Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Rapporteur for action plan against racism announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭susan678

Last post in here with a quote.

In 2020, Joseph supported the Shelbourne Hotel's decision to remove four statues of African women, which were claimed to depict African slaves, from outside their hotel. Joseph claimed that the black community were likely unaware of the statue's existence at the front of the hotel, suggesting that members of the black community can not afford to go to hotels. She has also commented on the international movement to remove statues which commemorate those who engaged in or profited from the slave trade.[14] In September 2020 art historian Professor Paula Murphy, an expert on sculpture, concluded that the Shelbourne statues are not depictions of slaves after being commissioned to examine them.[

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭giseva

The appointment of Ebun Joseph to this role demonstrates the contempt the government have for the Irish people, and it shows just how out of touch they are on all fronts.

This woman needs deporting, or at the very least, encouraged to lend her skills and views to help her own nation in the fight against racism. I wonder how she'd get on.

The last thing she needs is a platform from where she can tell us whities just how racist we are. Don't hire based on colour is the narrative, and rightly so....I suppose she got that job because she is purple. Is that not racism?

If I consider a particular car to buy, I'll think I'm seeing that car on the road more often. She believes we are a racist country, no question about it, so that is all she sees.

This woman needs it to be real for her to be relevant. I don't believe she is well and I fear she will do far more damage than good.

Having suffered hundreds of years of oppression and living with a dwindling Irish language as a result, we should be ashamed of how we make poor Ebun feel. We should offer her citizenship, an education, and an invented public appointment to make it up to her.....oh wait.

I don't blame her for being a grifter. I blame the politicians who enable her.

"Sit down Paddy and shut up" is the order of the day. We had it from our previous oppressors, and now we have it from our current oppressors, sorry, our leaders.

And what will we do about it? We'll no doubt vote in the same flip floppers and panderers time and time again. If it wasn't frightening it would be laughable.

I'm off to confession to repent for my white shame.

Post edited by giseva on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

The plan, is skipping the queue for government funding on the basis of race/gender whatever.

Already done in the states with restaurant and farm grants.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/14/business/restaurant-relief-fund-covid-sba.html

It's virtue signalling to their active base, very much like Dylan wrote about 6 decades ago. Divide people on basis of race while pretending to be the good guy.

"South politician preaches to the poor white man
    “You got more than the blacks, don’t complain
    You’re better than them, you been born with white skin,” they explain.
    And the Negro’s name
    Is used it is plain
    For the politician’s gain
    As he rises to fame
    And the poor white remains
    On the caboose of the train
    But it ain’t him to blame
    He’s only a pawn in their game"

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Apart from threads like You Laugh, You Lose, I haven't seen a thread with so many posts with so many thanks, all in agreement, in a very long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

If I didn't know any better I'd swear she was trained in the art of sowing division and confusion by the russians. She seems to have mastered gaslighting and has a brazenness you only find in the likes of Lavrov.

I wonder has she ever visited the house on Orwell road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Beginning to think there just weirdos at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joebrosaysno

If Ireland is such a terrible place for her then what is she doing here?

Send her to South Africa immeadiately to sort out the extreme discrimination blacks are using against minorities especially white minorities where quotas have to be filled for black empowerment and white students have to get far higher marks to earn the same college degree.

Irish people are literally stupid to allow themselves to be lectured to by this person.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Self flagellation seems to be your particular kink

At least she's making herself known with her racism. Unfortunately she's not alone and there's plenty at play with similar agenda's including an EDI head in the PAS. Among her vision is to increase the number of non-Irish born gaining employment in our public services. How might such a goal be achieved? That's right, positive discrimination.....Paddy will be deemed to have reached their allowable quota in a public service recruitment campaign for a job serving Ireland due to the fact they were born in Ireland.

Are we all gone mad or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I always say if something is so trivially easy to ridicule on multiple levels there's clearly something very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Enter Username Here

What a demeaning and utterly patronising role to appoint over a country as a whole.

One would imagine that they would at the very least have carefully selected somebody for the position. It looks like just making the most noise is enough to be appointed by our government.

It doesn't need to be said, but we are not a racist country. Appointing a loud mouthpiece with a few giant chips on her shoulders and nothing of any real merit to say, actually shows, to me how unserious they are taking this appointment. Is it just to get her to stop pestering them about everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Iecrawfc

The Sooner the greens are voted into oblivion the better, between the virtue signalling, weak border support and no understanding of rural ireland, they're the biggest obstacles to climate change action despite what they claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Environmental issues my ass. Think Ryan was the most sane of the lot of them. And thats saying a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The greens want to reduce the carbon footprint in ireland.

The greens want to import anyone who wants to come here, which increases the carbon footprint in ireland.

The only conclusion to that is that the greens want to increase carbon footprint here.

Based on such contradictory policies they thankfully will be destroyed in the next elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Who choose this woman for the roll, who signed off on her appointment. Do they seriously believe she will do anything to help race relations in this country. I fear she will do the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭creeper1

Well in this case they seem to have been enabled by the green party.

The electorate needs to get revenge on the green party and consign them permanently to history.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

Fair play for being so against children understanding the concept of privilege, that you've decided not to learn what it means yourself!

It doesn't just mean just mean your life is good because you're white lol, it's seperate to your material circumstances. This is something children can grasp.

btw always funny how offended certain posters get about anti-racism, they take to SO personally. Why is that I wonder hmmmmmm lol

Post edited by Gentlemanne on

People like her do harm to black people in Ireland

• Advertisement

" white privilege" is just original sin for the woke

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭DaithiMa

It was the Green Party, who got a whopping 3.62% of first preference votes in the local elections, that created this role and decided Dr Joseph would be an ideal fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

self defeating at the end of the day, devisive , "doth protest too much" and ignores the MLK ethic of "content of character" which is what any Gen xer would have come across

Post edited by silverharp on

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Anti racism isn't the same as the critical race theory nonsense being pushed by grifter like Ebun Joseph.

You probably think all of us here are card carrying KKK members.

Racism is stupid, critical race theory is racism so it is stupid too.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

The good Dr. should read this article about "othering" and try see how she's been guilty of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

All the racists who are crying about it are just keeping her in a job.

Are you Ebun? Such a dangerous thought process that anyone who questions the appointment of a person (who is, by the definition of the word, clearly a racist) must be a racist themselves.

No doubt the tricolour offends you. I think it's the likes of yourself who gets some sort of kick out of beating yourself up about white privilege or whatever nonsense is fashionable. There's a Palestinian flag needs waving while you're at it.

I think the issue is the person appointed, not the appointment itself.

We're a nation of racists she'd have you believe, yet she remained here for so long. That's like sitting in a sauna and giving out about the heat. I don't get why people move here, drastically improving their lives, and then whinge about it.

But this one is a special case all together. There's enough prejudice and bigotry in this country as it is without adding her toxic views to the mix.

I don't believe the country is systematically racist, but it's fair to say people in this country may very well have experienced racism, both real and perceived.

Giving this lunatic a voice is not a positive step in addressing racism, quite the opposite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@lmao10 threadbanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Advertisement