Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biden v Trump (and one or two others) The US Presidential election 2024. Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

DEI is all you need to know, no Newsom - a bottom of the pile White Man . think DEI think sexist lol

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Sn@kebite

I think you'd need to look a bit deeper than that. The reasons why black males have extremely high crime rates is due to lots of social imbalances, poverty etc.

Kamala talk about race issues a lot and how racism affected her. If she's aware of race issues she would be setting up community projects for young black males to develop properly instead of locking them up or at least doing it while being the DA.

My view is she is exploiting a social problem for money. This is not how liberals like to portray themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Ted222

At least she can put one foot in front of the other without assistance. Voters like that in a president.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,773 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just from looking a small snippets of both Biden and Trump on the RTE News. Biden really looks slow and old and it has become very hard to understand what he is saying while Trump is seen in a golf buggy and still well able to slate Joe. Now I know that Trump is a lunatic and should never be near the office of President of the US but Biden is making it very easy for him. If Biden doesn't pull out then it will only go one way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

People in a discussion forum are probably more likely to vote but how many people do you run into who have no interest in politics and may or may not turn up on the day depending on whether they have other plans? Given how tight the counts can be in the US it wouldn't take many people to throw a key state. The enthusiasm gap between the candidates is everything and like mentioned earlier, Democrats hold Biden to a higher standard whereas conservatives can hold their noses and vote for Trump despite his personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

She had a reputation as being tough on crime, that doesn't sit well with the democratic activists so she had to go woke to appeal to rich kid whitey.

When you look at those who were the strongest supporters of the police during BLM summer, black people. The lowest, young college educated whites.

When you look at who wants the firmest position on immigration, black people. By some margin.

Who is the most relaxed and laissez faire. Young college educated whites.

Lot of things where that plays out.

Reality is College educated whites make up the Democratic party and now dominate the voter base

Harris had to play the game with them if she had any chance of advancing to the Oval Office.

Kamala built her record on nailing people hard for marijuana possession, she was the Garda Sargeant who built their career on conviction of people with broken tail lights. All about the numbers.

Trump is already polling well with black males, she might accelerate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

If Trump wins the Democrats only have themselves to blame. Biden was clearly too old to run again, Harris is deeply unpopular and would imo have only a slightly better chance to win now than Biden. If they hadn't been so foolish they could have rolled in behind Whitmore 2 years ago, built her profile and then I think this election would be a forgone conclusion. Whitmore ticks almost every box and you don't need to be very special to beat Trump to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Iecrawfc

The Most astounding thing was Biden was putting himself forward in 2020 as a 'bridge' candidate to defeat Trump and then hand over to a younger generation. Even in 2019 there were misgivings about his age, why they didn't groom an alternative candidate in the meantime and let Joe concentrate on the presidency was a massive own goal. Any semi competent speaker could have driven a truck through Trumps right wing rhetoric in that debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I wouldn't be so sure. It turns out be a convicted felon and rapist is a hell of a lot more appealling to Americans than anyone expected!

He just has to be a better choice than a Democrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Exactly and rapists and felons are better apparently!

The American Dream has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Their victims are mostly black and economically disadvantaged too but you don’t seem too concerned about them. We have the same nonsense spouted here in Ireland, he’s from a disadvantaged family, one that usually made life hell for their community.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

No one knows at this point what is going to be decided regarding the Dem 2024 presidential nominee of the DNC. But it’s fun to speculate.

My first guess is that Biden continues to run, and Trump wins, America loses, NATO loses, Putin wins and Ukraine loses, China wins and Taiwan loses, and drill baby drill wins and Paris Climate Accord loses, and the tax cut rich get richer and the national deficit gets larger.

Second guess is that Biden withdraws from 2024 and shifts all his support to his running mate Harris. If the DNC picks anyone other than Biden’s running mate, there may be a huge legal problem accessing the Biden-Harris millions in campaign donations. Whereas Harris does not have this problem if Biden endorsed her.

If Harris runs with Biden’s support , Me-too reactivates and draws the largest group of registered voters (women) to elect Harris the first woman president in American history. Plus Harris has been outspoken in support of pro choice, drawing those women in. Plus being half Black, gets the vast majority of that demographic, and half Asian ancestry most of that demographic too.

Criminal convict Trump, along with losing to Carroll in civil court for alleged sex abuse and defamation for tens of millions in damages overshadows Trump with independents in the former, and with women in the latter. Many voting for someone who is NOT TRUMP like Biden in 2020. Plus all the too old Biden claims by Trump, who is also an old 78, now bites Trump.

My 2 penny worth speculation on a Harris vs Trump 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

In fairness Americans are faced atm with two lads who are basically unelectable for different reasons. I've said for ages either one of them against anyone half decent wouldn't be in with an asses roar of winning. I just cannot understand how the Democrats have not prepared for the current situation. They had 4 years to find someone. And if the Republicans had gone for someone other than Trump would they still have run with Biden? The entire thing was a braindead strategy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

"The Democrats" hands were more or less tied when Biden chose to run again. No one serious wanted to run against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭ebbsy

In order to vote Harris in, America would need to vote for a woman for the first time.

Can they do that ?

Biden ties a very disparate party base together.

Not many can do that.

Also, all those around him are in power because of him and Obama, they'll be out with a new broom so they are also reluctant because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Totally agree with this.

and I LOL'd at the Weekend at Bernies's reference :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,451 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Alan Licthman still predicting a Biden win - if Democrats don’t lose their nerve.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/06/30/lichtman-dems-replace-biden/74260967007/

The election he called wrong by the way isn't the one you are thinking of - he incorrectly called the 2000 election (the one where the SCOTUS stopped a recount of the hanging-chads debacle)

Post edited by Overheal on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭threeball

Alot more people will die if that turd gets elected. And don't make me laugh other political differences. I couldn't care less about either candidates policies, that's if Trump actually had policies. Instead he floats from one bout of verbal diarrhoea to the next, picking whatever subject happens to cross his feeble mind.

Trump dying would be a blessing to this world. He's left a trail of destruction in his wake from bankrupting hard working people to raping others. It's not hard to take the moral high ground with someone so utterly shìt.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

The only people supporting him fall into one, some or all of the three C categories, it isn't difficult to galvanise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭brickster69

Trump has only to do one thing from now on. To champion less confrontation and more co-operation in the world, that resonates with everyone regardless of party affiliation. Expect a lot more of this in the coming months, the warmongers will lose their minds of course but they are in the minority by far.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

You are right Putin will lose his mind if trump lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"The warmongers will lose their minds"?

This post doesn't connect with reality in any way shape or form. Do you even know what it means? Seems like a dog whistle you are repeating here.

Trump doesn't give a damn about 'less confrontation' or more co-operation. His election will be carte blanche for the warmongers like Putin to go on the offensive. When only one side fights, it is called a massacre. People still die, but it will be hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil from you to deaths in 'non wars'.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement