Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomond Park as concert venue

Options
  • 04-07-2024 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Going to Thomand next week for the first time, what's it like as a concert venue? How's the sound?

I have a pitch standing (green route) ticket. Hotel 20ish minute walk so that part is grand.

Is it relatively easy to be towards the front? Not on the rail but a few rows back.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mgkelly

The only gig I've been to there was Bob Dylan, way back years ago, supported by ole wobbly head (David Gray) & Seasick Steve. Found it handy enough to get to & get around. I'd imagine getting near the front is more a function of how early one gets there, but should be very do-able.

As to the quality of sound, I can't really remember, but seem to not recollect any problems. But then, I'm not an expert on these things, & would take a lot to see me complain about sound quality!

Enjoy - what's on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Yeah Sound in thomond isn't too bad. Certainly is grand compared to most other stadium gigs I've worked be it aviva. PuC. I'm working there next week for some of the gigs.

All Depends on crowd, act you're going to about getting to front. Tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rainagain

Going to Pillow Queens and Snow Patrol - then Saturday after Pillow Queens in Iveagh Gardens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Ah, good. That'll be enjoyable. I've seen both of them, both early in their careers. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Pillow Queens should go down well with the locals, both in Mayorstone and Ballynanty 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Could thread title be fixed to say thomond.

Wlanyone know how ticket sales are going for these gigs?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just done that

Anything like that, if you report/flag the OP a mod should get to it (and even if they don't know around enough to.pick it up)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Liam Gallagher directly clashing on Sunday with England in the Euro Final!!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Been told snow patrol was close to sell out but there are a few hundred on resale now and a few more standing made available after production was finalised, Liam on the Sunday could be a shitshow, england in the final and definitely the poorest seller of the 3 shows, all down to his 3 nights in Dublin only 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭rodders999

Always thought Thomond was a strange one for Liam. Only stadium gig of the tour, fresh off the Dublin leg last month and he’ll also be in Belfast in August.

Just seemed like a massive stretch to fill a stadium in amongst all that.

I’m going anyway, anyone recommend a few decent pubs for during the day in the build up to the gig? Somewhere playing decent tunes to get the atmosphere building ideally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Mickey Martins, Nancy Blakes, Jerry Flannerys will probably all be lively enough, The Curragower is quite close to Thomond and does good food, would probably have to book it, JJ Bowles is a good spot for a pint and is only a 5 minute walk from the stadium as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Liam confirms he's taking Sundays gig professionally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

looks like there is no golden circle at it even though those tickets were sold. People might need to ask for refund of difference

There is a gold circle area shown on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Any stage times up for tonight yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

and Belfast. Sure has there been a year (apart from covid) in last decade that Liam Hasn’t played multiple shows a year in ireland.
    oversaturation even with a classic album tour

Liam Gallagher stage times:

Doors: 17:00

Esmeralda Road: 18:45

Mary Wallopers: 19:45

Liam Gallagher: 20:45

• Registered Users Posts: 45,487 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Good bargains to be had for Liam Gallagher tickets.

I saw standing tickets for resale for €30+fees a half hour ago

Doors 17:00
    Pillow Queens 18:45
    Kingfisher 19:45
    Snow Patrol 21:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jazz_jazz

On the Thomond Park instagram stories you can see a golden circle there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jazz_jazz

On the Thomond Park instagram stories you can see a golden circle there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Snow Patrol was fantastic. I'd say golden circle was near full, and both stands looked full too. Couldn't tell about general standing. I missed Pillow Queens, but got to see most of the Kingfisher set - another great act.

I would say the support acts seemed to start 10 or 15 minutes earlier than what Ticketmaster said - maybe the same might happen for the next 2 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Pillow queens seemed to start about right on time. They were fantastic. Did they say they'd be back in Limerick in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ArdLix11

From pictures I saw of Snow Patrol Golden Circle looked to be very full and cover a wide area. Across the width of the pitch and back a nice bit. Have golden circle for LG tomorrow night. Don't know if it'll be much of an advantage now after paying extra. Was anyone in the golden circle last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I was in golden circle last night. As you said, its the full width of the pitch, and does go back a bit. It was about the same as golden circle in the RDS when I was there last. If you want to be at the very front, you'll have to be in there early, but that's to be expected.

You'll be closest to the drinks and toilets in golden circle - admittedly not massively closer - but it is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

Was there myself. Great gig. I missed Pillow Queens but my friend said they weren't great (a lot of screeching and couldnt make out the lyrics) Kingfisher were good and SP were excellent. They never changed and sounded as good as ever. Gary was pretty funny too and seemed to be enjoying himself like always.

Does anyone know what the Gold circle was like for Snow Patrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭chicorytip

• Advertisement

I

I thought it was great, I went in just as Pillow Queens were starting. Was about three rows from the front, sound was better with my ear plugs in - could hear vocals then. Kingfishr were enjoyable, first time seeing them.

Snow Patrol in great form, took out ear plugs but it was better with them in, could hear Nathan's guitar way better than without. Crowd (thankfully) weren't chatting too much and were quiet for the new songs, which I liked. Not too packed either. I didn't bother getting a drink, just stayed at the front and chatted to a few people beside me. Usual shuffle to exit but no hassle.

Advertisement