Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Looking at the radar and it looks like the worst of the rain is going to the north and south of the three counties that got the warning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭pureza

Theres a few drops here near Arklow,this is looking south at my weather station tower towards Tara hill(in the distance to the right of the tower) and Gorey (looks wet down there about 10kms away)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

13 degrees and raining. Not much else to say really.

Looking north towards wicklow mtns

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yep soil is dry. May and June were well below average rainfall. Many stations got approx 50% of average rainy for both months. Water levels are way down and drains around here are completely dry.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

This evenings Stansted- Knock flight was in the hold for a while due to bad weather with heavy rain and poor visibility. They reported just seeing the runway lights at minimums to which the tower replied its deteriorated quite quickly. Nasty showers about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

showers now developing in the Dublin area, I think we’ll get our rain after all this evening, Met E might have called this correctly?
    O ye of little faith ….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Holding dry Meath.

15⁰

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

I appreciate that it has been dry but it’s also been dull windy and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Exceptionally dry outlook from the latest gfs, particularly in western areas, hardly a drop of rain from this monday untill the end of the run, soil here is rock hard, very dry and dusty, just crumbles in your hand. Hopefully this will help temperatures rise quickly if we ever do get a warm spell.

MONTHLY FORECAST, ISSUED FRIDAY 05 JULY 2024

Week 1 (Monday 08 July to Sunday 14 July)

Current indications suggest low pressure will move in from the southwest at times bringing rain or shows at times. Temperatures are signalled to be close to average in many areas but slightly below average in parts of the east and south. Rainfall totals are predicted to be above average for much of Leinster and parts of the south, but with below average rainfall totals expected for much of the north, west and southwest, with close to normal amounts in some midland areas.

Week 2 (Monday 15 July to Sunday 21 July)

Week 2 has a signal for high pressure to influence or weather. As a result, lower than average precipitation is indicated countrywide. Temperatures are signalled to be around average for the time of year.

Week 3 (Monday 22 July to Sunday 28 July)

As we head into week 3 confidence in the forecast reduces, however the current signal is for high pressure to remain in charge of our weather. As a result temperatures are signalled to be above average for the time of year in conjunction  with lower than average rainfall across the country.

Week 4 (Monday 29 July to Sunday 04 August)

Confidence in the forecast as we head into week 4 is low. However, there is a signal for high pressure to be positioned to the northwest. Temperatures are signalled to be around average or slightly above. Rainfall totals are signalled to continue below average for the time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cold, rain, thunder, North Wicklow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I have to say todays GFS 12z is very promising if your looking for a serious improvement in temperatures and much more in the way of sunshine but I would need to see a couple more runs like this over the weekend for confidence to increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SpoonyMcSpoon

Out in Greystones now, lovely evening somehow despite dark grey clouds all around us. No wind, sun coming out and I don’t have a jacket on. Apparently rain is due but Greystones has a very micro climate and rarely gets rain in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Powers gone here in carrick followed by a bright flash of lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭mcburns07

11 degrees and raining, comically poor. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was meant to be wet In the north today, with "showers pushing in from the west early in afternoon".

There was 1 very light one which lasted about 2min, but since about 3pm it's been a lovely summers day and evening. Not too warm, but very dry and pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

12 degrees and pouring in Cork City :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It's lashing now in Dublin 22

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Lashing down in Dublin 8 right now....hope there are no outdoor events in Dublin tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

west coast west of carrownisky

Gone cooler now 10c currently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

a glorious downpour! Lovely !

now back to Portugal v France

Powers back here after 90 mins , at least I got my dishes done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Latest ECM has a settled outlook into next week.

All main models agreeing on this settled spell as of it now, lets hope this agreement continues.

Quite wet in Arklow atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

A light rain shower arrived in Celbridge around 8.30pm, passed over now. A very pleasant day up until then. My garden really needs rain at this stage so I would welcome some proper rain for a couple of days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SpoonyMcSpoon

No more than a bit of drizzle the last few hours in Greystones with no wind and it was light enough that an umbrella wouldn’t have been needed. Seems like the showers mentioned above avoided us.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Only for the Euros as a distraction, this weather would give me simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Still dry Meath

11⁰

Advertisement