Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭kksaints

5 points up at the half. Odd match, lots of hard work in the midfield but bar Eoin Cody and his moment of class it hasn't been the best of matches. Backline has done well so far but the forwards have struggled at times. Mullen hasn't been in the match much nor has Donnelly. We've probably left a goal behind us to an extent although the Clare keeper did make a few good saves.

Definitely still a lot to do in the 2nd half. There's a wind here which I think favoured us in that half but it drops in intensity regularly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Hope Kilkenny aren't too complacent now and come out and bury them in the first ten minutes.

They need to finish them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭usualstripes

3 of Clares points came from frees that were in no way near frees. We've a lot to do to put this game away. Too many missed chances will cost us unless we are more clinical. Donnelly and Mullen need to be in the game more.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Should be further ahead. Carey really should have scored a goal. Clare will throw everything at us in the second half. They have nothing to lose really. Flashes of brilliance here and there but not the best game.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Neewollah

Gone back to old flaws here in 2nd half. Long ball being eaten up by Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭C__MC

Self destruct button by kilkenny up against it now

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Rather lose a semi than another final again. Mullen and Donnelly completely off their game

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

Septic

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Marrooned

oh good holy **** how did they cough up that.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Typical kilkenny didn't finish them

Forgarty to come on at the end was game over, you need scores to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭C__MC

A disastrous week for kilkenny hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭me89

Forwards were never in the game, Mullen, Mossy, Cody bar the goal just not in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

That was septic.

Its pretty bad when you are tactically outmaneuvered by Brian Lohan.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭forchange

sorry I said I would wait till all over

Unfortunately everything I told you came through

Minor lost on the line

Under 20 lost on the line

Senior manager lost on the line never should have being appointed manager

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Marrooned

what a shambles of a year

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jamesbond2022

Did you see billy Ryan’s performance today ya gowl 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭me89

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc at

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

I don't think forchange is an anagram of rosita but there must be a connection..no kilkenny man would be so delighted to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jamesbond2022

I thought last weekend couldn’t get any worse one word gutted

Enough of the forwards didn’t click we missed 2-5 if not more in the first half that was the losing of the game

Lawlor got a very strange yellow card in the second half which meant he had to be cautious
    A lot of the same old failings of to much long ball appeared in the second half

If that was Tj Reid’s last performance in a Kilkenny shirt then fair play to him I thought he was immense

Not sure where we go from here so disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭droppingball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Brian017

Oh get lost! You're the worse type of supporter, the Anti-Fairweather supporter. One who only shouts and moans when they lose, stone silence other times

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭droppingball

We should have been out of sight at half time but we didn't deserve it after the missed chances and didn't go well second half.

Sad if that is last we see of TJ, really struggled without scores from Mullen and Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Big rebuild for next year, I can't imagine Walter, Forgarty will be back next year. I also think TJ should leave too, we need to eventually live without him. Time waits for no one. To compound things Limerick will win the 5 and will go down as the greatest ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭deadybai

Abysmal tactics from the management team. Changed nothing in the second half.

Our fitness must be questioned too . How many times have we started like house on fire only to fizzle out ?

I don’t mean to pick on him as I rated him years ago, but why is Walter Walsh on the Kilkenny team ? It can’t be only for his size. I don’t think I’ve seen him catch a high ball since 2017.

The whole county board need to have a look at themselves. They were too arrogant and rested on their laurels. Now the whole of Munster is laughing at us. We are well behind everyone else

Stopping Limerick should have possessed this whole team. Now they are going to waltz to another AI by beating a fairly crap Cork and Clare team.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

Kilkenny fans deserve 10 years of not getting out of Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Really really poor today, TJ scored our last point in the 57th minute… says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭kksaints

Awful second half. Forwards especially Mullen and Donnelly were poor and Keoghan was dreadful but the ball into them was bad. Cody lacks pace, hit the ball directly to him, not for him to run onto. Subs didn't work, Wally was too static and Clare were ready for the high ball directed to him. Phelan was poor this year and made little impact. Fogarty for Ryan when it happened was baffling, we needed more forwards on the pitch not less. TJ was probably our best forward for most of the match but he took two long range frees in the 2nd half that were never on. I mentioned around the Dublin group stage match I think that he should leave them for Murphy or Richie Reid to hit in. The weird momentum that the opposition get when TJ hits a wide is very noticeable at times.

Backline were not as good in the 2nd half, O'Donnell got much more ball and Rodgers caused a lot of problems. Lawlor wasn't bad but the yellow card took him out of the game somewhat. Expected a bit more from Blanchfield and Carey today but in the 2nd half they were under a lot of pressure. The movement of our players in the 2nd half was too limited. Very disappointing result and if Lyng is there next year he needs to find some new forwards and and a corner back and a centre back. There will be a few retirements I'd say and we thank them for the efforts but for some of the bench in particular it's time for them to go before they're pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Comerman

No score for 17 minutes is shocking for an All Ireland semi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭hogans heroes

HOw did we loose that, just leaving the ground as I couldn't believe what happened

Advertisement