Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MINI Countryman 2024

Options
  • 05-07-2024 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭

Picked mine up yesterday from Joe Duffy — traded in my iX as I wanted something a bit smaller and a bit less heavy, and I've always loved a Mini.

Drove it around a good bit yesterday, including a lot of motorway driving, and as ever with a Mini it's so much fun. Normally I hate the electric car noise too but this one's is the right type of silly and sci-fi. Also if you put it in "Timeless" mode it sounds like an old Cooper.

Got the SE All4 with Level 3 pack which means 22kW AC charging. I gave that a try today, plugged in for around 20 minutes to an eCars unit while I went in for some shopping. The car was drawing 20kW (there was another car on the second plug so presumably that's why it wasn't a full 22kW) — managed a solid 10% or 6.87kWh in that 20 minutes.

I was plugged in at 12:15pm, so the estimate here to hit 100% at 2:50pm is fab — I have no home charging capabilities anymore, and no potential to add any anytime soon, so this 22kW AC charging is going to be extremely beneficial for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Looks fab. Definitely a contender for a future car of mine. Well wear 🚙

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

How did the deal work? Thinking an iX is worth more than a new Countryman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I’m leasing and was leasing the iX too, so thankfully a relatively small deposit required on the Mini. The iX I’m sure will fetch in the 70s at the very bottom estimate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

No real surprise if you do the math, but I'm really loving the flexibility of 22kW AC charging on this.

Advertisement