Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Be interesting to see if Dalo says anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Figerty

IF only we actually could trust his motives that would be fine. We can't based on past performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fair enough; I wouldn't have knowledge of his past history!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Rosita

I'm probably missing something since it is Clare where they make up their own rules at times when it comes to internal row but surely wondering about a journalist's motives for revealing news is like being suspicious of a priest who says mass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

There's a few different priests disciples of different Gods…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Gael85

Ryan Taylor named among the subs.

Aidan McCarthy listed to start ahead of Shanagher.

Let's see how we actually line out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Jez I hope Shanagher starts . He offers more than McCarthy. That's an underwhelming team . It's all abit stale. I feel it's groundhog day. I'd have thrown Taylor straight back in. I'd have started Shanagher and I'd have dropped Malone and McCarthy. Id have Possibly dropped Diarmuid Ryan aswell .

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

As an outsider I would have said that's your strongest 15 to start..shanagher always contributes well when he comes on as a sub

It would be madness to start Taylor in an all Ireland semi final when he hasn't hurled competitively in 12 months..again he will be a good option for 20mins..

• Advertisement

No way will we do anything drastic like drop Ryan or Malone

We’d only confuse ourselves more than the opposition. They don’t deserve to be dropped anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

I hope you're right and I'm sitting in Croke Park at 1800hrs with egg on my face and Clare in the All Ireland final. However if we do the same thing 3 years in a row and lose again like we did to limerick in Munster then management will have many questions to answer and 2 will be 'why was diarmuid Ryan and Malone undroppable'. Ryan is a poor poor marker but an excellent shot taker when on form. He's nit on form. Malone hasn't been on form in 2 years. We are carrying both at the moment. Besides all that we need subs in from minute 45 not 55. We've a huge challenge ahead but Kilkenny aren't the team Limerick are and we are well capable of beating them. Up The Banner

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

if it is true it is no surprise , romer is a loose cannon , its widely believed has been a source in the past for the clare times facebook page , which i wouldn't be surprised to hear if it were true

personally i never even knew o'neill had joined up the backroom team , its not something that's going to divide the team , mcmahon and lohan dont get on so he was probably only happy to run the story

he got the brunt of lohans rage in front of a whole host of reporters last year so i am sure he is only happy to run a story like this , especially it having no real consequence on the team , its not like him to stir things up though

the clare times facebook page is making a huge thing about it though which is no surprise

mcinerney would be dropped ahead of ryan surely ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

That Clare Times page is a disgrace, when I 1st became aware of it I honestly taught it was satire like Waterford Whispers, between that and the tweets from Derrick Lynch ye have a few loose cannons out there in the media.

the problem is , he or the people running it cant be held accountable because thy are not using there own name , i was talking to a lad form a club in town last year that was convinced that romer was a source to the page , i only taught of it the other day when i say the post about him , and how upset the lads on the clare times were

they were banned since september and only back in action this week , its amazing how many people fall for it though

the problem is that would be the smartest thing to do , lohan usually hasn't done the smartest thing in some of these big games , if taylor features i hope its because we are 5 points up and liam gordon has the whistle in his mouth

MaCarthy not adding enough at the moment. Start Shanaher. Bring on Galvin, he has fight in him. If Taylor is good enough to make the panel, then throw him in there later in the game. To win means taking risks.

At some point, Hogan will also have to go to wing back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭moby2101

well done Clare , I thought yere Goose was cooked at halftime. Think we(Limerick) will beat Cork, it will be some atmosphere for the AIF

• Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

thought Clare were goosed

Still don’t fully believe in them but some job getting over the line today

Kilkenny’s poor bench the difference maker

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭KIB4Life

McCarthy proving the doubters wrong. A brilliantly talented hurler, and also an absolute gent off the field. Has gone through a rough period especially with injuries, had a horrendous workplace accident that took him a long time to come back from, so only delighted for the man and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭17togo

Great win. A monkey off their back to win in Croker and beat kilkenny. They'll need all the psychological help they can get to beat (probably) Limerick.

Taylor made the difference coming on. But huge praise has to go the the whole defensive unit in the second half. Twas night and day from the first half whatever was said in the dressing room. Conlon in the 1st half was as poor as he's ever been, gave away numerous balls with wayward passes. Second half he was solid. Hogan, Cleary, Leen were excellent. To hold kk scoreless for 16 or 17 minutes is a big achievement.

The wind looked like it played a big part too, kk struggled with wides and their long passing accuracy into their forwards in the 2nd half.

If they have a first half like that in the final it'll be game over whether it's against cork or limerick, but especially if it's limerick.

First championship win in Croker since 2013 and first championship win against Kilkenny since 1997, enjoyed that win. Honestly thought Clare were gone. My late father was a Clare man who died days after the corresponding game between the two sides in 2022, so that win meant a lot today. Hon the Banner.

Himself and Reidy kept the scoreboard ticking with two points each from play in first when things weren't going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭KIB4Life

Ah yeah there was a lot of **** being wrote on here and other places about him by people that don’t have a clue. He has scored 3-63 (3-12 from play) between the league final and championship. That’s some scoring return no matter what way you look at it.

I don’t think he is a natural inside forward, his best position is probably further out the field, he was an All star minor wing back, which shows his versatility. But he has done a fairly effective job and apart from the Munster final he has been deadly accurate from frees.

Nailed his frees today, and got some really hard ones, but still hit the ball at the goalie, a goal scorer puts it high or low. Same as the Munster final when he gave Quaid a chance. We were goosed without his accuracy today but from play? Still questionable but with almost 100% accuracy, he's a certainty for two weeks time.

We have bigger problems.

• Advertisement

Up the banner and down the pints !! we will talk to ye tomorrow lads……..

Advertisement