Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Having same problem when I stay in deceased parents bungalow in Co Sligo. The fellas convene outside the bungalow in their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm still in hospital, having gone private for the first time, so I have my own telly. This morning, as the person came to take my bloods, I shifted on the bed and accidentally turned on cartoons on TG4. I didn't know where exactly the remote control was so I couldn't change it, so I probably looked like a right goon watching cartoons as Gaeilge first thing in the morning. 😳😕

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Connections NYT . Very annoying when I don’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The microwave died yes, just in time as there was a load going to the recycling yard. Luckily there was an ancient one hanging around and I set this one up.

This am a lot of complaining about how it's a grill oven, NOT a microwave and how the button had to be pushed 10 times to heat breakfast. The mv for recycling was simpler to use granted. Knowing this would happen I went out after work and d/l the instructions and marked the relevant pages.

Just now more whining about how they can't use it, I pointed out the instructions and asked if they read it where i marked it?. Blank look and puzzled tone, read instructions?

TA I should have known that there was a -0000.00% they would read instructions and I'll be dragged out to buy a new overpriced for what it is mw when going to the shops is the last thing I want to do.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

"I'm not racist/sexist/otherwise bigoted, but..." posters 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭drury..

Dunno why anyone would give an air fryer to a neighbour

It's hardly an emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭wildwillow

She has three children and two adults to cater for and it made life a bit easier for a few days. Why wouldn’t I give it. It wasn’t abused, just not cleaned properly. I made the offer so my problem. Was using it as an example of not cleaning appliances after each use, not shaming her.
    Anyway was rewarded with a little tray of fairy cakes from the new oven, baked by her daughter.

Well expect to be continuously TA if that's your policy in life

Mod note - we do not attack the poster, I'll give you benefit of doubt from being a relatively new poster so no warning this time

Grem

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭xyz13

Native English speakers using their instead of they are and variations of the same mistake.

3 sides to every story...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I use Instagram occasionally. Obviously I agree to the terms of signing up so they can do what they choose but all these random posts I see from accounts I "follow" when I have no interest nor would I have followed these in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

I didnt know you had dandruff

I DONT!!

Why in the name of merciful God is that going round and round in my brain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

The SPAR 365 Standards Customer Care Programme

Run by the owners of spar and seemingly nearly every shop wins an award, going by the numbers

How is this even news

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At the risk of repeating myself, why is almost everything "Product of the year"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Or the official mayonnaise of the euro 2024.

Do they really need that much mayo it warrants a sponsor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I have been handling very hot chili and just been to the toilet - do I need to paint a picture :-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the big winter puffer jacket with shorts combo that some young fellas including my annoying melt of a neighbour and his mate are wearing this summer…

We are in July …If it’s warm enough for shorts, why are you wearing a winter jacket with them…? Or if it’s cool enough for a padded winter jacket, why the fúck are you wearing shorts with it, ?my TA, people being attention seeking doses ….🤷🏻.

^^^
    Speaking of advertising , please god ditch those annoying ‘we buy any car’ ads with people dancing . Just stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Our local strawberry grower has had to discontinue their honesty box as they were losing so much money. Despite cameras people were underpaying. Putting in low value coins or paying for one punnet and taking several. Opening hours are now curtailed and an employee is supervising the transactions.
    It is such a privilege to get super fresh fruit from a fridge, located where one can see the fruit growing, at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The piss poor level of written English here was pointed out by a Polish friend of mine.

The There/Their/They're rules aren't that hard. Grown adults who have somehow got through to third level and degrees etc and still write this way.

Ta'ed for that grower and the people who responded to the honesty box appropriately. Also, the fact this behaviour backs up my already well entrenched negative view of ppl,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Lots of lads wear the same outfits in the depth of winter

The types* who the sleeveless roll-neck tops with boots! are you hot or cold, make up your mind?

*Excluding ppl of a certain age who have their personal climates to deal with.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The neighbours have got a new puppy. The squeaky barks and yelps out of him when he's out in the back garden would drive you demented (yes he's cute and he'll grow out of it, it's only a TA)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

hospital appointment for 8.45. I arrive at the department at 8.30. 9.30 I’m still sat there, waiting.

3 secretaries behind the desks having mighty craic with one another. But none of the 3 could be bothered taking 60 seconds to remove their arses from their chairs and approach the waiting area … “ sorry, the doctors got delayed on their rounds / at meetings , won’t be much longer “ or whatever the cause was that delayed them…. That you can’t expect simple professional courtesy in a professional setting is the TA….nope just sit and wait, listen to the giggle squad and we’ll get around to you… 🤷🏻

Spotted an inappropriately dressed man on a bike just outside a village a few k from a population center. He was struggling to cycle as he had two black bin bags and various other large bags filled with what seemed to be bottled and tins.

Met him again at the bottle recycle center,tucked away in the corner to avoid being in the way of the other three recycle machines. Karen on her phone giving out that he had so many bottles to recycle and was in her way!

So many A's on this, the ta is that she was needlessly drawing attention to a man just being inventive and making a few quid for himself!!!!!

Somebody has been bouncing a ball outside on the street . TA is the bouncing was like a metronome that’s given my a headache .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I voted here in the UK today. I used my Irish passport card which is permitted by the Electoral Commission but nobody outside Ireland recognises. Took some doing but yeah…. I have the same problem with Ryanair and EasyJet staff.

I paid for it so I'm using it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

I had to go home and get my , out of date , passport to vote . Strange as I’m pretty sure I voted before without picture ID

Advertisement