Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black flakes on clothes coming out of washing machine

Options
  • 07-06-2024 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

After the last few washes, the clothes have been coming out of my washing machine with black flakes stuck to them. The flakes shake off the clothes, even when wet and don't leave any black marks.

So far I have ran a few 60° cycles, one with Soda Crystals, one with a Dettol Washing machine cleaner and one with Calgon. I've also ran vinegar through a cycle a few times. Each time, it loosens more flakes, but doesn't get rid of them. I have cleaned every accessible part of the machine - all around the seal, the drawer, the filter, drained it from the drain at the front, but there are still flakes appearing. I think it's also making the water murky as some of my white clothes are looking more cream coloured.

Any ideas what else I can try? It's a Bosch machine, 10 years old but hasn't had heavy use, only used once or twice most weeks. I've never used tablets in it, but would always use either powder or liquid.

Comments

Advertisement