Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky converting SD channels to DVB-S2 - will no longer be viewable on certain older receivers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭major deegan

I have an older sky sd box in spare room for uk free channels but they are disappearing one by one lately, I can purchase a sky+hd box in local sat shop and can I just switch this with that older existing box and continue without any other alterations needed? tia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

no the irish sky hd boxes require a UK freesat card.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,539 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Go with a Manhattan Freesat zapper box for the FTA channels, less than €100 via Amazon iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭thebo

Would advise to try and get the sky hd box not the sky+ hd as they have a hard drive in them and usually take ages to boot up waiting on hard drive.

As you can't record on them so no use for hard drive unless you want to take it out for pc but don't think box will run without it.

Advertisement