Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I got two on TM last time out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I must have been unlucky so!

As a matter of interest, were those late returns very close to the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There were definitely tickets floating around closer to the game here and there but they were never freely available on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭a2deden

Lol, ya im getting the vibe i was. I did get Aus and Argentina in back to back years on it also, so im hoping the luck stays

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭COH

< delete >

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭hold my beer

They were. I got mine very soon after they went on sale on TM. I had to buy a 3 game pack from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭agoodusername

I'm interested in buying packs for any of the November games when they go on sale.

I just noticed today that the previous Autumn Internationals page is coming up with a 404 error, I'd been checking it a couple of times a week for the past couple of months. Any sense on when they'll be available on TM? It must be in the next month or so if you're getting info through the supporters clubs, I let my MRSC membership lapse a while back when I went abroad.

I've been to about 15 Irish games in the past decade but rarely do I get them through General Sale on the day they come out.

Nothing get from IRSC, I know the clubs have their allocations but nothing public yet about other ticket sales (if there are any).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Hard to know how many will go on general sale and when they will. Clubs etc won't be putting in applications etc for a while and all will depend on what returns if any and what isn't taken up by constituent groups within the game and rightfully so.

Lions club resale on again or the Dublin game next year, this time with €100 tickets....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭agoodusername

Ah fair enough, I don't really have any expectations of an ABs tickets as I'm going to the XV game in Thomond. I'd like to think that I'd get ones for Argentina and Fiji as a pack though, but thanks for letting me know that it won't be too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭COH

Autumn Internationals event page is up on ticketmaster - no on sale date yet but looks imminent at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

No mention of tickets on the supporters club page.

No updates and no emails all year

Seems a bit hopeless, doubt I'll be renewing

CPL 593H

They Don't get many tickets and will be down the priority list so it's quite possible they don't know yet what numbers they will get yet. You are far better off getting involved in a club or within the sport at some level and trying to get tickets from there. Like I've 4 or 5 good sources be it 2 clubs I'm a member of, referees section I'm a member of and 2 schools who I referee a lot where I can potentially get tickets from and that's before I try friends etc.

If you can get involved in the game in some fashion it totally increases your chances of or opportu iti3s to get tickets

I know each club is different but my club is useless for tickets, rarely get any of them. Weirdly have been more successful in the Leinster lottery. Demand is just insane and corporates still get far too many tickets so it's just hard to get tickets for bigger games unfortunately.

Yeah each club is very differenlt. I'm lucky in general can get tickets from my own club but if I can't I unlike most do have lot more options and when you say corporates get far too many tickets then what do you change. Majority of tickets go to clubs and other constituent parts of Union. I would hope we never see too many tickets go on full public sale tbh. As it means clubs, committee groups, schools, are all likely to be getting less

Post edited by Lost Ormond on

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I don’t know LO the crowds at RWC were great, genuinely believe because it opened access to them.
    Hard know, for me I’m just feeling the cost really is getting outside of what I’m willing to pay.

World cups are always different but how do you change how tickets are allocated for games in dublin ran by irfu then? If you are giving more to public sale. Who's allocation do you cut?

Cost is a very different issue to how tickets are allocated

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Love it or hate it, the general sale element of tickets for the world cup made for some incredible atmospheres around Paris and in the stadiums.. Not something that is the case in Dublin for regular home games I'm afraid.

MayMaybe it was general sale or it was otherreasons but how do you put more tickets on general sale for the aviva? Where do you take tickets from. Majority tickets go to those directly involved in sport and they should get preference. Always. Imo.

If it's a real contest and very good game then aviva can be top class but that's not case all the rime

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

don’t have the answer, we’re screwed with Aviva seating numbers being low compared to other 6N stadia. If I was to cut I’d pick corporate but know that can never happen cause it bankrolls and supports. It’s a shame.

But when you say cut corporate. It's a cover all term. How exactly do you and others when you say cut corporate do that?

well we can’t cut it cause it raises so much, as I say I don’t have the answer, but the Aviva can just be so low key with no real fire.
    The middle premium layer that hosts the meals/corporate gigs and then they go out to the padded seats. Even if you were to put those seats on general sale at a higher price than normal it wouldn’t touch what’s made from the tables bought by businesses for those seats. Those seats are then just people on a day out rather than fans who love the game and want to be there. Which the fans at RWC were.

I got to a few of the RWC matches and only atmospheres I can compare to in Aviva were the games against NZ (the one we lost after 80th minute and one we won). Been there for last two 6N where we won them and atmospheres weren’t great (nervy games so might feed into it).

I think the big problem is the seating numbers, smallest in 6n iirc. so less tickets available. I dont think I’ll bother even trying for tickets for autumn internationals, will just watch at home.

now to see how England do against NZ

The 3rd floor/middle tier doesn't host any meals and many with tickets for 3rd floor have access to the exact same menus as those in upper and lower tier(1st/5th floors) bar a few extra food options on level 3. A small percentage of people sitting on level 3 may have a pre match meal on level 2 or 4 in some of the main function areas on those floors but overwhelming majority on level 3 dont.

Admittedly I don't know how you deal with it fully but ultimately it's intertwined with funding.

A good few years back I didn't get tickets through my club for a 6N game, no huge surprise or issue there, I'm not 'entitled' to tickets. One of my work colleagues was offered a corporate ticket in work but couldn't go and offered it around the office. I jumped on it as was desperate to go. And the ticket I got had my clubs name on it. Now I get that clubs raise money by selling tickets but when a ticket is diverted past club members by the club, it's fairly shïtty. If a club is desperate for money and the argument is that clubs need funding, so be it, but it could at least offer the ticket to members at the price it sells to the corporate provider.

Not only that but of the five people in the group I was with, only two of us were watching and enjoying the game. The other three were just boozing on the corporate card with little interest in the game.

If my club was up front and said that they were selling that proportion of tickets (that they sold to corporate service provider) at 200% of the face value to one of its members, it would be better than the ticket being sold later at 400% of its face value for a corporate day out that ultimately hurts the atmosphere and isn't accessible to fans who want to watch the game.

At the end of the day, the corporate ticket provider makes the biggest profit from ticket sales out of them, the club and the IRFU, which is ridiculous. I've seen through my wife's work how much they pay for tickets and they're clearly the biggest winners.

All tickets should be sold direct to fans, whether it's through the Irfu, rugby clubs, supporters clubs, schools whatever. Ultimately it won't change because the IRFU are making a mint, clubs are making a mint and the ticket providers are making a mint.

Yeah I think he means level 4 which is where that happens.

yeah sorry not sure of levels but have been to a corporate Leinster one and was full meal, free drink all day and out to mid level. Actually won it).

Yeah my wife's workplace were offering tickets to its employees to Taylor Swift for that level for €1600 a ticket and it was an open bar, meal etc. Again an instance of a "sold out event" but not sold out to corporates.

When you say he was offered a "corporate" ticket. I assume you mean premium level?

When you say all tickets should be sold to fans. How do you define "fan"?

Is there a criteria that must be met?

Many clubs as I said sell tickets to their own sponsors, people who put up hundreds or more likely thousands and thousands of euro be it for the clubs adult first team or for just the general run ING of the club. I don't see a problem with that. Without these people many clubs would struggle and therefore the sport would struggle. Those people getting a ticket is fine.

TThe Idea that it's "corporates" ruining the atmosphere isn't really true. A lot of games even with the normal punters just don't have a good atmosphere in the aviva. Nothing to do with corporates.

• Advertisement

No it was a ticket in the south west stand. Bog standard ticket.

I'm not really too interested in getting into the definition of a fan as it's a pointless argument where everyone gets super sensitive and offended but essentially someone who wants to go watch the game versus someone who is going for a day out, drinks and a chat and has no real interest in the game. (And before anyone hops in with their backs up, I'm not saying that drink should be banned, nobody should be allowed talk etc.)

Your experience with corporates may be different to mine and it's not accurate for anyone to say all corporates are the problem, and it's not accurate to say they're not a problem at all. But it is delusional to think that someone who has come for drinks and a chat who's largely in the concourse for the game is contributing as much to the atmosphere as someone who is watching the game, singing, chanting and cheering. It's just not a legitimate argument. A parent and kid would do more for the game in those seats. Corporates might not solely be ruining the atmosphere but they're certainly contributing. Again, it's not every corporate ticket. I've been to loads of national grounds and the Aviva is by a long shot, the worst both in terms of noise and experience.

The argument around funding only goes so far and I admitted that it's complex to solve and not a quick fix as clubs need funding to survive (and they should get that funding) but it's fundamentally wrong that a team is largely inaccessible to the public. As I said, it won't change as the people who matter are getting their money.

I don't know how anyone can think that it's OK that "ABC Corporate Tickets" make the most money off international rugby tickets because they charge and are paid staggering multiples of a tickets face value. These guys are not sponsors.

Advertisement