Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Local Radio (WLR)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

That's simply outrageous. Rick is still a gifted broadcaster and I'm sure his show draws huge numbers. Hopefully this will be resolved soon and Rick will be back where he belongs, on the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JimWinters

I have heard and read elsewhere that he was offered a new contract and refused to sign it. Something to do with a setting a future retirement age. Hardly outrageous for a fella who’s nearly 70 and has fallen asleep on air on more than one occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

Jaysus,he's been playing the same songs for almost 50 years,,give someone else a go for chrissakes...

Post edited by niallo76 on

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭curmudgeonly

exactly the story I was told. He was told going on air was defacto signing the contract and walked .

Started the social campaign the next day through a proxy.

Rick loves Rick and no one else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Gardner

some of the stuff about him on Redit would open your eyes about the type of person he is if it's true. people have been hoodwinked into backing him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blacksuir

Was Rick sacked or taken off air in the past for something he said on air, supporting some Phaedo as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

One of the allegations coming from soneone who revealed their identity and they worked at the broadcast centre. There must be something to do it if multiple people are saying that same thing.

Advertisement