scoot on home and throw it over to Travis to stick the contents on the compost heap.

I'd say that Taytay has evolved to a higher level of being, and is no longer bog-bound, like regular humans are

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’d be partial to a pint in The Bank on Dame St from time to time. Good food too.

The bogs are great but where they fall down is not having floor to ceiling cubicle “enclosure”.

It’s a real shame as on the trip down to them you are met with some interesting images of Irish history and then on in to the old vaults where the urinals are fine but the cubicles just lack that one thing that would gain them a perfect score.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

^^ This is exactly the quality of reporting and trusted expertise that I was banging on about … this is important info, presented in a concise, accurate and consumable fashion. Well played sir!

ah I doubt she’s that paranoid. Imagine getting your hands on a Tay Tay stool. Freeze dry it and slice it into 20 or 30 depending on size. Would easily fetch €500 a slice if authenticated

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Well! After 300 pages about sh*t I think we have a winner. Now I have a mental picture of enterprising lads waiting at the sewer round the back of the hotel that Taylor is staying in ready to catch one of her logs before it “Swiftly” flows away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Think this might be right, like someone in Star Trek she probably has it teleported out of her arse straight into space.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Been on a magnesium supplement the last while and now that I've worked out how much to use I'm sluicing out fine healthy logs.

This morning's one was a specimen. Hit the water line with hardly a splash and still hadn't cleared the hula hoop. I let it marinate while finishing up Wordle. Some bang off it too, and as it went on it's way I thought it'll be a real stress test for Ringend.

Experience was completed when the little bollix of a summer student with his stupid broccoli head went straight into the stall as I was washing up. Breathe deep there's vitamins in the air ya little gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,805 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There'd be rather a lot, how to identify the correct one?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I believe the plan was to install some sort of filter down the u bend of the Jax in her room and pick the more feminine log. Video the entire operation for proof

Sequins and star quality. Swifties would be able to spot one a mile off.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

id say seeing as shes a "megasuperstar" she has them monogramed…

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Perfectly formed otherworldly diaphanous shapes, with monograms, outlined in sequins, and a subtle, delicate honk of cinnamon and fir trees.

Not that I've given it much thought

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Absolutely.

If I'm downing a skinful of unverified stout I need to know about the drainage setup.

That Pubspy sham seems to be more bothered about open fires and other folksy nonsense.

Digs at the government as well and praising the Shinners. He’d be better off giving the shïtters a good once over and reporting back on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Agree. The jacks design is odd.

Food is great though. Pre-Covid, I ate there every Monday lunchtime. Half a cooked chicken with all the trimmings. Savage.

Advertisement