Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have a Firestick. May give this a spin to see how it plays. The sharing of Xbox accounts is about to explode me thinks, as most people I know have a Firestick these days for totally legit legal streaming purposes. Get the nephew to buy one and use that so I can get my Series X back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

McGregor is going to be a Hitman target.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well i certainly didn't have that in my bingo card 😂 also pay free from June 27th to July 29th? Must be a typo. Anyway, good strategy, a lot of people will want to play it just to take him out in as many ways as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The beta for space marine 2 is cancelled, released still stated for September.

Not a great sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would love a release of the PC versions of 1 and 2. Remake would be great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Finally, filling in all those Capcom surveys has paid off…

Unless it's just Dino Crisis flavoured DLC for Exoprimal, in which case I will riot.

Edit: Oh, it's just telling us that today is the anniversary of the OG's release. 😒

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You’d hope they’d do something with it soon given they’re nearly out of worthwhile Resident Evil games to remake.

Even rename it Resident Evil: Episode Dinosaur if it helps the business case, as it wouldn’t be entirely inaccurate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We still have Resi gaiden and dead aim.

Actually wouldn't mind a dead aim remake as it's canon to the original games and actually really good fun.

But I guess we will probably see the outbreak games first. Man we got screwed in Europe with the outbreak games.

• Advertisement

People saying there's no new games but are crying out for remake after remake in the hope it'll capture some of the enjoyment you got from it 20 years ago… can we have some new games please?! Wasn't even that good back then…

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can we ban Monke now please. Dino Crisis is a brilliant game.

Get out of here, Dino Crisis was class.

I think people just want a classic survival horror game and there hasn't really been a great one since maybe resident evil on the GameCube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭McFly85

A Dino Crisis remake would be fantastic. Played the original not so long ago and it’s still drips with tension, not knowing what is around the corner waiting for you.

Combat was pretty poor though. A remake with over the shoulder gameplay would be day 1 for me.

I think they recently did a ‘what should we remake next poll’ and Dino Crisis was the clear winner so here’s hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A trip to solitary confinement will do him no harm. Yes, I am watching Prisoner: Cell Block H.

'99 was an excellent year for gaming. Dino Crisis was not part of it for me. Just didn't do it for me at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Never played Dino Crisis but let's face it; if they were going to be remaking it, the original wouldn't matter too much. It'd likely be more of a Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remake. Give the RE Engine and Capcom's general quality with games like this, I'd be very excited to try it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also: who the heck is complaining there’s not enough new games? There’s been enough interesting new games in the first half of this year to keep me occupied well into 2026 if I so wished!

Did you play Dino Crisis 2? It's worth giving a go as it's a massive departure from the survival horror roots of the original and more like a modern character action game.. It's a lot of fun and feels more like the evolutionary link between survival horror and devil may cry.

Nah. Pretty sure I gave the first a go, realised it wasn't for me and just didn't bother with the series after that. And looking at it now, I don't have the retro eyes to… appreciate the graphics now. If they do a remake I'll pick it up if it releases physical or wait for sub inclusion otherwise. I'd be in no rush to try it tbh. If I want a remake of any game from '99, it's Soul Reaver, and god knows what Crystal Dynamics are doing with it but I'm more worried that Embracer will just shut it all down for no reason.

• Advertisement

I don't know what to expect from embraced. There was the absolute cluster **** over the KotOR remaster and then you have the tomb raider remasters. which is one of the all time great remasters.

I think soul reaver needs a remake rather than a remaster. Time hasn't been kind to the game with the cuts to the game being very obvious and there's just way too many terrible block pushing puzzles that everyone seems to forget with the rose tinted glasses on.

Anyway I mentioned Dino Crisis 2 because while the first game is a derivative resident evil clone (but a really great one), DC2 is a really weird game and there's nothing really like it. Maybe onimusha now that I think about it.

And as is the way of the world, there is some Legacy of Kain news. Legacy of Kain: The Dead Shall Rise is a prequel trilogy based on the origins of Kain. Here's the catch; tis a yet to be written, crowdfunding approach of books... pah!

Man, legacy of Kain was such a cool game. I remember as a youngfella playing it and thought whoa, this is a fairly mature game 😁

Edit: meant to say i was talking about Blood Omen.

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

Played it earlier this year. Yeah, a lot of the puzzles are repetitive and just involve shifting blocks around, but such a great game. Have the sequel downloaded on Steamdeck but haven't started cracking into it yet. Must carve out some time to lash into it. I'd played SR1 before but never got the SR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

After loving blood omen I was so pumped for legacy of Kane but just couldn't get into it. Absolutely no idea why I should probably give it another try.

Ys: the oath in felghana is getting an updated remaster for modern consoles, although it doesn't look too much different from the PC version that is already available:

I played through it recently on PC and can safely say it might be the greatest action rpg of all time. It's really good.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

LOL well that's one way of announcing they messed up.

Love it! Can't believe the removed some of the cursing! Have it in my wishlist, happy I didn't take the plunge before now. Will pick it up at some point. Original was a fun non-serious popcorn game that I thoroughly enjoyed so playing it in VR should be fun!

Horizon Zero Dawn TV show potentially scrapped after accusations of toxic workplace by showrunner (on a different show).

From what I remember the show was going to be more about the war against the machines in 2074 or whatever, which seemed to be a ridiculous use of the source material anyway.

• Advertisement

Can't people in tv, film, music, politics, etc. etc. just be normal **** people for a change??

Advertisement