Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,621 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's random, I've never been asked for ID but I've seen other people being asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭drury..

Medics and GPs don't seem to play to the same rules as other services

You're just left waiting if theres a delay no explanations

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,835 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Normally they’d just say hi CJ , but Albert and Heather were at the booth

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Advertisement

Yes Alert and Heather tend to be names of , shall we say , pro union people

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah ok I'm not massively familiar it's usually Joe and Margaret my neck of the woods!

oh Trevor’s Sandra’s Valerie’s , Ruth’s ,Nigel’s etc tend to take the 12th off

TA is watching the election results in Northern Ireland and everyone calls Deidre dear dree . Would they cal someone named François Fran-ko’s . It’s just decency to pronounce someone’s name correctly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

You know that film Fallen...ye well I think for the last few years one of those type of demons is on the loose jumping from body to body trying to get at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Having to interview people for a company you want to leave.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It's been a requirement to have ID to vote as long as I've lived up North anyway and that's since 2009. I remember the hoohaa in the last few years when the legislation was brought in for the rest of the UK but it's been the norm here for much longer than that. The Local Elections (NI) Order 1985 is when the requirement for ID was brought in for NI. It's in Schedule 1 of the order, article 34 (in case you wanna look it up).

My TA is that they moved the polling station for me this time and there were no signposts up directing me to it so google maps took me on some stupid round about walk to get to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sometimes I come and write something.

Then I say that's a bit petty and delete it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Neighbors that slam everything

bang bang bang

The amount of dummies that keep putting in offers on ads without checking location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Jaysis, I always pronounce that name that way!!

TA, having to go to bank machine to take out actual cash, then break it by buying something I don't need, all so I have a euro coin to put air in my tyres 😡

Shouldn't really be an annoyance, I mean ya should have the euro stored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

On Ebay, buying a DVD in error; meant to buy the BD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The problem is the everlasting euro (or €2) coin is never everlasting. Eventually it'll be spent, or in a different pocket or wallet or whatever. That's one of my trivial annoyances. Not having the €2 coin for the trolley in Lidl or Aldi when I think I have it.

Again to play devils advocate that's avoidable with the token on keychain

Either above are avoidable by stocking them

MOD NOTE - The thread is not for rating other people's TA posts. Just for posters to get niggling things off their mind - please remember when posting in future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Mortgage, term loan, Broadband bill, Netflix bill, PS Plus bill and Credit Union deposit all being haemorrhaged from my bank account on the exact same day giving me a grand total of €20 to myself for the entire weekend. On the bright side at least the fridge is well stocked with food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Archeron

Five o clock friday, on the button and it's just started pelting rain.

Also spelling my own name wrong in emails.

People who ring the doorbell and are gone or getting into the car by the time u open the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a quick browse early this am, checking to see the state of play with the uk elections. Happened on Al Jazeera page, which had a handy photo shot of the current results. when I got to the NI results I saw that there was a pic of Marylou by the SF vote figures. I assume they don't know that ML isn't the head of the party in NI or weren't motivated to check the reality for a small "uk" province.

Funny if you don't think too much about it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Some wanker turning at speed in a large SUV into a housing estate on a mobile phone.

Luckily there are no kids around. As they are all addicted to screens inside or are on holidays somewhere else or being driven from a to b because it's too dangerous out there. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,616 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Wikipedia have the same. It would be trivially annoying to figure out what quirky rule they are following... so I wont go there!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Getting a cold to coincide with my two weeks summer leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People working on, unpaid overtime, in their job when they don't have to.

Working at your desk at lunch.

Never understood any of that. Glad I'm out of that scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Charlo30

On a somewhat similar note those office "warriors" who never take a sick day and insist on coming in even though they're snotting all over the place and have the option to work from home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Usually for English, there's one word for that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presenteeism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Me talking to customer: "I'll ring you when your item arrives, so you can collect"

*Next day customer arrives in store

Customer: "hi there, I ordered X"

Me: "no problem, I'll go grab it for you"

*Searching everywhere for customers item but it is nowhere to be seen… starting to panic… did I forget to order… anxiety setting in

Me apologising profusely: "I'm really sorry but there must have been some sort of mix up, your item hasn't arrived yet"

Me: "When exactly did I call you to say that the item had arrived? I just want to check the computer here so we can sort things out"

Customer: "oh no, you didn't didn't call me, I was just passing by so I decided to pop in"

I go through this same scenario every week, if I didn't ring you, it hasn't f**king arrived yet. Often I have other customers waiting in queue too, so it not only wastes my time but the other customers too. So annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

TA people that don't bother ringing you when your item arrives.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I gather up all those plastic bottles and cans, keeping them intact, annoyingly taking up so much room, head off to shop and use the machine, if it's working and get my receipt. Do the shopping.

Without fail, everytime, I forget to use the bloody thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Those receipts expire if they are not used. I think there's a 45 day limit. Found that one out recently because I kept forgetting to use one.

I went to my local Aldi yesterday with a small bag of bottles and cans. The one machine was out of order. It was chucking it down so I didn't bother taking the bag back to the car so I had to lug it around the shop.

Then as I was leaving, the machine was working....but there was a couple with a gigantic bag ahead of me feeding it, so my bottles and cans came home with me. Such a silly scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,616 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They don't expire. There's no basis for a shop to say that, and if they do, they are in the wrong. Happy to discuss more on the thread for that scheme!

They are printed on thermal paper, which is known to fade, so still not wise to leave for too long as if the barcode fades that'd be a TA too.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Took my workspaces apart all week looking for a 4-page doc, each day I took it apart knowing how easy it is to overlook something I'm looking for.

Gave up and paid to reprint and recopy the doc(money I didn't want to have to pay esp as copies are expensive at the closest copy shop)

Rummaging to find another doc (which cost me €50 originally) and found the first doc! Ta'ed I lost two different types of docs and I will be lucky if I can find the original 50€ doc. Honestly, I'm organised and ta'ed I have to pay for things that relocate themselves without my knowledge.!

The bin collectors haven’t taken my bin in weeks. Means I have to ring them

And that google does not know me , putting ads for watches that cost €10000. I wish

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who queue to board flights. I will never understand it. You have an assigned seat, like 🤷

Visitors arriving early

Twice yesterday ffs

Click bait house articles where someone has an amazing house and they love it and it brings them so much happiness blah blah

And then you realise it's just a glorified ad - they are selling the ******* house.

People who illegally park outside religious ceremonies and block the footpath and even the road for emergency vehicles.

Some people just have to drive right up to the door of whatever they're attending

I don't know they do it , must be a nightmare getting away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Ugh I'm becoming cynical.

Being forced to live with compulsives! hoovering at 9.20 am bc I "should" have been up by then(those are my week days hours)

Clunking up and down the stairs now, as I'm not dressed and wasting time on the computer and we going out at 2!!!!

*Everywhere we are going today is open till 8/10 pm.

Freaking exhausting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Advertisement
Advertisement