Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭YellowLead

And that’s fine for her, I wouldn’t do that. I do like a nice dresser but it’s not a deal breaker. I’ve dated people who didn’t dress great because they had other qualities. A good dresser just gets bonus admiration. In the same way a guy might like luscious long shiny hair but wouldn’t reject somebody due to shorter frizzier hair if they were a good match….

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

what apps are people using these days ? been off em a while and might give em a go again

any new ones that work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

were you Singing ''He ho He ho its off to work i go ''😛😛😂

Perhaps a bit of hi ho even 😃

Anyone that Still uses the Apps notice they seem to be overcome with Fakes lately, there seem to be more fakes on it than real/genuine people on them.

• Advertisement

A male friend said that to me about tinder last week. Are they all like that now?

From what I can see ya, you notice same ones on different apps all Fake.Fake.Be tired of swiping to get someone real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭XsApollo

be careful out there Lads,

Been told this by a lady friend.

There are anonymous groups pages now on Facebook, even by area, such as limerick , Clare , Galway. Then the south , then Dublin.
    putting pictures of profiles up saying they have been talking to this guy anybody know him? Then others give a review or say they are dating him also.

Or others even say they know him and is married.

Basically the group is to get info on people they are talking to , negative and positive.

Be warned.

can this lady friend of yours find out find out if any of us are on it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Luna84

Must try that? Mind you I had to google JBW but I knew the south east asia part.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Im starting to think I'll give one of those artificial ones a chance at this stage lol 😆

I realised something strange and no offence it's completely irrational but I'm terrified of Scottish men!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

😨...😆😂🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

How's everyone?! Coming up to a year with the fella and I'm currently working on a little memory scrapbook. I've put in copies of some of our first messages, plane tickets, receipts like from first date drinks (just something to have the pub name on it!), photos, and little notes making a timeline with everything. I swear I'm 37 not 17, but this is just my vibe :) I won't see him on the exact date but we're doing dinner the week after so that'll be nice. I just want something to send beforehand as a wee surprise. Did flowers before and wanted to do something more personal for this.

Oh wow that time flew by!!!

There may be some incompatibilities appearing for me…just needs to be chatted through but he’s away at the moment.

Did flowers before and wanted to do something more personal for this.

WHAT? He got you flowers. My personal opinion on stuff like that is it's a waste of time. Wasting unnecessary money on crap. I would never do that ever unless it was valentines day and even then that is a long shot if I'd actually get them for her.

well you’re a real romantic!
    Tbh flowers outside of Valentine’s Day mean more, Valentine’s Day flowers are generally just for the sake of it.

Yea it would be in my head I'd better get flowers for valentines day in the days running up to it and then on the day I'd say, ah f**k it I won't bother.

I never bought flowers for a girlfriend except once on holidays this fella came into the bar selling roses so I just bought one off him when he came up and asked me if I wanted to buy them. I'm 40 and bought a single rose once in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Alexus25

Last time I checked Hinge is where it's happening

• Advertisement

You're confused. I said I got him flowers before (recently for something else) so I want to do something more personal for this. I'm not sure what money you think I'm wasting with my scrapbook….

Exactly. The time I got him flowers was just to celebrate an accomplishment when I wasn't there in person, wasn't a specific occasion.

Also everyone is confusing the situation. I was saying that "I" want to get him something different and more personal for this occasion. It's nothing to do with whatever he does or doesn't get me. I like getting/making gifts for people, it's just my thing.

I know…!

Ah I hope you can work it out. How long is it going now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Honestly time gathers speed at a frightening rate lately. I could do with it just chilling out please for a bit.

Ah I hope it's something you can work through or at least compromise on/live with.

Just over 3 months now. Thanks - uncertain at this stage but could go either way :)

Yes! Feels more like it should be early June not early July.

There have been quite a few very small things that was just compromise over and that is fine - he’s an early bird and im a night owl, political differences, texting differences, etc. But he previously made some comments about me (via text) and when I asked about it he just apologised and we moved on. It happened again yesterday and this time it can’t be just brushed off because this can’t keep happening. It’s related to lifestyle choices (basically what I spend money on). So it just needs to be talked through - he’s away currently. Might be easily solved - it just depends on how serious he is in his opinion or if it’s just a miss communication. We shall see :)

Oh snap on the sleep, me and my fella have the early bird/night owl difference too and my god does his 6am alarm drive me nuts. I find it so hard to get back to sleep! Even if he puts it under his pillow on low, I usually wake up when he gets up anyway. But I got ear plugs recently actually which help.😂

I wouldn't be happy with someone talking about what I spend money on. I dated someone who did that before and I pulled him on on it after it happened a few times. Things like "jokingly" talking about me shopping in SV cause I'm "too boujee" for Aldi. Or like buying clothes from brands I like that he deemed too expensive. It's a passive aggressive thing when it's not really said directly and brushed off, and I didn't like it at all. This was the same dude who I had to loan money to a few times.. so like, he didn't have a leg to stand on with those comments!

I don't get it with your fella though, in his line of work it's not like he's broke.

Are the political differences big? We're both fairly moderate, but had a wee political argument a few weeks ago actually where I just made a small comment and he lost his sh1t because he disagreed and sent me like a big essay about it. Whereas I couldn't give 2 sh1ts about small differences of opinion and would have been happy to let it go. We rarely argue so I had to nip it in the bud right away and I was just like "let's drop this, it's not going anywhere productive" and that I wasn't going to engage until he calmed his ass down (in a nicer way!). Although I had to say that like 3 times for it to sink in. Then we let it go and hasn't been a thing since. There's a reason they say to keep politics and religion out of it I think.

The political differences are fine - though I think part of it spills into the money argument.

He earns slightly more than me but I have more disposable income because he has an ex wife he gives a fair whack of wedge to each month.

Im not convinced it can be salvaged but it’s worth giving him a chance this far in rather than just pushing the eject button. I don’t like it anyway - if it was joint money fair enough, but it’s nobody else’s business what I do with mine. I could understand if I was in debt or not able to save every month - but I do save every month. And also I get value for money. For example in going away for a week in August and my accommodation for the week is one third of the amount he is spending on his for the same amount of time (I do go away more often I’ll admit which was pointed out - but I get value for money when I do). I like spending money on holidays and food as I work hard but having said that it’s deffo not over the top.
    It could be a lack of understanding on his part, so I’ll give him a chance - but my gut is that he has a chip on his shoulder and resents me having more disposable. Which is why I don’t usually date guys that earn less but in this case it’s not earning less it’s less disposable. I am happy to go to cheap places to eat and I love staying in and making dinner - but I won’t be shamed for not buying own brand groceries all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement