Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Assistant

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Just wondering if anyonce can help as to why this automation did not run and what I did wrong in setting it up.

alias: Discharge Battery
    description: ""
    trigger: platform: time
    at: input_datetime.saturday_discharge
    condition:condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.solarman_battery_soc
    above: 30
    action:service: script.solis_test
    data: {}
    mode: single

I created a helper for it to run every Saturday at 8am.

I see nothing in the logs it did not appear to run at all but will run manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

input_datetime.saturday_discharge has both a date and a time component. The date looks to be in the past as well, so that will never trigger.

Perhaps change the helper to a time only helper, and add a condition that the day of the week must be a Saturday?

Thanks Jonathan

Just got a chance to look at it again and forgot I was using the simple scheduler addon so just added a task at 8am Saturday to enable discharge by calling the script to change from self use to time of use.

service: script.appdaemon_passthrough
    data:
    action: inverter_write_holding_register
    register_addr: "{{ 43110 }}"
    register_value: "{{ 35 }}"

I have the charge and discharge times set on the inverter.

Then I created an automation to avoid the batteries completely running out before 9am before I can charge from the grid free of charge.

alias: Disable Discharge 15%
    description: ""
    trigger: type: battery_level
    platform: device
    device_id: 1f5534720341be55385dd8ea5d660601
    entity_id: 631a521c23d7f4377dc76a5b88b7e411
    domain: sensor
    below: 15
    for:
    hours: 0
    minutes: 0
    seconds: 10
    condition: []
    action:service: script.solis_disable_grid_charging
    data: {}
    mode: single

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Good stuff. I haven't used Simple Scheduler, but I do use the Scheduler integration for setting up "disposable" tasks/reminders (it has an option to delete after executing). That whole area could do with improving in HA IMHO.

It really could. I had completely forgot I had setup Simple Scheduler well over a year ago when I could not figure out how to create a schedule based on a day and time.

It was only when I went digging again after your reply I realised how the other Saturday tasks ran without issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement