Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options
1929394959698»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭Penn

(deleted)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

If anyone cares, I have a S+D build and I was using the Blasphemous blade skill attack while letting mimic have it, there was no way to get any significant close range melee hits without getting killed, especially in the second phase. So talismans for protection against physical and nonphysical, ranged skill attacks which also heal, (maybe*) physic before entering to be able to summon mimic without getting killed and a bit of git gud during 2 hours of trying and probably also a bit of luck. I know this isn't the ideal build and equipment, but this is how I played for the most of the DLC and I wasn't feeling like changing or respec'ing.

*sometimes I used it before the fog, sometimes just before second phase, I don't remember which one was this.

I used Backhand Blades with scarlet rot grease, talismans were Dragoncrest Greatshield, Pearldrake Talisman +3, Crimsonseed Talisman (the new one that give more HP when you use the flask) and Alexander's Jar Shard. Can't remember exactly what I had in the physick flask as I was still trying different things every few runs. But my win was more down to luck than anything, just had a lucky run of the boss mostly using the attack combo that I was pretty decent at avoiding, Mimic drawing aggro at the right times and being grabbed once which allowed me to heal and re-buff, and just pure dumb luck.

It wasn't the build I normally use and I had tried a few different things. I really tried sticking with the Wing of Astel at the start but just couldn't get a decent amount of time to hit the Nebula skill, and he moves around so much in Phase 2 that it was pointless trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Alexander's Jar Shard sounds like something that might have been useful, but I don't have it, I only remember Alexander the jar being stuck and me giving him a kick to get unstuck but nothing else.

Luck certainly played its part, but I also have to claim that I git gud, because I did :) I stuck with my equipment and stats and learned when taker's flame work and when it doesn't, and I learned how to roll the initial attack getting it right maybe 1/2 times. I got it consistently down to less than 1/5 of its health and maybe luck helped with the rest.

Alexander shows up in a few different spots after, and then you fight him in Crumbling Faram Azula, but I think you need to have summoned him for the big fight against Radahn and then talked to him after to keep his questline going. But yeah it's one of the best talismans in the game for the buff to weapon skills.

I got good at the final boss's Phase 1, so my luck in Phase 2 was down to him mostly using those combo attacks or picking the Mimic to target for some of the other attacks. I was only using the scarlet rot sporadically too because I was worried about having to farm/craft more. Like Johnny and me both said earlier though, could do the fight 50 more times and not get close to beating him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Advertisement