Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach Experience Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭AX612

Not sure as I was only informed but very well could've been the same one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Tow

They are using the yellow 161 Sprinter on the Dundrum to Airport now. It has an issue shifting out of first gear, required the engine to be shutoff to reset the system.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,892 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This thread should just be called the "Dubin Coach Breakdown Thread" at this stage or maybe "DC breakdown of the day!"

Seriously though, the fact that this lot are still allowed to operate with vehicles and practises that are far below what anyone should reasonably expect says more about the NTA than anything really.

Another noisy Government quango that in reality fails miserably at even the most basic tenents of its remit - much like the RSA in that regard whose only "strategy" seems to be to be slapping lower limits and cameras everywhere rather than tacking the real issue - enforcement and education.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameslee23

after getting the last 12 double-decker today

They've brought a Vanhool back.. brave! 😂

• Advertisement

they definitely gonna have to consider purchasing some secondhand double-deckers as they’re now running short on coaches

I was on the 12-KE decker today, first time I've seen it in ages. Got it to Red Cow from Portlaoise (my usual commute) and it was clear this had gearbox issues. Gears were struggling and refusing to change and it just revved like mad until the gears eventually changed, almost like red lining!

Bad bad coach, shouldn't be on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭thebourke

Is anybody finding the dublin coach service time keeping seems to be getting worse from dublin aiport?

i arrived back into dublin for 6pm bus service to red cow roundabout.

I had to wait an hour and a half before dublin coach showed up.

There should have been 3 buses scheduled in that timeframe according to that website.

got the 08KE home now when I was getting off the bus, the door was closing in my face and the driver had to hold the door open and I was saying this bus is battered and he was like the window wipers. Don’t even work on it or anything and I was like hopefully there be new double-deckers this summer, and he said doubt it

Theres a Tourismo on the 600 this morning and the King Long is on the 750 Dundrum route..

If you think about it they've not bought anything since 2019, and before you say about the Scania's being a 221 reg they're were purchased before covid happened and were delayed because of covid. The only bus they've really bought in the last 5 years is that 2006 Citaro and apparently that was on the verge of going for scrap too!

• Advertisement

u also forgotten in 2019 they got the 161 sprinter and the 162 Volvo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

There was 2 of the old buses on the 600 today. One was carrying advertisng for M1 service.

I hope its temporary possibly T Swift demand is higher on 300.

Yea some older single decker coaches are on the 600 recently.. Scania deckers giving trouble I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭91wx763

Post edited by 91wx763 on

personally I think at this point that they need to put JJ kavanagh on the 726 route as it’s getting really bad now

the green bus would not get that 🤣

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

On the KK to Cork bus now. The smell from the waste tank on the bus is overwhelming, making me feel a bit sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Declan1965

Used to get the kildare to the airport for work on a regular basis, used to be roasting during summer on the upper deck and freezing in winter.

Smell of diesel fumes were overhealming. Most were the 09 KE and not the most reliable.

I tried to close one of the curtains on one of their newer ones the other day and it spelt like piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That is beyond disgusting. I wouldn't like to feel someone else's toilet business after we had gone through Covid.

What reg was on the coach?

• Advertisement

the 08 Browne coach

Did you ever make it to work on time? 🙃

Yea air conditioning doesn't seem to be a thing on most of the fleet. All of the 09-KE deckers are gone now thankfully, the state of them. They've got two 12-KE ones still but they're barely using them too, they're just as bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Most Scania on 600 from what I can tell. I agree some could do with a deep clean.

Bus broken down on N7 and there was another in a lay by on M9. Low loader there but not sure if that was to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭patrickc

I passed a sorry looking Tourismo today, and it sounded like a wheel was loose on it

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Saw one of their Mercedes coaches on the back of a truck on the M50 a short while ago.

even on their fleet list the most recent one I had a look at and it says they only have two of the 161 left

I saw a Tourismo on the 600 the other day on Burgh Quay

142-KE Tourismo on the 726 yesterday and only one wiper working!!

Vanhool 12KE6402 is back on the 726 today

600 got diverse onto the 726 as they had no buses for the last hour

• Advertisement

there’s only 14 Mercedes coach is left now

Advertisement