Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The poor fuckers in the school behind me that presumably have two working parents and are in summer camp already. The TA is that the one I call Owl Boy is among them. He spends his entire time in the yard just constantly going "Whooooooooooooooo!" It's incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Charlo30

it might be the July Provision for kids with special needs

Well if it is, a lot of them go to that school anyway, cause I recognise a lot of the voices and a few names.

If you recognise some voices and names it would suggest that its July Provision. As classes with Special Needs children then to be much smaller. It would also explain why one of kids also makes a regular owl noise

Or it's the fact that the whole school spent pretty much the entire month of June in the yard - I've posted about it before - and I got to know a lot of the voices and names because I'm not working at the moment and have been hearing them a *lot *.

Not really sure why you're feeling to the need to go against my TA, tbh. Some kids are just noisy.

That's a fair point. Not the thread to debate TA's. Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Beating yourself up because you are not getting stuff done on your day off work.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You've reminded me…I was in Dublin city centre on Saturday night. It's been a (long) while since I was in the city late on a Saturday and I'd forgotten what it can be like. Waiting for a bus at 1.15am on Dawson Street and some lad across the road was sitting on some steps howling like a dog. Repeatedly. Then some fecker on our side of the street started howling back. The bus couldn't come fast enough, lol.

Related TA, having to stand on the bus home because it was jammed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm at McDonald's just off the Motorway.

Loads of young people around late teens/early twenties.

I'm nearly 32.

I feel so old and difficult compared to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA, I have a 2,500 word essay due on Friday and I’m looking at Boards. Will have to pull a few all nighters again …

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Had 1 coffee yesterday and had a short restless sleep last night. One day my brain will make the connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Generation baiting articles; Boomer this and Gen Z that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.a. those greasy head marks people leave on bus windows. Great! now I can't see out the window properly, which is one of the only escapes from having to use the bus service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people can't accept you don't like/enjoy something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭wildwillow

When people won’t clean kitchen appliances after use. I admit I am fairly neurotic about cleaning after each use as it’s so much easier than trying to deal with burnt in grime.
    Not judgemental but I cannot believe the state of some ovens I’ve encountered and have had to clean. A cup of hot water in the base while it cools and then a quick wipe saves time and effort later.

Gave my air fryer to a neighbour whose oven was broken. It’s returned a week later with much thanks but not cleaned. I spent the afternoon returning it to spotless and glad it was only a week’s worth of cooking grime.

Must get a life!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Litter bugs. Ugh.

• Advertisement

Got in an argument once about Barbie.

I had no real interest in going out of my way to see it at the cinema and I was nearly straight out accused of being a "toxic male" because I couldn't care less about watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Having same problem when I stay in deceased parents bungalow in Co Sligo. The fellas convene outside the bungalow in their cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm still in hospital, having gone private for the first time, so I have my own telly. This morning, as the person came to take my bloods, I shifted on the bed and accidentally turned on cartoons on TG4. I didn't know where exactly the remote control was so I couldn't change it, so I probably looked like a right goon watching cartoons as Gaeilge first thing in the morning. 😳😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Connections NYT . Very annoying when I don’t get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The microwave died yes, just in time as there was a load going to the recycling yard. Luckily there was an ancient one hanging around and I set this one up.

This am a lot of complaining about how it's a grill oven, NOT a microwave and how the button had to be pushed 10 times to heat breakfast. The mv for recycling was simpler to use granted. Knowing this would happen I went out after work and d/l the instructions and marked the relevant pages.

Just now more whining about how they can't use it, I pointed out the instructions and asked if they read it where i marked it?. Blank look and puzzled tone, read instructions?

TA I should have known that there was a -0000.00% they would read instructions and I'll be dragged out to buy a new overpriced for what it is mw when going to the shops is the last thing I want to do.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

"I'm not racist/sexist/otherwise bigoted, but..." posters 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭drury..

Dunno why anyone would give an air fryer to a neighbour

It's hardly an emergency

She has three children and two adults to cater for and it made life a bit easier for a few days. Why wouldn’t I give it. It wasn’t abused, just not cleaned properly. I made the offer so my problem. Was using it as an example of not cleaning appliances after each use, not shaming her.
    Anyway was rewarded with a little tray of fairy cakes from the new oven, baked by her daughter.

Well expect to be continuously TA if that's your policy in life

Mod note - we do not attack the poster, I'll give you benefit of doubt from being a relatively new poster so no warning this time

Grem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭xyz13

Native English speakers using their instead of they are and variations of the same mistake.

Bien faire et laisser dire...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I use Instagram occasionally. Obviously I agree to the terms of signing up so they can do what they choose but all these random posts I see from accounts I "follow" when I have no interest nor would I have followed these in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Archeron

I didnt know you had dandruff

I DONT!!

Why in the name of merciful God is that going round and round in my brain :(

The SPAR 365 Standards Customer Care Programme

Run by the owners of spar and seemingly nearly every shop wins an award, going by the numbers

How is this even news

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At the risk of repeating myself, why is almost everything "Product of the year"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Archeron

Or the official mayonnaise of the euro 2024.

Do they really need that much mayo it warrants a sponsor?

I have been handling very hot chili and just been to the toilet - do I need to paint a picture :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the big winter puffer jacket with shorts combo that some young fellas including my annoying melt of a neighbour and his mate are wearing this summer…

We are in July …If it’s warm enough for shorts, why are you wearing a winter jacket with them…? Or if it’s cool enough for a padded winter jacket, why the fúck are you wearing shorts with it, ?my TA, people being attention seeking doses ….🤷🏻.

^^^
    Speaking of advertising , please god ditch those annoying ‘we buy any car’ ads with people dancing . Just stop

Our local strawberry grower has had to discontinue their honesty box as they were losing so much money. Despite cameras people were underpaying. Putting in low value coins or paying for one punnet and taking several. Opening hours are now curtailed and an employee is supervising the transactions.
    It is such a privilege to get super fresh fruit from a fridge, located where one can see the fruit growing, at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement

The piss poor level of written English here was pointed out by a Polish friend of mine.

The There/Their/They're rules aren't that hard. Grown adults who have somehow got through to third level and degrees etc and still write this way.

Ta'ed for that grower and the people who responded to the honesty box appropriately. Also, the fact this behaviour backs up my already well entrenched negative view of ppl,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Lots of lads wear the same outfits in the depth of winter

The types* who the sleeveless roll-neck tops with boots! are you hot or cold, make up your mind?

*Excluding ppl of a certain age who have their personal climates to deal with.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The neighbours have got a new puppy. The squeaky barks and yelps out of him when he's out in the back garden would drive you demented (yes he's cute and he'll grow out of it, it's only a TA)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

hospital appointment for 8.45. I arrive at the department at 8.30. 9.30 I’m still sat there, waiting.

3 secretaries behind the desks having mighty craic with one another. But none of the 3 could be bothered taking 60 seconds to remove their arses from their chairs and approach the waiting area … “ sorry, the doctors got delayed on their rounds / at meetings , won’t be much longer “ or whatever the cause was that delayed them…. That you can’t expect simple professional courtesy in a professional setting is the TA….nope just sit and wait, listen to the giggle squad and we’ll get around to you… 🤷🏻

Spotted an inappropriately dressed man on a bike just outside a village a few k from a population center. He was struggling to cycle as he had two black bin bags and various other large bags filled with what seemed to be bottled and tins.

Met him again at the bottle recycle center,tucked away in the corner to avoid being in the way of the other three recycle machines. Karen on her phone giving out that he had so many bottles to recycle and was in her way!

So many A's on this, the ta is that she was needlessly drawing attention to a man just being inventive and making a few quid for himself!!!!!

Somebody has been bouncing a ball outside on the street . TA is the bouncing was like a metronome that’s given my a headache .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,835 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I voted here in the UK today. I used my Irish passport card which is permitted by the Electoral Commission but nobody outside Ireland recognises. Took some doing but yeah…. I have the same problem with Ryanair and EasyJet staff.

I paid for it so I'm using it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

I had to go home and get my , out of date , passport to vote . Strange as I’m pretty sure I voted before without picture ID

Advertisement