Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very.ie TCL TVs on Offer

Options
  • 04-07-2024 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

https://www.very.ie/electricals/televisions/e/b/4740/q/TCL.end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Well, a better place to buy them than the other outfit which splashes expensive ads on the Sindo and other Sunday newspaper front pages.

Apparently a better choice than the vestel telly brands.

EDIT Noticed there's no 40 inch or 43 inch offering. A Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭antomack

That list seems to have filtered out the smaller tvs, 2 x 32, 2 x40 and 1 x 43 available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

have a TCL android myself and can’t recommend them. Software is buggy and frequently freezes. Have to use a chromecast with it defeating the purpose of android os. Picture/sound is ok for the money but nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Have 2 TCL's, both have Google TV, the 50C805k in particular I'm quite impressed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

65c805k is good value but if you can afford OLED go with OLED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭flyer_query

Seeing as you posted a non value add post let me reply with another one.

Would the other place you are referring to have a very large bricks and mortar footprint in Ireland along with distribution and repair centers, and along side a very sizeable customer facing workforce in its stores also have a very large number of employees based in this country in back end roles such as marketing, ordering, fulfillment, planning, customer service, HR, finance etc etc. So between employing 2k workers they also contribute to the economy in the form of rent, council rates, spin off jobs etc etc.

Sorry to play the patriot card but for the sake of a few euros I will always support Irish jobs (even if foreign owned) especially if it someway ensures the survival of B&M stores especially over the likes of very who don't even have a distribution center in Ireland and only a handful of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭batistuta9

everything from 65 up are good prices for the size but haven't check are any of them actually any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

From my experience using TVs running Google TV - The budget offerings from brands are very slow and buggy but the more expensive models run it extremely well. That was my experience setting up cheap and expensive models from TCL and Sony over the past few years.

In my opinion the best option for a TV is always going to be just focusing on sound/image quality and overall build quality. Use an external device, preferably an Nvidia Shield, to run the software. I'm still using an LG E7 OLED I got during a cashback offer in November 2017 with an Nvidia Shield I bought in January 2017. 7 years later there isn't much better available to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭gussieg

dual core processor for the 55inch QLED what have you. Eh urh. Computer says no.
    But thanks for posting very good of you to take the time .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Did my research a number of years ago when looking for a new TV. Pay a bit more and get a decent brand name - these cheap ones lose the picture quality and the screens darken quite quickly compared to some of the other ones. My father in law has a TCL - maybe 4 or 5 years old. Lots of dark patches.

TVs to a certain extent are you get what you paid for. Based on the prices above, I wouldnt really consider this a deal. It'd have to be much, much cheaper than that to get me to buy an off brand like TCL. Not worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement