Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Some wanker turning at speed in a large SUV into a housing estate on a mobile phone.

Luckily there are no kids around. As they are all addicted to screens inside or are on holidays somewhere else or being driven from a to b because it's too dangerous out there. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 30,581 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Wikipedia have the same. It would be trivially annoying to figure out what quirky rule they are following... so I wont go there!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Getting a cold to coincide with my two weeks summer leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People working on, unpaid overtime, in their job when they don't have to.

Working at your desk at lunch.

Never understood any of that. Glad I'm out of that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Charlo30

On a somewhat similar note those office "warriors" who never take a sick day and insist on coming in even though they're snotting all over the place and have the option to work from home

• Advertisement

Usually for English, there's one word for that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presenteeism

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Me talking to customer: "I'll ring you when your item arrives, so you can collect"

*Next day customer arrives in store

Customer: "hi there, I ordered X"

Me: "no problem, I'll go grab it for you"

*Searching everywhere for customers item but it is nowhere to be seen… starting to panic… did I forget to order… anxiety setting in

Me apologising profusely: "I'm really sorry but there must have been some sort of mix up, your item hasn't arrived yet"

Me: "When exactly did I call you to say that the item had arrived? I just want to check the computer here so we can sort things out"

Customer: "oh no, you didn't didn't call me, I was just passing by so I decided to pop in"

I go through this same scenario every week, if I didn't ring you, it hasn't f**king arrived yet. Often I have other customers waiting in queue too, so it not only wastes my time but the other customers too. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

TA people that don't bother ringing you when your item arrives.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I gather up all those plastic bottles and cans, keeping them intact, annoyingly taking up so much room, head off to shop and use the machine, if it's working and get my receipt. Do the shopping.

Without fail, everytime, I forget to use the bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Those receipts expire if they are not used. I think there's a 45 day limit. Found that one out recently because I kept forgetting to use one.

I went to my local Aldi yesterday with a small bag of bottles and cans. The one machine was out of order. It was chucking it down so I didn't bother taking the bag back to the car so I had to lug it around the shop.

Then as I was leaving, the machine was working....but there was a couple with a gigantic bag ahead of me feeding it, so my bottles and cans came home with me. Such a silly scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,581 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They don't expire. There's no basis for a shop to say that, and if they do, they are in the wrong. Happy to discuss more on the thread for that scheme!

They are printed on thermal paper, which is known to fade, so still not wise to leave for too long as if the barcode fades that'd be a TA too.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Took my workspaces apart all week looking for a 4-page doc, each day I took it apart knowing how easy it is to overlook something I'm looking for.

Gave up and paid to reprint and recopy the doc(money I didn't want to have to pay esp as copies are expensive at the closest copy shop)

Rummaging to find another doc (which cost me €50 originally) and found the first doc! Ta'ed I lost two different types of docs and I will be lucky if I can find the original 50€ doc. Honestly, I'm organised and ta'ed I have to pay for things that relocate themselves without my knowledge.!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The bin collectors haven’t taken my bin in weeks. Means I have to ring them

And that google does not know me , putting ads for watches that cost €10000. I wish

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who queue to board flights. I will never understand it. You have an assigned seat, like 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭drury..

Visitors arriving early

Twice yesterday ffs

Click bait house articles where someone has an amazing house and they love it and it brings them so much happiness blah blah

And then you realise it's just a glorified ad - they are selling the ******* house.

People who illegally park outside religious ceremonies and block the footpath and even the road for emergency vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭drury..

Some people just have to drive right up to the door of whatever they're attending

I don't know they do it , must be a nightmare getting away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Ugh I'm becoming cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being forced to live with compulsives! hoovering at 9.20 am bc I "should" have been up by then(those are my week days hours)

Clunking up and down the stairs now, as I'm not dressed and wasting time on the computer and we going out at 2!!!!

*Everywhere we are going today is open till 8/10 pm.

Freaking exhausting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Opened this salad bowl to find what seems to be a little slug in it.

If its alive then it goes to show how fresh it is.

It's all protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Little bastard Fruit Flies. Seem to be able to fold space when you try to squash them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Add to that list, those who park outside the front door of their local Lidl, Aldi, Supervalu etc, waiting on family members despite there being loads of spaces in the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Nearly half 4 in the morning and I'm wide awake.

FML

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sleeping badly seems common around here lately

Yep it seems so . I went after 12 and wide awake at 6 . Either a feast or a famine with me sleep wise . It’s either 4/5 hours or if I take my tablets could be 16 hours sleep

Too much time spent looking at bright screens interferes with melatonin production which helps regulate sleep

(Edit> I should have said too much time before bedtime)

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/bedroom-environment/blue-light

Blue light suppresses the body’s release of melatonin

Common sources of blue light include:

Fluorescent lights

LED lights

Smartphones

Televisions

Computer screens

Tablets

E-readers

Video game consoles

Post edited by The Continental Op on

• Advertisement

Feeling nauseous after coffee , and when I sit down . I hate hot weather . Give me a cold dry day with a nip in the air over this weather every time

Advertisement