Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Rapporteur for action plan against racism announced

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I wonder will we have the pleasure of Ms Joseph coming in to our workplaces to tell us how awful us native Irish people are and how much work we have to do to change our nasty ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,197 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If the title was flipped and you had "how to have constructive conversations about race with black people" ... how would that fly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Exactly, she would have a lot to say about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭giseva

She needed to add ".....in their own country" to the title!

She's very much a do as I say not as I do type person.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭cal naughton

She's Ireland's equivalent Diane Abbott and will be equally gaffe prone.

• Advertisement

And of course there's no slavery in Nigeria. I really like this particular point of hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭archfi

No, what you'll have is more newly created paid positions in every business and institution filled with people just like Joseph and I don't mean 'like' as in skin colour, although I'm sure she will kick up a fuss if that isn't the case.

It's in the actual 'National Plan' - the govt parties approved it with the veneer of an 'independent' body (full of people just like Joseph - ie, critical race theorists)

Post edited by archfi on

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I honestly cannot get my head around why anyone would support her dangerous nonsense, or worse, fund it.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

Ethnomasochism, white knighting, virtue signalling, countering their own racist feelings or just sowing discord who knows? Maybe a bit of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Diversity Officers have been a thing in US based multinationals for a few years now.

I know there's one somewhere in my company, but beyond a few emails being popped around a few times a year I'm not sure what they actually do.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joebrosaysno

It is actually quite dangerous to have these "blow ins" capture the public office. I myself am a "blow in" and am literally amazed at how "tolerant" this country is with everyone but the actual people who are born and bred here attempt to tell the Irish how to run their country.

If you go to any of the countries where many of us "blow ins" come from and tell the populace how to run their country I can assure you there would be no "hate speech" laws either to save you from the verbal and possibly (from where I came from) worse onslaught that would come from many of the native population.

Are the Irish blind as to how dangerous this experiment actually is?

There should be no preference given to anyone apart from merit based selection linked to qualification, suitability etc. I have seen how "quota" systems work. Basically whoever outbreeds the other takes over parliament and dictates to the minority who generate the taxes for them to squander.

I hate any forms of racism or intolerance and have experienced it first hand at the hands of an "oppressed" majority and have uprooted my family to escape from it. These "permanent" victims are literally a G-D send for marxist social planners.

“Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small. In my
    study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose
    of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform,
    but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the
    better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being
    told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat
    the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity.
    To assent to obvious lies is in some small way to become evil oneself.
    One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A
    society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine
    political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.”

-Theodore Dalrymple

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The clowns in FF and FG will row in behind this as well.

And don't get me started on Lab, Soc Dems, SF and PBP who will be agreeing with every word that comes out of her mouth.

It's big business for her and her kind (race baiters that is, not a gotcha moment if you're reading this Ebun). If there was no money in it they'd not be as vocal.

Add that to a weak government and some in society afraid of their lives to be accused of anything by non-Irish people, but happy to ignore questions or objections that those in non-agreement may have (all those are racists apparently).

But it boils down to the simple fact that a systematically racist country simply wouldn't give her the lifestyle which she has enjoyed at the expense of all the racists/tax payers in it, so it's all bullsh1t.

I'd personally like to put that to the good Dr.

For such a racist kip she has done extremely well 🤔

Common sense needs to prevail. Yes everyone should have opportunities, and skin colour shouldn't dictate that, though it's ok except when you're white.

Dangerous, racist idiots and permanent victims aren't the answer.

Additionally, DEI/EDI is the biggest crock of **** going.

Post edited by giseva on

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

It is genuinely hilarious this guy said a single sentence about racists and you decided to write this entire fanfiction.

You've "no doubt" he's offended by the triclolour? Based on what? The two other things you said completely made up as well.

You're Shadowboxing with scarecrows

Is it though? A raving lunatic, EJ, labels anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly support her as racist, and even if they do, if they're white, they're racist by default.

And a user on this, known for their carry on, also labels other users giving their opinion about the appointment, as racist.

That's what's genuinely hilarious. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Honestly never heard of this woman before this thread appeared, but from reading she seems to be this side of the ponds Imarn Ayton ….'Activist Motivational Speaker Philosopher: Cynicism, Pragmatism, Liberalism feminist, Critical Theory, Virtue Ethics, Spirituality'

aka absolute whopper, but for whatever reason given a platform or in this one's case a position ….oh the joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I can see her try to bring in a lot of the nonsense that is plaguing American businesses, schools and other where men and white people are told how awful they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭Cordell

I don't see Ireland going the US or even the UK way with the anti white racism, simply because there is no real justification for it and no history of blacks being oppressed here. In anything, well-off nigerians like herself are much more likely to have a history of slave traders in their family than any white living here. Even if there are some feeble attempts now from race baiters like this Ireland hating Nigerian and even some Irish people siding up with GN and his "lovely" family, but in the near future the new generation will be like get the fk out with your lies, there is no institutional racism in Ireland, we went to school together, you had the same opportunity like everyone else, your failure is your fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joebrosaysno

Yes and it's dangerous when a loud minority start to literally dictate to a silent majority in a country that suffered terrible oppression and discrimination. It rubs people up the wrong way especially when these people can seemingly say and do as they please and you are labelled a "racist" if you have any issue with it. Recently I listened to people from zimbabwae praise the genocidal rantings of the EFF in SA and Mugabes destructive actions in Zim so racism goes both ways yet that is overlooked and needs to change immeadiately to stop any resentment between people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement