Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Its a mistake and does not account for the SEAI grant of 3500 even though the wording says it is net of grant. This will be resolved so I wouldn't stress over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Technique

Thanks, definitely not stressing over it, would just expect to see the correct monthlies shown especially in light of the interest rate decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭pah

Hmmmm, selected the cash option when ordering as I was getting 4.9% from my credit union. Can I contact them and switch to HP Finance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭dubrov

Strange. I see 0.9% too but the monthly payments don't add up.

Cash price is 38,607 for the base model. 24 month hire purchase with 10,527 deposit has a monthly payment of 1,328.

10,527 + 24*1,328 = 42,399 which looks more like the old 6.9%.

So it's either a typo or they've updated the rate but not the calculation yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement

I’d say calculation not updated yet as the UK also go 0% finance on the M3 today too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

remember folks… Tesla as a company are a sh1tshow, and their website updating skills leave a lot to be desired…. Remember when the grant changed it took them weeks/months up update the site…

The cars are great though…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭reni10

What Is Tesla doing with Model 3 Trade in prices???

2 weeks ago I put in a tradein request for my 222 white RWD and they offered close to €30K for it so I decided to order and now that I filled in the additional detail in the app with the photos etc even though everything is in perfect condition they come back only 2 weeks after the €30k offer with a €25k official offer now!!!

How can they expect you to make a decision on buying a car by altering the tradin value by €5k within 2 weeks!!!!

Anyone else experience the same and if so is there anyway to contact them to actually talk to them about this as for an extra €5k now it is not actually worth me updating so will be cancelling if they don’t honour the €30k estimate they gave me initially.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You should have locked that provisional offer by uploading the photo etc straight away, it was widely posted they were giving enhanced offers till end on June.

You have no hope of getting any more than current offer.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Tesla are not pricing them. It’s a trade price.
    sell privately, like we did in years gone.

• Advertisement

They could not deliver the car until August so even if I locked the offer in then the 30 days would have passed so would have had to ask them for another offer anyway so that is why I waited the couple of weeks!

What was the point in giving me that offer when it could not be fulfilled within the 30 days and then when I actually put it in so that it would fall within the 30 days they lowball it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

A €30k offer from the Trade for a 2 year old base M3 is too good to be true anyway, surely.

Tesla is a publically traded company and rises and falls based on quarterly deliveries. They’ll do things like this every quarter most likely.

Considering they don’t want their own cars back, they were probably topping up the offer from the trade with a manufacturer contribution

I suppose the point I am making is that I asked for a trade in estimate which they provided and it was nearly 30k and they said it would only last for 30 days, this was the middle of June so I then went on to order the car and it said earliest delivery around early to mid August so I waited until the start of July as that would be within the 30 days to get the trade in within the 30 days and then they take €5k off it so it was an absolute waste of everyone’s time as I followed what I thought was the right thing to do instead of going through the whole process twice!

Anyway they won’t be getting my money now pulling that sort of stunt when I tried to do the right thing based on their own timelines!

They won’t care. There’s someone else behind you waiting the car anyway.

Go around the main dealers and see what the trade offer is from them to get a realistic trade in price. pick a car you want and concentrate on the cost to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭maidhc

I think you are being an apologist for a very messy crowd.

…..it’s a car. Pick whatever one you like.

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Exiled Rebel

0.9% APR is excruciatingly tempting at the current price and would still be a deal a few grand more if the EU cuts a deal with China on tariffs in the next few months.

Going with HP if I put 15k down as deposit then the car would be paid off in 37 months by paying ~750 per month. Of course that's on the assumption Finance Ireland don't penalise for paying off the finance early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Conar

At 0.9% even if they do then just setting aside the amount to pay it off early and letting it draw down wouldn't be that much different.

That’s it. Set up a Revolut vault and let it pull from there.
    Even better if you can leave it in the vault earning 3.3% and let it pull from that.
    There’s other options too, N26 @ 4% or Trade Republic at 3.75%.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Exiled Rebel

I have N26 which is where it would be coming from.

• Advertisement

If your on a metal account

You get 4% on fully protected and accessible savings. Elon was right, you may make money from a Tesla after all!

How the hell do we work out what the repayments are at 0.9% with the minimum of 4211 down? The figures on the site are all over the place 🙄

Looked at a few online calculators - best guess is €38607 - €4211(min deposit) - €250 (order fee) = €34146

Repayment of 582 per month with €784 paid in interest over the 5 years

***** No Brainer IMO *****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Lads FFS!

Stop tempting me.

Would love to jump into a fresh M3H, but i'm 3 months shy of 2 years ownership and still have around 30k financed. Tesla offered me 28.6 a couple weeks ago I think. It doesn't really make sense to upgrade does it? I have the USS on mine 😁

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I also have the USS on mine, but am using Tesla Vision since a few updates ago. And quite like it.

Have you driven the new H?

No…and with good reason.

In reality, I don't think I would just get another RWD (and even if I did, it would be red, or the grey I already have), I would want to get a P model, or change over to a Y, both of which are more than I want to spend on and which I really don't need.

I'm putting my money into Solar and battery storage right now.

Stay Free

I done the solar thing back in 2017. I’m done.
    Only thing left for me to do is buy cars now 😂

I won’t be satisfied until all my electricity from the grid is between 2&5am and is paid for in export credits 😁. Addictive stuff!

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I have driven both the new RWD and the LR. I think I would probably go for the RWD if changing, tbh cannot really see the value in the LR, it didn't feel much faster possibly due to the battery being at about 30% for my drive. I like the way the LFP RWD battery holds the same performance down to low battery %. And with solar I like to top up to 100% on the rare sunny days.

Not mad on the new grey and wouldn't pay for the red, but if changing would definitely get the white interior. Really gives it a lift imo.

Haven't yet driven the P, perhaps like you, for good reason.😊

Advertisement