Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Prcm

Did you have to submit your id again? I only submitted id and certs before the interview when they asked for it. Am I supposed to send something else in the meanwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Murphy2024

yeah in the email they sent on July 1st about the vetting it asked for you to send your ID again to Garda HR to verify your date of birth. I did that the same day and received an email the next day July 2nd thanking me for sending it then July 3rd I got another email informing me of my PCT next Friday. I’m batch 2 as well if anyone is confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 scoobert01

Yea so I got a date there too. I initially sent an email separately to GardaHR with my photo ID and I wasn't getting any word back. I then sent another email replying to the original email that asked for photo ID and I got an email back with a date for the 13th of July less than an hour later. I guess if you want to hold off to prepare more you could delay sending photo ID but I'm pretty happy to go as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Prcm

Ok, I didn't get that email... Who do you think I should contact about this? Maybe they got my email wrong?

Thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12 km26

Hey, just saw that you got an email back thanking you for sending your ID. I didn’t get that email back but I got a date for my fitness. Do you think I should email them and just clarify that they received it?

• Advertisement

I don’t think you would need to. Think they just happened to send me an email back. If you got your pct date then I would think everything is fine and they received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sara1999

anyone who’s done the medical how strict are they on eyesight ? , not sure if I would pass that part or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

I don’t think you need 20/20 to pass. I’d say good enough to drive legally without glasses (that’s a guess). I know when I got my license a few years ago my eyesight was just about good enough to not require glasses while driving.

Squint and try hard to read the letters. Make the effort.

They give you the option of getting laser eye surgery I think if your eyesight is inadequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Louise2024

Yes you’re correct they do! I wear glasses for long distance, ok for driving though. If I fail the eyesight test I will get the laser eye surgery, crazy money though 🫠

How is everyone prepping for bleep test? Dreading this the most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Red devil 77

I would say the best way to prep is to do one every day or else 5 a week on top of slow long distance running to build your aerobic base eg. A 10k run at a very ease pace, I got laser eye surgery last month in cork it was 3600 paid monthly over 3 years not the worst to be honest my vision is better than 20/20 I would recommend anyone to do it so much easier than glasses and contacts

Thanks @Red devil 77 appreciate it.
    I had a consult in Optical Express they quoted me €4,000 each eye 🤢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

The only positive is that you can claim tax relief if it's not covered by your private insurance if you have it.

anyone know for the B form in the aunts/uncles section do you need to put down their spouse as well if they are no longer together but are technically married? Still waiting on my form but trying to gather the information before hand.

I have VHI I think it takes 20% off which is better than nothing!

I think you do yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12 km26

Hey, anyone that has done fitness and passed to go ahead to medical. How long do you have between both. And is it possible to change medical dates if needed? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Confitzy

Hey all. Anyone have any idea what oom are they on now for the interviews? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Paddy77

My OOM is 1014 and I have my interview next week, I'm in batch 3, they are going through them fairly quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

I placed 1057 after stage 1 and haven't been called yet for interview.

• Advertisement

I’d say you’ll be next batch so probably next month

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Grayzer1979

The bleep test is fine, just take it slow at the start and it's a walk in the park!

Having said that a few people did fail it when I did the test last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamie_M147

Hey Guys! A little off topic, have the fitness on the 13th, does anyone know from past experiences after the fitness test if we are allowed showers etc? Have a family social event to go to afterwards is all.

That’s so much! Can I ask how you prepared for your bleep test? Hope you’re went well

There's showers there in the changing room. Nobody used them from what I could see but I see no reason why you couldn't use them when you're finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mld20

Hi, were there many doing the PCT with you, just want an idea of numbers and if it really does take the whole day. I have mine on the 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mld20

Hi, were there many doing the PCT with you, just want an idea of numbers and if it really does take the whole day. I have mine on the 13th.

There were 3 groups of 7 when I was there last week. Started at 9, I'd say all the groups were done by just after 2. Then they take you over for drug testing and take a sample of your hair. I was on my way hone before 3. Some were gone earlier, some slightly later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gympluscoffee

is anyone else who sent in their id still waiting on form b and pct date?

• Advertisement

Yes! I only got email to send ID last week

Advertisement