Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Ah now, don't be insinuating that sorta thing 🙄

Remember it's who you know not what you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭StoutPost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Did he appoint a lot of those while in office? It's payback time, call in the favours. It might galvanise silent Biden supporters to come out and vote, after all that old codger won't do too much harm.

I reckon the 6v3 decision by SCOTUS on the immunity issue and the dissenting opinion by the 3 will more than galvanise silent Biden supporters irrespective on what their thoughts were about the debate between him and Trump. IMO it's all eyes on the US until we see how this plays out. Biden came out strong in stating that the ruling was an assault on the US Constituent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/01/us/politics/supreme-court-liberals-presidential-immunity.html

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=president+bidens+speach+about+scotus+ruling#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a5eae632,vid:vtc_n4Tqr8k,st:0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭enricoh

A couple of lads are looking a few acres to rent for a festival if any of ye interested!

https://x.com/darrengrimes_/status/1807795462415466779

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

That auld lad could be a rapper. Some beat to him.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Checking cattle today, when the tails suddenly shot up in the air and they went for a gallop. Amazing how the knowledge is imprinted in their brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭148multi

Tell us more - how much did you have to hand over.

I presume the feckin clags/clegs.

It's been too cold here over the last few months with a North-East/West wind to see any. Having said that we have to head to the bog during the week to bring the turf home and I guarantee the feckers will be lying in wait for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭straight

Can't see how he has a hope of winning that case....

Very lucky not to scratching at hives this evening- several horseflys on the cattle in the yard for a dose. Never heard of them being called clegs

It's a regional thing - in Longford/Cavan they are called clags/clegs, in NCD they are horseflies. Whatever name you call them - they are hateful yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Antihistamine cream in the fridge, it's very effective easing the pain & itch of horsefly sting. .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

All the turf footed here now. Woo-fuppin-hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Nice explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Passing through Tullamore yesterday evening, some amounts of turf on the move. Seen anything from MF 35s to 241 Mercedes 4x4 pulling trailer loads of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

I hear a young mother was killed today at turf. Hit by a machine loading turf or similar.

• Advertisement

They'd be better off investigating the opposite, as in the prediction the gulf stream collapse and its freeze to death in baltic weather we will. The wind has been from the North for the past number of years, the prevailing SW wind is history.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/extreme-temperatures-becoming-more-common-in-ireland-study-shows-1644947.html

Ya, looking at Windy.com earlier. The wind is coming straight down from the Artic and passing between Greenland and Iceland on the way down. It then heads west in over the country. Crazy stuff.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

With the hurricanes just starting this season the South westerlies will be back.

That said in the ice ages. Glaciers and an ice sheet covered Ireland, the north of England, Scotland and towards Scandinavia while the rest of Europe was free of Glaciers and ice and having summer temperatures into the 20's. The weather conditions and ocean currents at the time kept Ireland to Scandinavia cool and cold whilst the rest of europe to the urals was warm. Ice ages were well over by Roman times yet they still called Ireland, Hibernia - land of winter.

From 6th IPCC report in 2021

We are still in an ice age, only most people in Ireland don't recognise it.

In 1816 they had frosts into July that year after mount tambora erupted the year before. There appears to be weather cycles within weather cycles.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I put on a winter jacket this morning - there’s a wind would cut you out there.

Some extinction rebellion account on Twitter this week told me colder weather is compatible with the world warming up. He/she might be right but the ease with which they turned the argument to back up their claims reminded me of some of mental gymnastics religious figures performed over the years to justify anything they did.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It was always the case, though it's easier peddle the tune of the world burning when we set new temp records monthly for over a year. Now though, June was colder than usual so we're heading for an ice age. The truth lies somewhere in between. We should most definitely be doing more to help things along (namely reduce fossil fuel use). I see some academic in the IFJ saying we need to cut beef and dairy by 30% and plant half a billion hectares of trees to get near "carbon neutral". If we wanted to keep milk levels as they are, bye bye sucklers and 32% of the country covered in trees. It's all bollox from the EPA. The headline yesterday was half a million people are at risk from public water supplies. That was the headline. Yet when you read the report, 99.7% of tested water complies with the standards laid out. When you hear the headline, you automatically think agriculture is the problem again as it's being beat into us daily. Yet the report doesn't lay the blame there at all, and says that our drinking water quality is very good or indeed excellent quality. But the headline implies something different.

By right we should be able to ignore these "reports" as just some head banger trying to make a name for themselves. However, these head bangers are running the asylum and are hell bent on screwing us all over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭green daries

It is a religion to these people and a good section are fanatics. And more are nut jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’m going to stick my neck out here and say that one thing you say about science is it’s not afraid to change its position when additional data becomes available, that’s what sets it apart from religion.
    initially yes the thinking was as simple as global warming, but in fairness in recent times they have altered that to climate change. It will warm for some, cool for some and become desperately unsettled for others, I think we’re seeing more and more unsettled weather breaking our traditional seasons into a sort of mish mash of continuous dampness interspersed with isolated short extremes of sun, rain and wind

the climate is changing ive no doubt about that and I’d be shocked if human activity hasn’t a part to play in that change.

Now, I think the proportion of human contribution is being hyjacked by people who use it as a mechanism to exert control. Control on what we eat, where our food comes from , what taxes we pay and in time where we can travel to. My bet is these people know we can’t slow/srop/reverse changing climate but it’s a useful tool to them to have a reason to scare people into conceding control.

So when you criticise science for saying “global warming” I think you’re only hearing this term from media and pretend science outlets. Actual climate science talks about “climate change” which from all evidence I see is a definite real issue facing us.

Like it or not areas of the earth are becoming uninhabitable, with the potential to displace billions of souls, where will these people go ?

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/reel/984995166346503

Advertisement