Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options
196979899100102»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭pureza

Take it to the small claims court and inform EI of your decision to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I was on a flight from Turkey to Ireland with Ryanair a couple of weeks back. The flight was around 4 hours delayed arriving in Turkey and equally arriving back in Dublin.

There was some brief mention by the Pilot of Air Traffic difficulties as the reason for the delay but that was it. Now there might well have been legit Air Traffic control issues outside of Ryanair's control, but I didn't see any other flights at that airport being delayed that night. This was a very late flight, scheduled to depart at 11pm (it was about 3am by the time we actually departed) and in my experience knock on delays from the previous flights that day usually compound delaying the last flight of the day, and I know there can be further delays when planes miss their slots, which to my mind are likely the Air Traffic difficulties they mentioned.

I filled in to Ryanair's own EU261 form, but I got a message a few days later saying my claim wasn't valid, but no reason was given.

My question is whether I can trust Ryanair's response or process given that they've just rejected the claim with no reason or should I pursue it further, and if I do pursue it further, who do I take it up with? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Generally Air Traffic Control restrictions aren't grounds for an EU261, it falls under extraordinary circumstances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

but I didn't see any other flights at that airport being delayed that night

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, could have been ATC difficulties leaving their previous airport or even en-route.

However…

My question is whether I can trust Ryanair's response

No. But it depends how much effort you want to expend and there is always the chance that they are being honest and correct in this scenario. You can go straight to the Irish Aviation Authority or small claims court but it's no guarantee of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

I was on two recent flights and both occasions an announcement was made that there is someone on the flight with a serious nut allergy. By the time it was announced was when pretty much everyone was on the plane so I understand why wait otherwise saying it every minute and crew have enough to be doing without consent announcements it was an Airbus 320 and pretty much full. So people could be easily opening peanuts or something else that contains nuts etc. Person in front of me gave up whatever her sandwich was because of it. I thought the person/group who had allergy could have got into touch with the airline and got them to send an email/text advising them about it. Maybe they did and nothing was sent. Announce it again when on the plane but just thought it was a strange that it could have been to late when it was announced. Do airlines send such correspondence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It should be announced a number of times during boarding but I've never heard of advance correspondence

Advertisement