Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Premier sports are showing Osaka and Narvarro.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,796 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ha I noticed that in first round it looks like a doily you would see at a grans. She is also down a set and a break now!

Decided to listen to the radio on the app, and the commentary is using words like “inspired” to describe raducanu in this game.

Honestly she was excellent best I have seen her play in a long long time, against a very solid opponent!

6-1, 6-2 was not a fluke.

• Advertisement

it’s annoying that I have sky and use sky go and it blocks the BBC on a device despite it being linked to the sky box in the house.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Raducanu into the third round without too much hassle at all, not sure I saw that coming. Her draw is relatively clear until the SF's, so if she's in form then a deep run could be on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭drury..

It'll be a sad say when the free hd channels are gone

Apparently on the way out

Sinner v Berrettini is tight as expected so far 5-5, Berrettini saving a set point.

Sinner edges the first set tie break with Berrettini, high quality contest so far!

Felix Auger-Aliassime gone, Tommy Paul (who won queen's) in a battle in 5th set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭drury..

The umpires would want good neck muscles with the head going over and back for hours

Berrettini, Sinner match is a cracker.

Berrettini didn't do much wrong in first two sets, losing them in two tie breakers, but Berrettini up a break in third, not over quite yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think Berrettini is on the march now.

I think at the moment he's more hungry for it than Sinner.

However , he has alot of groundwork to cover to pull it back. If the match pauses for the night it will be Sinners tmw.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Up two breaks now.... I'd say Sinner has written this set off, and will just crank it up a gear it two from game one in the 4th. Can't see Berettini taking it to 5, as much as I'd love him to.

I'm sorry to see either of these go out so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Both of them just going through the motions now to finish off the 3rd set and get on to the 4th.

I only tuned in during the 3rd set - did Sinner break Berettini's serve at all during the first 2 sets?

This might go to 5 after all, now that Berettini has a break!

ETA…. or not!!

Berettini is so flaky. Gives up the break in the very next game. For the 2nd time in this match.

No breaks in the first set, one break each in second set (I think it was a while back!)

This is a real ding dong!

Good man Berettini!!! Not going without a fight.

How close were the first two tie breaks?

In the 2nd one, Sinner got the mini break at the start and kept a couple of points daylight between him and Berettini until the end. Didn't see the first tie break.

• Advertisement

A few too many wild ones from Matteo, methinks.....

Sinner edges tiebreak with Berrettini. Excellent match.

Shame for Berrettini but really good signs he can continue to climb the rankings.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Nice to see Berrettini back playing quite well, if a bit erratic. Shame they had to meet so early.

Oh dear, some poor British girl getting an absolute pasting at the hands of Kasatkina (who is in great form lately, and one to watch IMO!)

Hurkacz two sets down to Fils

Hurkacz storms through third set.

Dimitrov lost first set to Shang update and now second ..

Post edited by gmisk on

A right ding-dong battle going on between Boulter and Dart..... both wound up to 90 by the looks of it.

Heading for 1 set all - hard to know how the 3rd might go!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hurcacz injured and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

This Boulter v Dart match is painful to watch.

• Advertisement

Is Djokovic struggling with the knee? Forehand movement seems to be all over the place at times.

Advertisement