Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fandozzle

https://x.com/paulmotty/status/1808516694341500995?t=kP1rxNshoJu4sJFFugLJ4Q&s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I suppose it's to late now for a new Democratic nomination?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

New internal polling since the debate shows catastrophic numbers for Biden. Swing states are swinging red. The clock is running down for Biden to step down…..

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭DaithiMa

Yes, agree 100%. For what it's worth I am not posting the odds to suggest Trump wins. The interesting thing about what has happened in the market overnight and today is that somebody somewhere seems pretty certain that it will be Harris v Trump and not Biden. And they have put their money where their mouth is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

more money = lower odds.

It’s not prediction.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 83,207 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bookies also paid out on Hillary right after the release of the now infamous Access Hollywood tape.

And the newspapers also printed “DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There's a touch of vanity and arrogance about Biden (and his wife) wanting to take on the job approaching his 82nd birthday. Most people of that age would concede it was too much for them and would be better done by a younger person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Cut to if/when he does step down, all the people still insisting there's no issue and he just has a stammer will be saying "what's the big deal we all knew this would happen, what a hero doing what's right for the country, nothing to see here blah blah blah".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

God forbid they ever admit that they were wrong about something!

The exchange is not the bookies, it allows normal Joe Soaps to back and lay, you can only back with normal bookmakers. Also, I am not claiming that the markets are always right.

All I am saying is that the way the odds have moved in the Next President market AND the Democrat Nomination market in the last 12/18 hours suggest that Biden won't run and Harris will. Nothing to do with Trump winning or not. I am not predicting what will happen either way, it is just unusual for such a massive change in odds to happen in such a short period of time.

I never said it was a prediction! You claimed that money for Trump was the reason for Harris shortening and Biden drifting and that I didn't understand odds. What has money for Trump got to do with Harris moving from 20.0 into 5.50 and Biden drifting from 3.00/4.00 to 13.5 in the next president market?

All the money is going on Harris. She's also now a clear favourite to be the Democrats nomination, a market that has zero to do with Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Post edited by Danzy on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭ronjo

I dont think the majority of people would think or say this.

I was taken aback by his performance and I really hope he now does step down for the right of the country.

It was said on this thread that his debate performance was simply down to his stammer and he's perfectly fine and normal. This was days after the event when it became clear that there are serious misgivings within the party about Bidens health and viability. Just a stammer, lol. They are a minority, but some people seemingly wont allow themselves to see the obvious, but they'll pivot on a dime when the official storyline changes, wait and see.

Meanwhile, in the non delusional world, even Bill Maher, whos always said he will vote for Biden even if he's just a "head in a jar", says it's time for him to go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It was said on this thread that his debate performance was simply down to his stammer and he's perfectly fine and normal.

No it wasn't.

Like, it explains elements of it, but he's also clearly very **** old. I don't think he is a dementia patient or anything, he's just old. I wish someone else capable had run, but they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭ronjo

Yes there might be minorities alright….. I havent seen ONE Trump fan on Boards address the project 25 stuff though. For some reason every single time its mentioned its just ignored.

well, others ran, but the voters weren’t interested. Biden ran away with the primaries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭brickster69

Looking like they need the Kamala / Fetterman dream team to save the day.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Someone else capable. Those who ran were weirdos.

It is what it is. If I was American I'd vote for a Weekend at Bernies Biden over Trump, but no one in the party thought they could beat Biden in a primary.

I understand you but again, while it is an unusual shift in odds I was also just pointing out the shift in odds was so drastic after the access Hollywood tape that bookies actually paid out on Hillary winning the election before it happened. Have the bookies paid out on Biden losing the election yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Can Joe not get corn pop and give him a good beating behind the bike shed lol.

On a serious note if Biden goes ahead it's a beating. In 2020 I was incredulous he got 81 million votes/smelled fishy

2024 not a hope anyone wud belive it

Kamala Harris is probably more hated than Hilary she's a grifter

Newsome has destroyed California

Only hope to beat Trump Michelle obama not seeing her running though..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wait they smelled fishy yet any case in court alleging this was thrown out and led to many lawyers disbarred. Quick get onto Rudi as you might just save his career

Well I'm not a trump fan, don't really know that much about the project 25 thing. Had a quick Google yesterday and so it seems its a think tank who want to implement all these crazy ideas. Has trump said he's on board with it? Think tanks say a lot of things. My impression was it's the democrat version of the FEMA camps conspiracy theory that pops up every few years.

Whoever has been laying him on the exchange to be the Democrat nomination or to be next president will be getting paid out if he doesn't run and Harris does.

Absolutely nothing to do with the bookies paying out early on Hillary (which was a publicity stunt by one bookie) and I have no idea what the access Hollywood tape is you are talking about.

My interest in the basket case that is American politics is tenuous at best and I am not a Trump supporter. I think he's a clown. I just thought the betting markets were interesting but it seems some take odds very personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

NYT and others seeming to push the narrative that Kamala Harris will be the nominee.

I'm hoping this works out really well for the Democrats; Biden remains POTUS through the end of the year and does what he can to boost Harris' campaign. I don't see the need for him to resign, he won't be back in 2025 no matter what, and why upset the apple cart?

Maybe Harris can come up with, I dunno, some ideas that are more than 'Be afraid of CFTrump.' Like, Medicare for all? Nationwide right to abortion if elected? Things like that.

She wouldn't have to woo the Democrat base too hard; as always, it's the swing voters. CFTrump will make that easy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

This afternoon CNN were leading with the NYT story that Biden is discussing whether or not he should stay in the race.

If he's lost CNN and the NYT he's toast, it's strange that he doesn't realise it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Russman

Its interesting times, I dislike Trump as much as any normal person does, but at this stage the Dems might be as well off essentially "throwing" this election. Not a chance Biden wins if he runs, and if you're one of the other potentials being mentioned, why would you ruin what will likely be your one and only shot at a presidential run, on at best, half a campaign ? Can't see any of them actually wanting the nomination this time round when it looks like DT is a shoo-in. Let Harris have a go to get her out of the picture for next time and have someone halfway competent lined up for when/if they next have an election.

Advertisement