Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Rapporteur for action plan against racism announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Thank god Ebun Joseph exists to tell us how awful we are.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭Cordell

and yet she'd rather live among us than her own people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I'd find it difficult to take someone seriously when they resort to an ad hominem attack based on race rather rather the merits or facts of an issue, epecially when they had their facts wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭AyeGer

What exactly does this appointment entail? Special Rapporteur on Race.. it’s like something out of 1984. Is Ebun given any sort of powers or just paid to go around spouting whatever nonsense pops into her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Did Ebun protest against racism in Nigeria - any record of involvement from her at all????

Nigerians and Nigerian society is notorious in Africa for racism against non Nigerians.

Ask non Nigerian Africans about it - it is shockingly racist there.

There has been awful racist language and violence against non Nigerians, Asians, white people over many years.

Also - huge tensions between various tribes and religions in Nigeria - hardline Islam in the north, numerous Christian groups, and then we also have “native” Nigerian religions/cults. All at each other’s throats.

Often resulting in violent riots and fatalities.

Levels of ferocity far higher than anything experienced in this country.

Very very corrupt country also - from the bin man in the dump to the highest levels of politics.

Racism in Nigeria is FAR worse than Ireland or indeed much of the developed world.

A chaotic, lawless country in which racist views and racist violence flourishes - Shame on them for allowing this.

So much so, Ebun as a strong Nigerian woman with a loud voice, extremely demanding tone and academic credentials of some sort, would be FAR better utilised in her home country than trying to insult and create false narratives here in Ireland.

Ebun can be a role model and standard bearer to hold the many in Nigerian society who hold racist views to account.

Post edited by Beechwoodspark on

• Advertisement

I don't know, according to her we the whites are all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ebun is basically as stable as Gemma O'Doherty. Just hysterically rants about the opposite side of the coin.

The appointment could only be a paody.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Well, it's clear that only the Greens take her seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

THe fact that I haven't seen anybody here support this appointment speaks volumes about this appointment.

Besides one person trying to get a reaction like all threads they post in, I think its safe to say nobody can give a positive reason for this appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Who has actually appointed this woman to this position?
    What minister is directly responsible for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

The eastern europeans who get abuse here don't seem to think that.

https://x.com/RTE_PrimeTime/status/1781071692296581213

https://x.com/RTE_PrimeTime/status/1781024781464170802

• Registered Users Posts: 16,197 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If she did her job back home, she'd get her throat cut.

Here, a handful of people firing shîte at her on Twitter. No comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Iecrawfc

And presumably anyone who objects to this nonsense is part of the 'far right' according to RTE, Irish Times etc. I

• Registered Users Posts: 19,429 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Would anyone know why, when we have similar people who are originally natives of the same general area of the world who are telling us how racist and unfair we are, most of them appear to have arrived in Ireland, then appear to have gone for a long time with no record of working, followed by a period of education within the Irish system, followed by a high profile job.

Anyone know what kind of work visa or employment they might have been on that they were needed here for their contribution? It must have been well paid given it was able to sustain them here for over a decade, never mind covering all their educational fees and expenses.

I for one feel truly guilty that we were so mean and selfish towards those people. They were fundamentally entitled to so much more than we as a nation gifted them. I hope you all hand your heads in shame.

Give it a break, stop dividing us you racist. And stop pestering me. There is no ingrained racism in Ireland, not in the society and not at institutional level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭techdiver

In fairness that would actually have some use. At least get an insight into the goings on, so not even as bad as this appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Rustyman101

This exactly, I don't understand the lack of accountability of the politicians.

All this international obligations b***** that MM constantly spouted which has since been proven to be downright lies.

How he can look his kids and grandkids in the eye is beyond me.

Simple questions

Whats the plan ?

What's the expected outcome ?

All this bend the knee and white privilege, Ireland was never a colonial power, we were oppressed not the oppressor.

So I don't get how we owe an apology for being white and existing.

Appointments like this do more damage to an already precarious situation.

If people come into this country and don't like it they can always return from wence they came.

Unfortunately dont see too many doing this.

Soft touch paddy with unlimited pockets led by clowns.

We have no money for SNAs, scoliosis surgery, care of the elderly but can take in chancers from half the globe and shower them with goodies and wonder why they keep coming and setting up tent cities on our streets.

The mind boggles at the incompetence, do they all think they can run and hide to Brussels? Main protagonists will no doubt, but the drones will be left to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The only racist post I seen in this thread was aimed towards you by the poster calling everyone else a racist.

The lack of self awareness in some people is both fascinating and entertaining.

If she is concerned about racism in society, and wants to “campaign” against it -there’s an open goal waiting for her in her native Nigeria - she can go over and be a role model for literally millions of Nigerian girls and women.

Or has she turned her back on her own native people?

I hope it’s not some sort of bias on Ebun’s part?

Could it turn out that she is the most racist of all??

It seems to be Joe O’Brien (currently Minister of State at the Department of Rural and Community Development with special responsibility for Community Development and Charities)

He was front and centre with Ebun Joseph at the launch of this.

O’Brien is an ineffective and “out for himself” as they come.

Likes the perks and handy photo ops, doesn’t like answering questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

I think we all know what the SoJus playbook looks like and how Ebun Joseph plays the game…

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Another thing Ebun said on Six-One news was that victims of racism suffer health problems as a consequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭sekiro

It's hilarious.

The Irish taxpayer is paying a Nigerian woman to tell them how racist they all are.

Presumably the 99.6% think this is an excellent idea and a valid and necessary use of resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

For me it’s not JUST the person - even the ROLE right now is just so inappropriate.

We’re facing the worst housing crisis in decades- only this morning we can see how a number of Ukrainians are being uplifted from a village in Co Clare having been welcomed with open arms by the locals and their kids schooled locally, because accommodation over the summer is now in peak demand - these local people didn’t need a bloody special rappeteur or whatever you call it to tell them how to act with kindness.

The Irish people are by their nature a welcoming bunch - if people coming from abroad are good people, and present as good people and act like good people they won’t have difficulty with the vast majority of Irish people- but right now, unfortunately there are many challenges for all the people on this island and it’s mainly rooted in accommodation - let’s have a happy clappy green jester on anti racism when we sort out the 15000+ people who are currently homeless - right now I’d doubt very few give a sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭archfi

Yep, it's not even the woeful appointment that should be the focus of ire, it's the actual PLAN.

I really mean it when I say her appointment is meant to mask any probing of what the PLAN contains and how batsh1t it really is!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭susan678

This type of posting might wake some people up.

Hate speech laws being pushed on the native population and white children no matter how poor are told they are privileged.

At the same time a dirty racist cow who makes no secret of her hatred of Irish white people is appointed having gained her phoney PHD at the expense of the Irish tax payer.

And make no mistake I have no time for racists no matter what their skin colour or who they target for their hate.

Not going to be letting anybody tell my children they are privileged when their father and myself are working hard so they can have a decent education.

This toxic woman is a racist pure and simple and the state supports her.

We owe her something:

Like any other black race grifter he's both racist against the whites she chose to live with, and patronizing and victimizing black people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebun_Joseph

Probably gonna be edited out now but it's still quite funny because it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭cal naughton

I agree he put the initial pushback against the accommodation of migrants down to "Bad Vibes".

A country Mr O'Brien cannot be run on vibes!

Advertisement