Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendations Good Bodyshop Repair - Dublin/Kildare

Options
  • 03-07-2024 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good bodyshop repair for touch ups to be done on a car before I sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Car is just under 9 years old

132k km

BMW 520d

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Tabby McTat

I’ve got work done with Carcraft in Ballybough/North Strand before. They are really good operators. Would definitely recommend them if the location suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭Goose81

+1

However the above pics are not touch ups and car craft won't do a hack repair job, they will respray alot of the panel and do it right

I asked car craft for a quote recently for similar damage to my car and it was 380 quid for something that looks one of the above scratches. So total on above car probably be well over a grand with them. It's not worth getting done on a 9 year old car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Friend just had both bumpers re-sprayed on a 5 series for around €300. It seems like excellent value to me.

Car Cosmetix in Sandyford. Same day service.

It is a good job? Standard price is about 500 a bumper so that's very cheap..

Edit, they ain't got the best reputation

• Advertisement

Just to follow up on this, I actually texted this crowd the exact pics that I sent to carcraft who do quality work.

Reason I did was because if they actually were that cheap I might have taken a punt.

They quoted me the exact same price as carcraft, 380 + vat for just the minor damage on the rear bumper of a 5 series to be fixed, so I don't know where OP Stallingrad is getting his price of 300 quid for them to respray a back and front bumper on a 5 series..

This crowd are not cheap at all, they charge market rates for what would appear to be shoddy work.

So they are no cheaper than anywhere and looking at the pics and their Google reviews I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Multiple pics in the reviews of the shoddiest, crappiest work you will ever see and the owner throwing out personal abuse left right and centre in Google reviews when anyone dares to leave a negative review 😂 by the looks he only replies to negative reviews when he is 8 cans deep.

So I will stick with my original recommendation of carcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Dennings, by the Tallaght exit on the M50 are absolutely excellent quality wise.

They're not cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Wailin

Trimtech in finglas are very good. Brought my G30 540i there for a bumper scratch repair before I sold it and the work was very professional and priced very reasonably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭User1998

They are rated 4.6 on Google, plenty of good reviews, and the owner clearly responds to the positive ones too. You replied to a post from 8 years ago. They mustn’t be that bad if they are still in business 8 years later. Its well known that most people only leave a review if they have a bad experience. No need to bash them when you have no experience using them.

Advertisement