Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company didn't pay for sick leave

• 07-07-2024 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I ended up leaving work during a shift because I got a headache one day. I informed a supervisor that I'd have to go and why. Anyway the thing is that I was after having a disagreement with another supervisor about an hour prior to this, which I didn't think a whole lot of to be honest.

I found out when I arrived back to after two days out, that management ended up thinking that I left work because I was annoyed with the other supervisor. I explained that it had nothing to do with him, and I was told "it's just the way it looks". I got a sick cert from the doctor for 3 days, which included the day I left work. I was told that I'm going to be sent to the CMO in a few weeks. After this I got a phone call to say that I'd get paid for the two days I was out, plus for part of the shift that I hadn't worked. But I didn't get paid for any of this. There's two days listed for sick pay on that pay slip but zero pay along side it.
    They're obliged to pay it, so I'm wondering are they just trying to make me panic, or lure me back in to talk to me further. I'm going to call to payroll tomorrow (before I go to management) to see if there's any explanation for it. It's a public sector company so I'm quite surprised.

Any advice would be appreciated

Post edited by Will Graham on

Comments

Advertisement