Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia-Ukraine War (Threadbanned in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭macraignil

With the number of Ukrainians murdered by putin's terrorists it is amazing the Ukrainians are being so restrained in their fight against putin's empire and not striking at civilian targets like putin's forces are doing on a daily basis in Ukraine. With the numbers fighting for Ukraine who have had close relatives murdered under putin's orders I would be very slow to criticise if a few of them were found to have not been able to control their aggression towards the invading forces. I wont however be reading anything posted here by a disingenuous putin supporter who tries to claim neutrality and being objective while ignoring the wrong doings of the aggressor in putin's terrible war of conquest and the terrorist activities of putin's cowards. Their claims that Ukraine are not content to make peace with a war criminal who has ordered the deaths of thousands and millions of lives to be destroyed to satisfy his delusions have no basis in reality and should be ignored like the rest of the pro putin h******it they bring to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭josip

"My recommendation back in 2022"

Not bad for a poster with a join date of February 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

Irish bronze age people who lived in places like Craggaunowen understood the importance of planning for the future. I remember seeing a clay pile that was hip height there, it was filtered, refined and packed be to used for the makers grandchildren. The nature is in us to plan ahead but due to globalisation we are forced to take into account far away troubles and we're easily distracted, understandably.

Social media has been underestimated in its impact on us, it is the ultimate time compression of ideas and thoughts. Imagine if Hitler or Stalin had that ability? Trump and Putin do.

I have relations whose heads have been twisted by brain rot on social media, keep an eye on your loved ones it can fester in minds anywhere.

The minute we are born we are in a relay race and we should be careful we aren't handing off a stick of dynamite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Based on crapping out a defective link? Do better.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭engineerws

This one.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/aborted-peace-deal-could-be-basis-ukraine-talks-says-kremlin-2024-04-12/

There's lots on it if you google around. Many commentators maintain that the US wrecked the deal via the Boris Johnson intervention.

I was so upset at the time that it was allowed to fall apart. Nobody can trust Putin was the refrain. Who can trust the USA or UK? Anyway, we'll never know, I keep reading stuff that Putin cannot be trusted from USA sources, the same USA which was involved in 108 wars since WW2.

https://english.news.cn/20220902/735703a45cfd458791179d4c0a80e727/c.html

We'll never know because peace was not given a chance. I'm guessing some people will just ignore the fact that Russia kept saying arming Ukraine and making it part of NATO was a security red line for them propr to the war. Everything was unprovoked. Putin would be in Lisbon now if the April 2022 peace deal was allowed to pass, etc.

• Advertisement

Worked for me. Here it is again linked.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/06/world/europe/ukraine-russia-killings-us.html

Edit: Not working, just copy paste if you want.

ya i watched a video yesterday on the war losses and the russians have surpassed the 1k T-72 destroyed, abandoned, disabled or non recoverable mark. they are now dipping into the T-64 junk pile and having to train conscripted men from the hinterlands to operate them, poor bastards at least they'll get a quick death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭amandstu

Imagine Ukraine not wanting to be part of Russia and needing support to fight off an invasion(and earlier destabilizations).

Ah ,what the fuc ?Who cares about them .?Let them just be displaced to the West.

What's that ?You don't want them?Russia will "take care" of them?

Maybe ,like Trump you trust Putin over his own intelligence agencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

All of what you just put up has been debunked many times over.

Boris Johnson did not wreck any deal.

Excuse me if I don’t swallow blatant Russian lies and propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,461 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Where are your posts from 2022 on this deal then? Own up.

There was no deal in 2022. I remember some lies being peddled about a so called peace deal back then too. Russian propaganda dumps lapped up by those who like that sort of thing.

There was no deal.

News of Russian atrocities and previous Russian record of breaking agreements convinced Ukraine that Russia could not be trusted to engage in good faith.

Ukraine gave peace a chance with Russia. The peace as per Budapest. Russia violated it.

Russia launched an unprovoked attack on Ukraine. Fact.

Ukraine is entitled to ally with or join NATO as per the NATO Russia Founding Act and Budapest Agreement. Fact.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Behind paywall. I'm going to leave it at that I think.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

If I was Vietnamese, Laotian, Cambodian, Iraqi, Palestinian, Iranian, Afghani, Egyptian, Syrian, Libyan, Bolivian, Nicaraguan, Haitian, Cuban, Kenyan, Ukrainian, Venezeulan, etc. I'd probably trust the Russian's over the American's.

Sadly, I don't keep a diary. I spoke to my very pro war neighbour and others. I couldn't believe the deal was allowed to collapse so easily but after seeing what's happened in Palestine, not surprised anymore.

Anyway, back to work for me.

they have subscriptions to the nytimes and every other western newspaper on Orwell road. sloppy work forgetting about paywalls vatnik. you hardly have a copy of The Sims 3 you could loan me?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The accused in question in this particular article isn't even Ukrainian, Greek volunteer.

And the thing here is, it's not about you, you are already fully onboard. The trouble comes when the people who aren't fully onboard read these articles and that a blind eye was turned to murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Polar101

Russian propaganda seems to be based on a hope that collective amnesia exists in the West. Remember how in January 2022 they kept saying there will be no invasion and that the troops massed on borders of Ukraine are only American propaganda? After the initial invasion failed in the North and the East (but somewhat succeeded in the coastal areas) there were several rounds of talks, but Russia talking peace while at the same time murdering civilians in Mariupol wasn't exactly believable. But now it has been rewritten to "the West prevented the peace deal".

Russia lies and breaks treaties.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭thereitisgone

So you are saying as an Irish person that you trust the Russians more than America to protect Ireland

So you would welcome Russian warships in Galway

Are you? And you trust the Russians over Trump's intelligence agency?

So you are a fan of one man genocidal ,assassinatorial rule?

Do you think the citizens in your list of countries feel the same way?

Are you looking for a hand out to emigrate to Russia too?

Or will you just wait for Trump to be elected and emigrate there?

• Advertisement

The contents of the article are not clear to me because as I said already I'm not going to read anything posted here by a disingenuous putin supporter who only has time to post articles negative about Ukraine and engage in promoting some kremlin sponsored fantasy that putin invaded Ukraine while at the same time offering peace and a way out for them from the terrible situation of joining a defensive pact between countries that do not think being invaded by putin should be tolerated. You re posting a link from the one sided argument they present on behave of the aggressor in the conflict has no real benefit and I don't see the trouble you are talking about as those feeble minded enough to swallow kremlin propaganda will in my opinion not be sufficient in numbers to influence the conflict where almost everyone can see Ukraine has a right to defend itself form putin's terrorists.

Like whack a mole with these Bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Howya 'Mick', good to hear from you again. I suppose more free time on yer hands these days. Link us to the article or report or post where you advised us of this back in 2022.

You can't just hide your head in the sand man, la Pen is close to getting a majority in France, AfD is on the march in Germany and god forbid Joe doesn't step aside and we have Trump as NATO head. Coming down heavy on this stuff is an important part of the propaganda/information war.

And it's an article from the New York Times, not RT, it's going to carry a lot more weight and be seen by a lot more people.

Not to mention the plain old morality of it.

Nope, I'm Irish.

I trust the American ideologues to stupidly cause wars.

I don't know much about the Russians, they don't seem to have the soft power like the American's to lie whenever they want. The Russian's seem ruthless when they are finally provoked into attacking and unlike the USA, they are prepared to take heavy casualties.

Post edited by engineerws on

I suppose they were “provoked” into attacking Georgia, Checyna, Afghanistan etc etc??

Nothing to do with them being a dictatorship and having no other tools than mass casualties?

"finally provoked into attacking" is the verbiage of a complete gobshite.

Look up what they did in Chechnya in 1994

Or should I say, starting in 1994

I have the right to choose where I get my media articles and information from and it is not going to be from an unapologetic pro putin social media poster. I don't call that hiding my head in the sand.

Even if putin has some friends in the far right political spectrum in some other countries his military has been decimated and is hemorrhaging huge losses every day they stay in Ukraine so time is not on his side no mater how many social media posts would like to pretend it is. Support for Ukraine will continue and they are not as weak as putin would like to pretend they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Well, ''personally'' I have a good idea. The side that doesn't allow the UN and Human Rights NGOs to operate in its territory. The side that Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have condemned for multiple violations of human rights. The side which has several people in authority who are wanted by the ICC. The side that openly boasts about it's crimes and calls for more. The side whose soldiers openly chat about murder, torture, rape and pillage on social media. The side that has kidnapped thousands of children. The side that returns POWs in prisoner exchanges looking like they've just walked out of Changi.

Advertisement