Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloc Party - Friday 5th July - 3Arena

Options
  • 04-07-2024 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone going? I've seen them a few times and they're always great but I think 3Arena is too big for them. I don't think they sold it out last time they headlined it and opened there for Paramore recently (wish I'd gone to that) so the numbers can't be that big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

going myself but surprised it’s not on somewhere like trinity instead

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

I'll be there. The upper seats will be curtained off but I still think it will be busy enough, Belfast a smaller venue but still sold out. Packed setlists for Belfast and Birmingham, looking forward to it.

The pioneers missing from last nights setlist, hope they play it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What time are we expecting them on stage? They played 20 plus songs last night so it might be early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Yeah going to this one.
    Seen them last time they were here and it was brilliant so I’m really looking forward to this.
    Have they a support act?

• Advertisement

STAGE TIMES:
    18:30 - Doors open
    19:45 - The Academic
    21:00 - Bloc Party
    PLEASE NOTE ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Should be a great gig lads, enjoy. Cannot believe the Academic are support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

They have some back catalogue. Been looking to see them for the past 20 years and never have. Reckon this is the best time.

Although would have loved the original drummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Jeez, what a great band. This is what I wish radiohead were.

And what a drummer. I have had to eat my hat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Thought they were fantastic. Strange seeing them in 3Arena, especially with a setup clearly for smaller venues.

They filled the space with their sound brilliantly and it was a great set.

I will say, I was a tad disappointed not to hear Little Thoughts as it was being used in the radio ads promoting the gig. Wrongly assumed we were going to get a rare play of it.

Two More Years though…nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

Really enjoyed that. If you didn't have photosensitive epilepsy before tonight they did their best to induce it with the light show. Great mix of songs. Very little merch available and what there was was fairly basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭T.V Eye

I quite like the point with that smaller setup

longest encore I've ever seen.

Advertisement