Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭crl84

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appmiral.alltogethernow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sprints V Future islands is rough on them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Future Islands → Houseplants → Slowdive will be a nice way to finish off the Sunday night

Sunday is pretty clashy!

Annoying that again they don't have anything on the main stages until 3pm.

Nothing on the SKOW stage between 6pm-8:30pm on Saturday. Wonder if it's missing an act?

I can't see Soda Blonde anywhere unless I'm being an idiot? Possible that there's a few more missing.

Edit: searching for Soda Blonde in artists says they're on Lovely Days 4-5 on Saturday, but the schedule has Chris Wong then.

Post edited by crl84 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭gandalfio

App isn't in the play store?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,521 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

ATN have played a blinder in terms of lineup, announcements, having times and day breakdowns way in advance etc. But it's a huge black mark having everything start so late in the day. Basically nothing on until 2 or 3pm on the Sat/Sun is criminal and I hope they change it.

The Sunday schedule has work out almost perfect for me. Future Islands > New Dad > Barry Can't Swim > Slowdive > The Prodigy > Paul Kalkbrenner is some run and would more or less be able to catch each entire set.

Saturday the clashier day for me. The National, Floating Points and Optimo are all ones I'd have liked to see but on at same time.

What time are Houseplants and Prodigy on the Sunday?

https://clashfinder.com/s/atn24/ #

Looks like this has been updated to reflect times on the app, but only the Main Stage, SKOW, Lovely Days, AVA, Arcadia, The Circle, Belonging Bandstand and Hidden Sounds are on the app so far.

Houseplants @ 8.45

The Prodigy @ 10.45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Does anyone have any guide on the walking distances between different stages? There used to be a usedful table of walking distances between EP stages, which helped in my early days when deciding on effort to go to different acts. Suppose the main ones would be

Main Stage to SKOW

Main Stage to Lovely Days

SKOW to Lovely Days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Kiasmos and George Fitzgerald clashing for me! What a crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

@Rfrip You’re grand - Kiasmos over at 1, Gf on at 1.30

See you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dunph

A few annoying clashes but nothing on the level of loyle carner v warmduscher last year. The soda blonde thing is odd, i recall last year the schedule went up once, was taken don and reposted with some small but significant changes. Great to have some idea on it 4 weeks out, I love planning out what to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Had a good trawl through the app this morning and tbh there aren't any huge clashes for me, which is remarkable considering the amount of acts on my to see list, I echo what @Ferris_Bueller says, they should have acts starting on main stage earlier in the day, especially the Sunday

Main stage to SKOW - 2 mins

Main stage to Lovely Days - 6 mins

SKOW to Lovely Days - 4 mins

Main Stage and SKOW are in the same field. Would be like EA and Rankin Woods tent distances at EP....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't know. Looks like Main Stage didn't start until 4 on Sunday last year..

4 on a Sunday is so late!!!! Like we’re not at primavera nor have the weather for it!

It's not a long distance at all, if we get a dry year I'd say all of those walks could be done in under 5 mins. Definitely under 10 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

ATN can tend to be a bit weak with early doors scheduling imo, and then from around 8pm to 3am it’s goodness all the way.

Beyond the Pale seems to do a better job on its scheduling for me despite its much smaller scale.

Wailers and a 3 hour Mano Le Tough set on Sunday is tasty but could do with more stuff I have an interest in 12 to 6 both days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Its looking like I'm going to be able to make ATN again this year, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Saturday is grim for me. No clashes as Slowdive are pretty much the only essential. A weekend of wandering about having the craic will be the main thing this year.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The late scheduling is absolutely bizarre to me. Drove me mad the couple of years I went. Get those stages going earlier!! It's defo a negative about an otherwise great festival. If you're there for the music, you're going to have tracts of time with nothing going on. They need to address this.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Not really. If you're calling it a day around 3am. Sensibly equipped sleeping arrangements allow you 8 hours. Wake up and wander for some food, then back to base for some alcohol and the craic with your buddies. Wander towards the music and possibly grab some more food en route - you're not far off the music start times and that's being conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Fanirish

bands have to soundcheck in the morning till lunchtime that’s why.
    they have things on the bandstand and expect people want to gently get into the spirit of things from lunchtime on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abbaesque

yes- this, after two days I look forward to lounging around the bandstand area early on Sunday- few gin cocktails to take the edge off! Love the bandstand on the Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Genuinely interested in what you mean by 'Sensibly equipped sleeping arrangements' allow you 8 hours' .... if in a tent I'm awake by 8am no matter what time I go asleep, regardless of ear plugs, eye mask etc.

On the wider point, I think main stages should be going by 1pm, latest 2pm.

Nope.

Headline band soundchecks in the morning for an hour max, and then it's done, usually by 11am or latest midday. Most bands have to make do with a line check and then soundcheck as they set up before their slot.

I can post timetables from multiple festivals where bands are on the main stage by 1pm, and often midday....

Beyond the Pale had the main stage kicking off at 12 on Saturday, 1:15 on Sunday....

Theres zero good reason why acts can't start until 3pm at ATN and can't start at 1pm, especially on second and third stages.

Another example of you posting BS to defend a promoter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Fanirish

you could hear the likes of Nick cave, iggy pop etc soundcheck till lunchtime in prior years. It’s beneficial for all that the headline acts get a soundcheck and they have to work around Artist logistics and schedules.
    Their set up has been taken away and then the set up for 1st band on stage needs to be done.
    you don’t want a beyond the pale situation where orbital had technical issues that year cause btp don’t do soundchecks for headliners.
    Don’t see you moaning about EP doing the same and starting its main stages at 2/2:30.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for a dj or act that might play some kind of indie disco set of tracks from the 80s, 90s and 00s?

Anyone on the lineup likely to play some 90s old skool, house, techno etc?

Advertisement