Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Malahide Castle, Sunday 7th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Asking this again if anyone has any tips. Unfortunately only option tomorrow is driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

if you download the Evntz app, you can pay €20 and book a parking slot at Malahide castle. All still available up until 7pm entry, so doesn’t look too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Lashing down for 20mins just now. Forecast similar tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Met Eireann weather doesn't look as bad as it did.. maybe just a few showers earlier in evening hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

If you are travelling from Coolock/Santry area, go in the secondary road not the main way in, I think it's the R124, there is a couple of places with long drives with parking and a 10 minute walk, you will probably see a lot doing similar along that road, our other option was drive to the nearest dart station and get that but found parking easy enough. I paid for parking for the killer's just the week before at the same venue and it took 2 hrs to get out of the carpark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

have a spare golden circle ticket if anyone here would like to take it - 71.05 is the rrp, i'll sell it for 50

first to pm…

Post edited by ablelocks on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

or alternatively, on ticketmaster now @ €48.50 if that's preferable to ticket transfer

edit - sold, hopefully to a boardsie

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I have a gold circle ticket for sale if anyone is tempted to make a last minute dash / swim just drop me a PM.

It's a hard copy ticket, so can meet in the City Centre or Malahide.

Ticket now Sold

Post edited by RolandGoose on

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

Looks like the weather is improving 🙏

just the odd shower it looks like, will take that. On the dart at seapoint, hopefully make it in for Echo & The Bunnymen….enjoy all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

What a gig! Amazing, as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Sensational gig that was…….6th time seeing them and that was the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

That was an absolutely brilliant gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Did they go the way out to the dart at the end? The baddies killed the power?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

We were to the right of the stage in the Gold Circle, they went past us on their way out when they went into the guest area beside the stage.

Post edited by nc6000 on

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

What an amazing gig!

The walk about at the end was crazy. They went right by us 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stunning gig.. had a ball!

Beautiful evening too

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Powerful band. Some show. The whole of funeral was so captivating. The crowd were great too, as was the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭fafy

very impressive, full of theatrics, and a great crowd, perfect weather too, and as usual they put a lot into the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Couldn't believe how seamless it was getting in & out with parking. Genuinely impressed with the organisation.

Arrived just in time for Echo & The Bunnymen, wouldn't listen to them much, but they were solid.

Funeral was class. Great to hear a few tunes from it you wouldn't usually get live. It was class, and it looked like they were loving the reaction.

Second half was good, Reflektor, Afterlife, Suburbs, Sprawl, all good. Body is a Cage is an odd one, but can't critique Win's delivery.

Great weather too. Just a solid night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

There's alot to be said for gigs not selling out. Really easy getting around, virtually no queues at the bars or toilet and had a nice spot beside the sound booth all night. I made my way towards the back for sprawl ll and was on a dart home in 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

The sound quality was incredible - everything was so crisp and nothing lost in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Went to Download for a few years running, and the lower selling years were always the best because of this. You still get "Jesus, that's a lot of people who are into the same things I'm into" but with the added bonus of being able to zip in and out of crowds and a minimum of queues. You'd actually have the space to talk to more random strangers too.

did the same, hopped on the first dart and was back in city centre in no time.

incredible gig, really enjoyed it. 6th time seeing them and They still know how to put on a show. Shame to miss the very end, but got to hear the last couple of songs walking out. Will definitely catch them again next time they’re in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

My first time seeing them live and I was blown away. Great live performance l, great sound, great crowd.

And I got out of the carpark in 2 minutes! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Paid €20 return for Marathon coaches back into town. Well worth the money and will be using them again for any Malahide gig. Was in the Gold Circle right til the end, then strolled out back to the meeting point and straight on with no queuing and the bus was moving within five minutes. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Croftman

First time seeing them and it was incredible. Absolutely loved every second of it & wished it had of gone on another 2 hours! Funeral was just unreal, really was.

Stayed right to the end, just edged across to the exit for the carpark but probably didn't need to. No hassle getting out and was back home within an hour. Same getting in, no issues at all.

Great evening including the weather thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

2nd time seeing them. 1st time was at electric picnic. Not the famous 1st one but 2nd one they played.

I remember being exhausted after that one and this one too. Feet killing after all the 🕺.

They have so many energy, it's incredible to be a part of the crowd. And what a crowd it was too.

And the rain kept away.

I think this location is the best of the outdoor venues.

A few bevvies in the village beforehand then buy a few Tins in the off licence for the walk in. What a night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Super gig and the rain holding off was an unexpected bonus. Great set list, very little complaint with it bar I'd have liked to hear Intervention. The sound was excellent too.

They seemed very appreciative of the reception they got.

• Advertisement

Advertisement