Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US is the cause of Ukraine’s failures in the war against Russia

• 03-07-2024 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was born and raised in Ukraine but have lived in the US for over 10 years. I don’t know much of what is going on in my motherland but now I’m worried about Ukraine, because of its war against Russia. This is what I don’t understand: why don’t the allies provide the necessary military support to the Ukrainian army? As a matter of fact, the US government sends the old, useless military junk marketing it as the peak of its efforts. As a Ukrainian living in the US, I am disgusted by this hypocrisy happening every day.

Actually, I think none of the politicians intended to give any serious help to Ukrainians in order to fight the Russian aggression. They just want to delay this endless war as it allows them to boost their poll numbers, earn electoral points and distract their own population from internal issues.

I assume that Americans would never even consider provide any real support for Ukraine. The current presidential elections could not change anything here. The main reason is your own greediness and indifference to what happens to other nations. I know what I’m talking about. You think only about how to get richer off conflicts in other countries and are unable to sacrifice your comfort for the sake of other’s wellbeing.

No one asks the US to send their own troops but I believe the most developed countries like the US must share their money and resources with Ukraine. It wouldn’t harm the US if they slightly raise their taxes and prices and the collected money are sent to Ukraine. This country being the American protective shield in Europe by all means deserves such a support from the US.

Post edited by Seth Brundle on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭Allinall

Are you of fighting age yourself, OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Kurooi

If you're a Ukrainian living in the US, what caused you to post this in an Irish forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭Shoog

Russian troll ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭con___manx1

the usa are sending some troops just unofficially so are brittan and France so on. If trump gets back in who knows what he will do as he's as mad as putin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

What are your thoughts on Russia OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Notmything

You are aware you are posting on an Irish forum, in a country that won't even supply the Ukraine with a single bullet, or even allow Irish funds be used to buy bullets?

But other than that 1 out of 10 for effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭con747

Well at least they posted a picture of a wooden war machine. Looks like a reproduction to me though 😂

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The US Congress has appropriated more than $174 billion and signed / approved by Biden under 5 supplemental appropriations acts for Ukraine since the recent invasion by Russia per www.gao.gov. European countries appropriated approximately $50 billions per crsreports.congress.gov in security assistance to Ukraine.

The US contribution from American taxpayers to Ukraine overwhelms all others combined. This is for a Ukraine that has not been an official ally of the United States, and not a NATO member, but since 1991 has enjoyed “friendly and strategic relations” with Ukraine per en.wiki pedia.org.

It seems a bit disingenuous to criticize such a financial commitment from a non-ally, especially when you compare this $174 billion that greatly exceeds the 2022 year Ukraine GDP of $160.5 billions per the World Bank. Certainly, the US acts in its own interests, but such interests have fortunately benefited Ukraine in its fight to protect its sovereignty.

Furthermore, this criticism of the United States financial commitment to Ukraine by your first post on our Irish (and not US) platform seems rather odd, especially when you claim to be living in the US for the past 10 years. Other posters on this thread have also questioned why you have posted here. Eire is a member of the EU, not NATO, and remains officially neutral, so why post Ireland?

If your interest is in Ukraine sovereignty, by incredibly blaming the Russia Ukraine war on the USA after its extraordinary financial appropriations, are you not posting in Ukraine’s best interests by slapping the hand that feeds? Or worse, unwittingly discouraging future US appropriations for Ukraine that, of course would benefit Putin and Russia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Field east

I know what you are getting at.that is a COMpLETELY separate issue

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mod: Locking this as I'm not sure if it is genuine and there are several Ukraine threads in Politics & Current Affairs anyhow.

Post edited by Seth Brundle on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement