Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭gandalfio

And what kind of stuff do Hot Chip play in their DJ set?

They're not on the app yet for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭crl84

Because I don't go to EP anymore and don't care. And everyone is aware of FR's costcutting by reducing acts in recent years. Until c. 2017 the main stage used to have both acts starting at 1pm. Main stage soundcheck was done around 11am. The Saturday acts in recent years still start at 2pm or slightly before, and Sunday acts at 1pm.....

Iggy Pop/Nick Cave soundchecking until lunchtime is a choice made by promoters as they've not scheduled acts to start until 3pm, so can have soundcheck starting later.

Orbital/BTP is a moot point and completely disingenuous, as nobody suggesting not doing a soundcheck at all.

Amazing how BTP could open their main stage at 11:30 Saturday last year with Hot Chip and Leftfield on that night. Or 11am Sunday with Morcheeba and Grace Jones on that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,521 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

In previous years ATN have acts start as early as 12 on the main stage, and normally at least one of the other stages would be going by 1 or 1.30.

Similarly, EP used to have it's main stage kick off at 1 regularly in particular on Sundays.

ATN schedules 5 acts per day on the Sat/Sun this year when really you should be expecting more than that. EP would regularly have 7 and ATN itself used to have 6 or 7 per day when it started early. Assuming they are just trying to cut costs by starting some stages later - it's not because they can't.

Post edited by Ferris_Bueller on

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

You would imagine enticing people into arena is a good thing, apart from creating atmosphere, people are spending, buying merchandise, food, drink etc, personally speaking if there's nothing on in the arena early doors I'm happy to sit outside my tent with friends having a few tins, and I've only really started doing that at ATN, at EP I was always in arena by 1 or so, because there was always something on, whether it was body and soul, or casa bacardi, or main stage for Dublin Gospel Choir etc. I know there is brunch at bandstand and a few other bits that start earlier in day at ATN but there could be a little bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Coz

Has anyone successfully booked a massage? Booking engine keeps failing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

It wouldn’t accept my Wise debit card. Worked with my wife’s Bank of Ireland Mastercard.

Email about resale being open on Ticketmaster. Option still not live on the TM page for ticket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Any idea if it's close to or likely to sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Coz

Just remembered my Revolut card which is Mastercard and it worked.

Seems the issue is with Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Guess if there's a decent weather report a week out it may.

Good enough lineup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Has it sold out previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah I think in 2019 and then they had that traffic chaos on the Friday. Looks like it sold out on 2022 too just near end of July.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭nomoedoe

I got that email also as ive a ticket im not using and the option to resell it wasn’t working so i got onto their chat and the said to disregard the email 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭rubick

Is there a main Clashfinder being worked on? I realise it's probably too early for a completed one yet.

Feels waaaay too early to be looking at the clashfinder, it's typically the week leading up to the festival, 3+ weeks out, the excitement is killing me

So over the next 3 weeks, what's left to drop?

More music announcements? The sitemaps? The traffic plan? The official app announcement & timetable?

The festival isn't sold out so you'd imagine there will be a big push on the socials to build excitement, I also wonder if there's another act or two to be announced, is there any obvious gaps in the timetable?

I'm just noticing that Bill Brewster is on Ping Pong Disco, completely missed that announcement.

That's huge for this punter!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

Have been hearing a good few radio ads for it over the last week which may suggest they're still looking to shift a good amount.

• Advertisement

Confidence Man on Lovely Days seems odd, feels like that stage is far too small for them. They filled The Other Stage at Glastonbury last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Lovely days is a pretty decent size though, the fact that it's an outdoor stage gives plenty of space. That said, I do think they'll draw a massive crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Im not sure how you equate ATN with EP, but i saw that no Pink Moon tents are marked as sold out for ATN, whereas with EP certain options can be gone within hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

The last sell out was with a reduced capacity too, I think it's hard to call this one tbh. Numbers seemed pretty healthy last year anyway and I think the prodigy will make a good few minds up. Actually in terms of acts, I think this year is the most "mainstream" that they've had so far, maybe most accessible would be a better word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭RINO87

The first ATN had some sort of Beatles tribute act on early on the main stage one of the days, around midday. General camping was up on a hill with a great view of the main stage. The weather was savage and loads of people watched that act in the campsite from the comfort of their camping chairs with breakfast beers. Halcyon days!!

In fairness to ATN and the sound crews, having a later start gives the sound crews a better chance of getting things right, there's usually a disaster or two sound wise (it happens, anywhere), that the crews are up all night trying to sort.

Any word on whether Arcadia will be open on the Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hugeglobe

It's there on clashfinder for Thursday but not filled out yet. I believe it was open last year with Arcadia residents playing.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for again, bit of drum 'n bass last year was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,521 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah last year on the Thursday Arcadia, the Bandstand and I think the tent near the big Guinness bar (opposite the bandstand) were open. It was actually brilliant craic on the Thursday. Have gone down around 5pm on Thursday the last two years and would highly recommend it. Lovely feeling being up, fed and showered before most people have even arrived on the Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Any word on public transport options yet? I've been keeping an eye on Bus Éireann but no sign of the ATN special route so far.

Advertisement