Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options
1161162163164165167»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone got a pair of Saucony endorphin elites, i cant get a pair of aplhaflys anywhere and was wondering are they an equal alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Rossi7

If you are a 7 or 9.5, Lifestyle have them for €120 in navy/purple

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Crap, just looked and only 7s now. I would have chanced the 9.5, im a 9.

Thanks for the tag

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Thanks , managed to snag a pair. Wasn't fast enough last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

alphafly 3 available today on the Nike site/app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mullinabreena

Anyone wear the Mizuno Neo Vista? Good for a daily trainer or is it more suited to marathon pace stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭jv2000

The run testers just did a comparison between the neo vista and the Superblast 2. They concluded that they are very similar but the neo vista is better for daily easy miles whilst the SB 2 is better for more up tempo stuff. Also they cited the big price difference as the main reason to go for the neo vista over SB 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

I have a pair for €170 from December, they’re a great shoe.

What (or who) is Y-3? It says these collab edition shoes are reduced from €360! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Picked up a pair of Asics metaspeed sky.

Did easy 5k in the them to try them out before giving them a proper run out tomorrow. Far from my fittest but they seem like a fast enough shoe

• Advertisement

marathon season about to start. For those of you with the Alphafly 3, what are your thoughts?

I’m a tall lanky stride runner (long stride, lower cadence). I’m told my mechanics are more suited to a bouncier super shoe, to make that stride even longer as I speed up - which the alphafly would obviously be.

They’re more freely available now on Nike and sports shops, elverys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I've also wondered what Y-3 was.

I've been wearing Nikes for a while now and wear a UK 7.5. In the past I needed an UK 8 or 8.5 in Adidas. Would that be the same these days for the Adidas supershoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Y-3 is apparently a famous Japanese fashion designer. They collaborate with Adidas over a wide range of products that are priced at a big premium. Not something I'd have any interest in personally but I did pick up a pair of the Y-3 Adios Pros as the price was pretty good. They arrived the other day in a very plush package. Wouldn't be that keen on the look of them to be honest but they're a great shoe so I'll not worry about it.

I wear the same size in Adidas and Nike super shoes and have found them both to be true to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They always sell out fairly quickly, i just ordered a pair of the 3's there, have used the 2's and original for all my marathons, I am a bit heavier and i just find the cushioning unreal and i just bounce along.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

On holiday in France and went out of my way to go to a sports shop that I know sell older running shoes. Was shocked when I saw the speed 2s Chicago edition for 90 quid. Had to size up but they look and feel like a racing shoe. Have the 3s and like them but these feel totally different. Out with a calf injury at the moment but looking forward to getting out in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

My expensive Asic Metaspeed Edge arrived earlier in the week,I have only managed a fast(for me) 5 mile run….

So light, fit great, look great and decent laces and lacing. I hate the Vaporfly lacing. Eventhough I set my Marathon PB in them…

I will report back after a long run…it will be a while as ForestFest is going to stall everything !!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Picked up a pair of Velocity Nitro 3 for a decent price in the Elverys sale. Loved the previous version as a daily trainer and apparently this version is much the same.

https://www.elverys.ie/products/puma-velocity-nitro-3-mens-running-shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Snodge

what are the main differences between the vapourflys and alphaflys for anyone who has used both?

Thinking of switching to nike from the Saucony Endorphins

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Bez Bing

where’s the best place in Dublin to try on running shoes? Looking to move away form my addias Boston staple and try other brands. Amphibian king?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I found the big difference is weight, I get better results from the vaporfly especially when I start to get tired, if you fall back on your heels are you tire then you dont get the benefits of the alphafly pods and plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ive been rotating through different ASICS novablasts for the last 15 months or so. I've picked them very cheaply from the outlet (I paid €90 for the first pair and €70 each for the rest), have had no issues with them so I just kept sticking with them.

1 pair Novablast 2 LE, retired with about 700k on them

2 more pairs of NB 2 LE, still in rotation but they are getting a little long in the tooth, both have ~550k so they don't have much life left in them

1 pair of NB 3. These have 300k on them. Just judging by the sole, these are not lasting like the 2 at all. Visually the sole on these looks the worst out of the 4 pairs I've used despite having a lot less miles on them.

I have one more pair of NB3 still in a box.

Was originally hoping my current rotation would get me a bit deeper into marathon training before I started using the new pair but it looks like I'll need something sooner rather than later.

NB4 look to have a similar sole to the 3 so I'm not crazy about the thoughts.of spending €150 on them

I'm after picking up a couple of pairs of puma runners from elverys to try out

The velocity nitro 3 and magnify nitro 2, they were both on sale and had buy 1 get 1 half price so it was €129 for both, just hoping they fit now!

I checked a size equivalent chart and this is what size I am in ASICS, a column all on its own! I went for 9.5 in puma which is sizing up according to this chart

with all the modern running foams, you’re wasting your time using outsole wear as a measure of durability, unless you’re a particularly heavy runner.

The foams are dead long before the outsole rubber wears through, in my experience. I’ve thrown out shoes with over 1000km on them that look as good as shoes with less than 100km that I would’ve worn about 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What your saying is sort the opposite problem I'm having, where I might need to retire them for the sole before the foam is done.

I am overweight so I am a heavier runner.

The first pair of NB2 I retired at 700km because of the foam, the sole was still acceptable

I'm not sure the sole of the NB3 will last til those distances as it's already in worse shape at 300k, I doubt it will do another 400k.

I must land on my heel oddly as my runners(all my shoes actually ) wear on the outside of the heel, and wear fairly evenly at the front. I guess the NB3 sole just isn't that compatible with that

That's the NB3 and 700k NB2. You can see I'm starting to wear down the foam of the NB3. Happening a little on the NB2 as well, but not as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Nothing is made to last anymore. The manufacturers have managed to swing the buyer market their way. Now most people are sold into buying "a new improved version" each year. They only want them to last for so long and don't care about quality too much.

exactly - no one has “a pair of running shoes for the last few years” any more.

We need multiple pairs, and a racing pair, and they last far less as you say.

running shoes is a massive industry now compared to 5-10 years ago - the participation level is way up, which is great, and also it’s still a relatively cheap sport overall, certainly compared to cycling or others.

I was going to buy another pair of Tempus in advance of DCM but I see that the Tempus 2 is due out in August, so will wait and see what its like.

Advertisement