Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship (Sam Maguire Cup)

Options
1666768697072»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,669 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Possibly if Dublin got the starting selection correct. I would agree than it was more Dublin losing than Galway winning.

But looking at the match as a whole (ignoring the selection errors from Dublin) Galway defended superbly throughout the whole match and deserved to win it overall.

I have mixed feelings on the match to be honest. As it might have been Dublin's last chance of a Sam for a while. If the starting 15 was different who knows?

But at the same time I can't have any gripe about how the match went because Galway deserved it IMO. It was definitely the best defensive tigerish display I have seen v a Dublin team, since probably from Donegal in 2014.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Three teams that has reached the last 4 play cagey (Kerry,Galway,Armagh) and the most offensive team and who has conceded the most on route to the last four has been Donegal managed by Jim McGuinness who would have guessed that?

Hopefully we get good competitive semi finals and final to close out the year.

For 2025 all Div 1 teams should fancy their chances of giving the All Ireland series a right good rattle and I feel the next decade could see 4 or 5 counties getting their hands on the Sam Maguire title.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,197 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Three teams that has reached the last 4 play cagey (Kerry,Galway,Armagh) and the most offensive team and who has conceded the most on route to the last four has been Donegal managed by Jim McGuinness who would have guessed that?

Going back to his first stint a lot of people incorrectly associate Jimmy's Donegal with defensive football.

It all stems from the 0-09 to 0-06 semi final defeat to Dublin in 2011.

But Donegal realized that that sort of carry on wins nothing, and they were a changed team in 2012.

But people still can't look beyond 0-09 to 0-06.

Advertisement