Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2024 (Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will Davy say 'oh this Cork team always had it in them etc' on Up for the match even though his Waterford team beat them this year but in turn been the reason why Cork got back into the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Seadin

Give it a rest, if Waterford were good enough they be into the final by now.

There's an All Ireland Final there to be won. Something Waterford wouldn't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

31 counties will be behind Clare in a fortnight.

Im sure the 31 counties will fill Croke Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

If we do win it you will hear about it i can guarantee you that! No other county generates as much emotion both positive and negative than Cork! I have a great quote from Charlie McCarthy to bring out as well! Anyway thank god there'll be a big Cork crowd there to salute the 1999 team. Twenty five years ago now, yet i remember it like it was yesterday!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Yeah but Waterford did throw it away. Every team needs a lucky break. The reality is that we will be up and about as challengers for the next few years. The rest of the country will just have to suck it up i'm afraid.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I genuinely didn’t think we’d win that in the run up to the game. I was walking to the game from Drumcondra station and overheard a group of Limerick fans Talking about tickets for the final. It was the first time I started to ‘sort of’ believe.

The tension towards the end of the game some something else though. A great day out.

Also, could the back and forth between the few usual suspects from Cork and Not Cork give it a rest for a few days? :D

Ye've had more than enough chances since 1959 to win an all Ireland in fairness.

As that Millwall chant goes nobody likes us we don't care! A Clare win means that they draw level with Galway on the roll of honour as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,929 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

At the death we had shot a that went wide to go over most other days. If they go over Limerick draw or win.

So the approach was absolutely fine. Just the execution was a little below the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭cosatron

I don't know breezy about the approach being fine, I felt kiely was slow on the line, should've taken off hannon at half time and move hayes into center back and maybe switched dan morrisey and Byrneto stiffle harnedy. Cork played the exact same way in munster so he knew what was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hard to figure out if you're a bitter Tipp fan or a bitter Limerick fan. Either way you're blatant bias against Clare is obvious. Must have been tough for you to see them win on Saturday. Please stop talking pure rot and don't worry about us chief.

Ah now, stopping a 5 in a row is huge, absolutely counts for something.

I think that post has come from a bad place, but the poster isn’t wrong. It’s great right now, but it will be seen as a choke if we don’t finish it. And let’s not forget it’s against a side that Cork don’t have a good record against recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Field east

I don’t know what the wide count is between both sides , but I think that Limerick seem to have significantly more wides than Cork. Limerick are normally much more accurate. A lot of the Limerick wides were not shot under pressure - at least physical reassure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Field east

This whole handpass thing is a pure farce. Cyril Farrel - I think that it was him- on match commentary yesterday said that if he was to refer to every handpass witnessed that his whole commentary would be mainly reporting on hand passes so, he said, that he does not refer to them. I reckon that he has ‘ copped out’ from the issue/ he is ‘in the pocket’ of the GAA who do not want it highlighted or ‘ embedded ‘ with the referees association? What’s his problem with mentioning a perceived thrown pass now and again and the camera control room showing , IN SLOW MOTION what actually occurred?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭rebs23

What a day and great game yesterday. There is no game like Hurling. Thrilled but I will never forget 2013.

There were a few standout wides from Limerick under no pressure, but Cork had the Horgan free and 1 or 2 others. I do think that most of Limerick’s wides came as a result of pressure though.

In addition, I also think if that went to ET Cork were cooked. We left it all on the field tbf, but genuinely don’t think we had anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

neither limerick or Tipp… as neutral as they come… semi final on saturday was like a bad junior b game compared to what was served up yesterday…. i actually would like to see Clare win… as counties liike limerick Clare Galway Offaly Wexford when they win get they enjoyment from winning… whereas cork/tipp think when they win that everything in the world is great because they won something.. they believe the natural order in the world has been restored… you can see it from the Cork crowd on here already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭C__MC

Cork did beat clare in back to back munster finals in 16 and 17. But clare kind of have regained the upper hand in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Surely if the final is a 50:50 then its hardly a choke to lose it. And a lot of people would see this as a 50:50. That type of talk very unfair on players.

The final is absolutely 50 50, don't believe anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,929 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I don't think people are aiming that at players but at the fans.

A lot of teenagers singing "fuk your 5 in a row". Thought it was a bit much to slag a team that won 5 Liams and 6 Munster when you have won no trophies. There are gonna be in for a fierce slagging if they arrive to Limerick next year with no All Ireland won.

I agree it’s a 50:50. You could make a case for Clare being favourites given recent history actually. Maybe “choke” was a bad choice of words, but my point was the poster wasn’t wrong when they said that from a Cork, point of view, beating Limerick in isolation doesn’t mean a huge amount if it doesn’t lead to an AI.

Having said that, it feels like it means a hell of a lot right now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Tommysocks11

A fit and starting o donovan, Nash and Peter casey and we win that game yesterday, make no mistake about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Challengers absolutely and congratulations on a fantastic win today. But we already have one fella predicting a 5 in a row 😂. Mark my words that's not the end of Limerick, Clare will continue to challenge, Kilkenny are Kilkenny and might not be so long until we see Tipp emerge again. Sheer arrogance based on nothing to suggest Cork will dominate for years to come. People said they same about Clare in 2013 and it's taken over a decade to get back to a final again. Clare have already beaten Cork in this championship and are more than capable of doing so again. 50 50 game imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭C__MC

I don't know, cork have had a real swagger about them after they took out limerick in PUC. I think there time has arrived, clare were sloppy Saturday and beat a very poor kilkenny team (just about)

Advertisement