Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT passed - But should I complain on an Advisory

• 04-07-2024 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

My car "passed" the NCT at the weekend.

But it has an advisory that there is a malfunction with the ECU / ABS system. This is not true. I have vehicle diagnostic equipment and I can interface with all the vehicles control units, including the ABS system and there isn't any faults in the car. I tested this myself before and after the NCT. There isn't any warning lights on the dash

Here is the thing, most insurance companies wont cover a vehicle unless it has a valid NCT, even if it is roadworthy.( ie log book not presented at time of test, county name in Irish missing from reg plate, etc.)

Here is my concern. I now have a valid NCT, yet the report states that the ABS/ECU, a critical safety system, is malfunctioning. I am presuming the NCT computer is not compatible with my vehicle for what ever reason at the time of the test, passed ok a year ago. What if I have a need to make an insurance claim and the insurance company request the NCT report as a statement of roadworthiness. Can they walk away from a claim unless I have an engineers report / mechanics report to supersede the advisory reported on the NCT report?

Comments

Advertisement