Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Out of Season 2024

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Getting earlier every year!

**shakes fist**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BK5

Mortimer and Whitehouse gone fishing Christmas special was on telly earlier.

It's Christmas in Poplar! 🎅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My Mrs went & bought a new matt for outside our front door, so the Christmas one finally got binned!! Did well to last until the may b/h weekend in fairness.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Oh and a heads up to anyone who listens to the 'Cant wait for Christmas' podcast, Aprils episode discusses 'Christmas shoes'

🤮

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I got an email newsletter from Lookfantastic.com this morning that included a bit about their Christmas shop being open! Not sure if that is a year round thing or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I watched the Holdovers last night not realising it was a film set at Christmas (the director doesn't want it considered just a Christmas film but its deffo more definitively a Christmas film than die hard).

It was a lovely gentle watch. The way it was filmed made it feel nostalgic and even though I hadn't seen it before it felt familiar. It had some melancholy but overall I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think there's a bit of the new irish film 'So That they may face the rising sun' is set at Christmas

On site with a multinational client earlier this morning, looking at doing some works to their large reception area and when prompting them for information re: various possibilities they advised us that their Christmas tree location in the reception area was 100% off limits. Loving the priorities!

Ha ha , love it, they have got it right.

On your way into the Tayto factory there is a plastic statue of Mr.Tayto. I have long campaigned that there should be a small evergreen tree planted beside him for the sole purpose of putting lights on it during the season. I just don't have the clout to authorize it :)

• Advertisement

Santa in the form of Bruce Springsteen gave festive cheer to the Cork crowd tonight

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7CqJLysqGO/?igsh=MTY3bzZxdGhpeGZ6OA==

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I heard on the radio that someone held up a sign that said 222 days to Christmas. Was anyone from here at Bruce last night??! 😂

Clearly Cork folk (well that one anyway) can't count… today is day 222!!! 😉

They played it on the breakfast show on Nova this morning, was great listening toa Christmas tune in May on the radio!!

Dee Woods did point out that if notorious grinch PJ Gallagher was in the studio he'd be going nanas!! But she was more than happy to play it (which is good given she joined the Christmas FM team last year too!!)

I did double check the countdown before posting that and thought the same!

Santa presented the cup to Celtic yesterday for winning the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Went to Christy Moore last night and he sang Fairytale of New York in honour of Shane McGowan

Was flicking through an American movies channel on the fire stick and stumbled across Last Christmas starring Emilia Clarke at 8pm. Was so tempted to watch it because I like the film, like Emilia Clarke and it's full of George Michael songs.

• Advertisement

Saw an ad on the telly last night that Great! Romance is going Christmas in June with their Hallmark movies Monday the 10th from 2pm.

Channels are Freeview 52, Sky 319 & Virgin 424.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I admire anyone who can watch a Christmas film in the summer. I just couldn't 😂😂

Same. Especially those awful hallmark tupe ones. I appreciate some here like them but I just can't take to them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Well if this cold June continues it’s probably exactly what I’m going to do 🤪

But but if you don't watch them how will you know whether or not the woman has saved her fathers toy, shoe, flower or bakery business? 😊

Thought it was a given she/he does 🤣 rinse and repeat....🤣🤣

• Advertisement

I'd say if you suggested mixing it up, you'd be sacked in seconds by those channels. I keep trying to watch them every now and again but just can't get stick with them. I keep telling myself - you should love everything that has anything to do with Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bring.

It.

On.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good job going here. I have the belly but my beard is not there at all.

Don't have the beard and am trying to lose the belly! Don't think I could be jolly for 8 hours straight either ha ha

• Advertisement

Mines predominantly white nowadays!

Beard has been white for a while though 😉

Ha ha ha , when I don't shave for a week the oul stubble is a lot more salt than pepper alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Jude13

My beard is not white its just very very very very blonde…that's what I tell my kids.

"English not required" But how will he understand my list of Christmas demands wishes? 😳

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

OH came home this morning from seeing his mother at the weekend. She was doing (another 🙄) clear out and gave him a few things including an old Christmas decoration from his grandmother. It took him a while to realise that was where it had come from. Unexpected in the middle of June!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭A cup of te

I bought After Eights for 3.50 in Tesco (I think) and the date was Feb 2025. It's a tradition for me to have them for New Year's so that's an early bit of Christmas shopping for me.

My wonderful mam got me this. First Christmas pressie of the year. She knows me well:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Time to Book the Christmas Party 😀🎅

Home Alone on E4 last night, Daddy's Home 2 on one of the Sky Movies channels and the Not Going Out Christmas Panto edition was on Dave or something.

With the Hallmark Christmas movies on the go at the moment it felt like Dec 22nd on the telly.

Well except for the big Summer soccer tournament going on at the moment.😁

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/harrods-christmas-bear-2024-noah-34cm-22959634

Harrods have launched their Christmas bear for 2024, meet Noah!

Aaaw, look at his little Christmas jumper. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Not really my kind of thing but he would make a lovely Christmas present for someone.

I have a little bear from Harrods that I think I bought in 2007 or 2008. He certainly didn't cost £40 though!

amen!

Saw 1000s of Christmas puds ready to go in May a few years ago, to be fair they didn't go on sale until later in the year though.

Christmas at mcvities starting on channel 4 now!

I would totally buy a pie in July if I saw them for sale! 😄

• Advertisement

Not a white chocolate fan but craving a white chocolate digestive biscuit with a cuppa now big time.

Advertisement