Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia-Ukraine War (Threadbanned in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

For somebody who says they don't know much about the Russians, it's wild that you're claiming to be in the know and justifying handing territory over to the Russians. The same Russians who are committing genocide in Ukraine. Doesn't sound like a great deal for those who will be subjected to genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

New and updated 2024 version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

The Russian's seem ruthless when they are finally provoked into attacking and unlike the USA, they are prepared to take heavy casualties.

Probably Definately the dumbest post Ive read all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Lot of competition today.

Did you miss the post where it was claimed Russia is a democracy because that is what the Constitution says!

Next up... it is not an invasion because Russia said it was a special military operation.

Remember this is the same Russia who openly lied about the contents of the Budapest Agreement after they had violated it.

But sure Russia negotiate in good faith and it is all the fault of Boris Johnson.

It is a loyalty test in Russia how outrageous they can lie in their propaganda and you have to go along with it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭scottser

Now, I'm no intellectual like engineerws and other peaceniks like him on here but here's how I see it.

Russia are Kunts, pure and simple. They'll have the eye out of your head and despise you for letting them take it. The West are kunts but in a nice-ish way where they'll do anything to rip you off but they are supposed to care about your feelings while doing it. Ukraine were reared by aforementioned absolute Russian kunts and now want to be like our kunts, who despite all their kunty flaws aren't so bad, as kunts go. It's a basic human right to choose which pack of kunts you're governed by.

So. All you kunts spouting pro Russian propaganda are really just a pack of stupid kunts for not recognising an absolute kunt from a halfway decent kunt, and if you live your life that way you are properly fucked because you will always be kunted upon and you'll never realise it. This makes you a sad kunt and to be honest there is no worse kunt than a sad kunt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

While much of this list is factually incorrect, including Ukraine and Syria is actually just vile and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Remember readers, Russia invaded Ukraine to denazify it.

It must be true Russia said so!

The same Russia with a large neo nazi faction whose mercenary wing is named after Hitlers favourite composer Wagner!

There is a denazification operation going on in Ukraine alright. It involves the hundreds of thousands of Russian and Wagner casualties - raping murdering fascist scum. Ukraine is the one killing Nazis.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

You can't just hide your head in the sand man, la Pen is close to getting a majority in France …

That post aged well! Four hours later, Le Pen finds herself relegated to third place in a three-horse race. Damned reality - keeps getting in the way of a good dose of doom-mongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I missed Syria…If Russia is the Soviet successor (and Russia is resurrecting the old Soviet iconography of late), poster probably should have left the Afghans off the list as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Good, I certainly won't be complaining that she didn't get enough votes. I still think putting your fingers in your ears and going la-la-la when it comes to war crimes on our side is the wrong way to go about it.

Can you give an update on where the left wing alliance stand on in Ukraine/Russia?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It doesn't massively matter, foreign policy is pretty much the President's domain.

Multiple potential Ukrainian violations have been highlighted in the past and many more will happen. For the most part someone, be it the armed forces or even the President, have declared they will be investigated and people punished if found guilty. There is also little point in acting shocked that they occasionally happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

It's an alliance - there are several different points of view on the matter. France's support for Ukraine (or Gaza for that matter) was not a major concern for voters in this election, especially in the second round. You'll have to wait until we see the complexion of whatever government is formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭vixdname

Do you get double time for working in a bot farm on a Sunday ?

Also, do you get said overtime paid in potatoes, bags of onions or Chinese Yuan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭junkyarddog

I saw 40+ posts,so thought something had happened.

But no,just a troll with the usual troll BS!🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,107 ✭✭✭threeball

3 pages of absolute shíte and one post with fake info from the Indians who at this stage have as much credibility as the Russians seen as they're coining it refining Russian oil and passing it off as their own whilst buying Russian military junk in the process. Themselves and the Chinese, two peas in a pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭vixdname

Good to see the far right getting a kicking in the French elections this evening - Moscow not happy - Kyiv happy

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

I believe Fr. Dougal McGuire with the news before I'd believe anything from an Indian news channel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Beautifully put Sir.

Aye we got the full Vatnik talking points list today alright. Easily discounted. Russian propaganda, even more than most propaganda, relies on very short memories. It generally seems to run on a monthly cycle. That and throwing as much confusion into the mix as possible. I suspect because that's what worked with the home crowd, so they figured it could be exported. To be fair to them, to some degree it can. EG western conspiracy nuts, who the Kremlin have certainly focused on. If you know/read/listen to any Western conspiracy theorist(Do your own research man!) it's a near certainty they're a recently minted Russian supporter. I know a few in Real Life© and their amnesia and ability to memory hole the past can be quite staggering and not just on this subject.

I always found the Boris Johnson thing laughable and for a few reasons. For a start this is the same Boris who was in bed with "connected" Russians in the UK, even got a peerage for one, who visited ex KGusedtoB high rollers in Italy when he was the UK foreign secretary(unaccompanied) and rattled the UK's intelligence services about his connections so much they went public with their misgivings. Secondly the Boris tale only got trotted out many months after the Russians legged it from Kiev. It took a year before putin said he had documents to prove it, which got memory holed themselves. Their original story was it was a Tactical Feint™. Remember that? It was a big talking point at the time. Russian simps apparently don't remember, though they repeated it ad nauseam at the time. Most of all we know it's 24 karat bollocks because the talks he was supposed to have scuppered continued for a month after he came and went. They hope you forgot that too. Well, it's been a few years…

They've also memory holed the biolabs, the weaponised birds and insects, dirty bombs, gas attacks, German troops in German tanks, a Russian coup that never happened, never you mind, etc. Remember the recent horrific terror attack in Moscow blamed on Ukraine in a roundabout way? Of course you do. It seems they don't any more. Totally off the Vatnik feed.

As for the one of the few consistent lines; whataboutism re America's wars, they hope you forget that post WW2 until the 91 the vast majority of those wars were proxies with the Soviets/Chinese. Post 91 and the Soviet Union falling on its arse America was left with a military hard on and nowhere obvious to stick it, but soon found a few places. Meanwhile Russia in between crazy internal lawlessness and hardship in the 90's was also happy to invade neighbouring nations and kept doing it.

Now I find it interesting in the mindset that it does seem - and we can read that earlier - you'll note your Vatnik makes the distinction between fighting/invading nations at a distance like the US does and invading neighbours like Russia does. The latter is alright and above board, the former a heinous sin. They also have the same blindspot when it comes to the Russian Empire and how it came to be. IE the Brits/French etc were imperialistic bastards because they went overseas to colonise and conquer, but Mother Russia was OK because they went overland. I know a few Russians, like them too, but it's staggering how blind this particular blindspot is.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

A new high jump record has been set at the Meeting De Paris of 2.10 metres.

Ukrainian Yaroslava Mahuchikh has set a new record from a previous in 1987.

Putin is going dammit she was supposed to be Russian not the non existant country of Ukraine.

Good on ye Yaroslava. Ukrainians, the greatest people in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭jmreire

Bear in mind that these are the patches you can see…..Imagine what going on in the places you cannot see……

• Registered Users Posts: 13,902 ✭✭✭✭josip

Anyway, back to work for me

Followed shortly after by 3 more posts from you. Would it be impolite to ask, "Is this your work?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I have seen numerous reports of Russia getting recruits from overseas, Ethiopia, Cuba for example. Seems they are tricking these people into it by promising them other work and then sending them to Ukraine. Can't say I've much sympathy for anyone willing to go and help the Russians in any capacity tbh. However could this unfortunately be a solution to Russian manpower issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭amandstu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Well I saw a news report of long lines at the Russian embassy in Addis Ababa of young men applying for "work visas" so who knows if they are offering enough money to people in the 3rd world I'm sure plenty would take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭amandstu

Word would get back pretty quick if they were being shipped to Ukraine.

Maybe they know it and are happy to fight for a rouble or two but if this is being done duplicitously I wouldn't think too many would sign up.

Advertisement